13 Surprising Ways to Whiten Teeth with Lemon
Many people who think if all types of citrus fruits such as lemons have acid content that is not good for teeth.
However, in 1996 a dentist from Florida said that lemon is very good to protect the health of teeth while eliminating the yellow color in teeth in addition to many benefits of lemon for hair.
Various bad habits such as eating unhealthy foods, smoking, drinking coffee or tea, illness and some types of drugs can cause the color of teeth more yellow.
The human teeth are coated with enamel that gives white to the teeth, while the yellow layer under the enamel is called dentin. When the enamel is eroded or has problems, the yellow layer of dentin will be more visible so that the teeth will turn yellow. One solution to remove yellow teeth is to use natural ingredients like some whitening teeth with lemons that we will give the following.
- Lemon Juice
Lemon contains high vitamin C and it serves to brighten the color of teeth as well as whiten teeth and also remove black spots on the teeth.
How to: Mix 1 teaspoon of water with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and use to brush your teeth for a few minutes. Continue rinsing and brushing your teeth with regular toothpaste 2 times a week.
- Lemon Skin
Other than lemon juice, lemon peel or skin that contains citric acid can stimulate the production of saliva so that it can be used to clean the mouth as well.
How to whiten teeth naturally:
- Peel the lemon peel and rub it directly on the tooth surface.
- Gently rub for 1 to 2 minutes then rinse well with water and do 3 times a week.
- Lemon and Apple Vinegar
Apple vinegar also contains mild acids that can be combined with lemon to remove the yellow stain on the teeth to make the teeth look whiter.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of apple vinegar with 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and mix it with a cup of water.
- Use the water to rinse out before brushing and do it 2 to 3 times a week in the morning.
- Baking Soda and Lemon
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate has abrasive properties that can be used to erode the stain on the surface of the tooth while containing alkaline properties that can reduce the acidity in the mouth. While lemon also contains acids that can help whiten teeth while acting as a natural antiseptic.
How to make a mask of baking soda and lemon for teeth:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of lemon water.
- Apply to a toothbrush and brush teeth for 3 minutes and gargle as usual done 2 times a week.
- Lemon and Banana Skin
The combination of vitamin C and acids in lemon and manganese and potassium in banana peels is also a good combination to whiten teeth naturally.
- Squirt lemon juice on freshly peeled banana peel.
- Rub gently on tooth surface for 1 to 2 minutes then gargle with warm water.
- Do this every day until the teeth look whiter.
- Lemon and Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is also very well used to maintain healthy hair and skin as well as containing lauric acid that can kill plaque-causing bacteria in the teeth as well as refreshing breath.
Mix a few drops of lemon water with coconut oil and rub on the teeth with your fingers.
- Rinse well with water and continue brushing your teeth every morning.
- Lemon Oil
Lemon essential oil made from lemon peel also has a content to whiten teeth while containing anti-fungal properties that can improve the health of the gums and teeth.
- Drop lemon essential oil on a toothbrush then add with regular toothpaste.
- Use to brush your teeth as usual every morning for several weeks.
- Lemon and Sesame Oil
The combination of lemon and sesame oil is very powerful to whiten teeth and remove stains and dental plaques as well as have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Mix 1 tablespoon sesame oil with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Use this mixture to rinse for 15 to 20 minutes and add with a pinch of salt for maximum results made every morning.
Also read: How to Fight Bad Breath with Betel Leaf
- Lemon and Active Charcoal
Active charcoal masks have a function to absorb dirt as well as whiten teeth quickly and effectively. The combination of these two ingredients could be an effective way to whiten teeth while preventing cavities and maintaining healthy gums.
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice with activated charcoal that has been smoothed into powder.
- Apply this mixture to the toothbrush and brush your teeth as usual with a gentle circular motion for 2 minutes.
- Rinse well with water and do it twice a week.
- Lemon and Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is also can be mixed with lemon water to whiten teeth quickly.
Mix 2 teaspoons lemon juice with 1 cup hydrogen peroxide with 1 cup water.
- Use the solution to rinse for 40 seconds then throw away and rinse as usual.
- Do this 2 times a week for best results.
- Lemon and Salt
Benefits of salt for the face can also be used as a solution to whiten teeth. The combination of lemon juice with salt can be used to remove yellow stains on teeth and salt which also acts as a soft exfoliator.
- Mix 1 teaspoon salt with 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Use this mixture to brush your teeth 2 times a week.
- Lemon and Turmeric
Turmeric is also good to whiten teeth. Turmeric has mild abrasive properties such as lemons that will whiten teeth while killing unhealthy microbes in teeth and gums.
- Mix 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric powder with a few drops of lemon juice to a paste.
- Pour the paste on a toothbrush and use it to brush your teeth for 3 minutes.
- Solve with the usual rinse and do for several times for maximum results.
- Lemon and Guava Leaves
Guava leaves contain substances such as flavonoids and phenols are powerful to overcome oxidative stress due to microorganisms on the teeth causing yellow teeth, removing plaque on teeth, overcoming swelling of gums and infection.
- Puree 2 shoots of guava leaves to form a rough paste.
- Add a few drops of lemine water then use to brush your teeth for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Rinse as usual and do for several days.
Lemon is a great fruit to whiten teeth because lemon contains acidic and anti-bacterial properties as well as some other content to overcome yellow teeth as well as to overcome the problems of other teeth and gums problems such as cavities, gingivitis, bad breath and other problems, especially when combined with other natural ingredients thus maximizing results in just a few weeks of use.
Also read: Natural Ways to Lighten Skin with Lemon