Natural Ways on How to Use Sugarcane Juice for Hair Growth
The hair is a thread-like object that grows from a structure called a follicle. A follicle lies in a skin layer called the dermis. The follicle’s function is to anchor the hair into the dermis layer. The follicle’s structure spanned from the dermis layer up to the surface of the skin.
A strand of hair is made of a protein called keratin, specifically, an alpha-keratin protein. This type of protein consists of a tight-knit structure that would result in the hair’s great material strength. Each strand of hair consists of the following layers:
- The cuticle, which is the first layer and made out of an overlapping layers of thin hair cells.
- The cortex, the second layer that contains bundles of alpha-keratin with rod-like structures.
- The medulla, which is the final layer that consists of an open cavity within the hair structure.
The cuticle is basically the hair’s covering, and this itself is covered by a thin layer of fat. Next the cortex, is the layer that contains alpha-keratin that determine the hair’s strength. Finally, the medulla is an elongated channel that stretches along inside the hair’s structure.
The hair follicle is encased by the hair bulb, while the hair root designates the bulb’s base area that latches itself to the dermis layer. The “living” and growing part of the hair structure is its follicle, specifically the hair root, which lies at the follicle’s base. This is because every single strand of hair is produced in this area. Also, it is responsible for the secretion of sweats to lubricate the hair.
You may also read about Side Effects of Hair Smoothening
Growth of Hair
Hair growth follows 3 specific phases, these are:
- The anagen phase: this is the phase where the hair grows actively for a period of 2-8 years.
- The catagen phase: this is the phase where the hair starts to experience slow growth and the hair follicle starts to fold or shrinks. This occur for a period of 2-3 weeks.
- The telogen phase: this is the phase where the hair stops growing and the follicle totally fold or stops developing any hair strand. This occur for a period of 3 months.
It is important to note that each strand of hair can be at different growth stages simultaneously. For example, one strand of hair might be in the catagen phase while another is in the anagen phase. In addition, hair growth occurs at different rates for different people.
On average, the hair grows at a rate of 1.25 cm per month or roughly 15 cm per year. What actually control hair growth is the androgen hormone, which are produced in the testes for male, ovaries for female and the adrenal glands.
However, hair growth can be inhibited by radiation, medication or even stress. On the other hand, its growth can also be stimulated with the aid of vitamins, pro-growth medication and other nutrients. Among one of the non-conventional way to do this is to regularly drink sugarcane juice.
You may also read about:
- Side Effects of Using Hair Serum
- How to Make Your Hair Grow 10 Inches in A Week Naturally
- How to Use Egg Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
Sugarcane juice Nutrients and Substances
A sugarcane juice is a type of drink that is made out of a liquid from a mechanically pressed sugarcane plant. The drink can sometimes be found or sold in road stalls or high-end stores.
The drink itself does not contain any vitamins, however it does contain significant amount of potassium. Potassium is beneficial to hair growth, as it helps to accelerate the delivery of vital nutrients to the follicle, thus accelerating its growth. Hence, by drinking this juice, we can potentially accelerate hair growth without using artificial medication.
You may also read about: How to Use Sugarcane Juice for Dengue Fever
How to use sugarcane juice for hair growth
It is important to note that there are several steps that needs to be taken when preparing or drinking sugarcane juice for the purpose of accelerating hair growth, these are:
- Cleaned the sugarcane plant that will be extracted thoroughly by first washing it with water for about 5-10 minutes. Do not use liquid soap or any form of hand wash.
- Pick of any extra leaves or dirt that may latches itself to the plant. Afterwards, boil the plant in hot water for about 5 minutes, do not overboil the plants as the plants may lose any nutrients that it has in the process.
- The plant is now ready to be pressed. Once a section of the plant is pressed, do not press it again, as there will be little/minimal nutrients left after the first process.
- Once the liquid is extracted, keep it in an airtight container and drink it fresh. When not drinking, stored it under cold conditions as this will prohibits the development of dangerous contaminants or pathogens. Do not drink and store juices that is more than 2 days old, as there is a possibility that it might be already be putrid.
- Do not add any extra additives, sugar or flavor enhancements to the drink as there is no nutritional or health benefits from doing this.
Health tips in using sugarcane juice for fast hair growth
Several health tips in drinking sugarcane juice for fast hair growth are:
- Drink once in a day or a few times in a week. Also, drink in moderate quantity, for example up to or less than 330 ml per day. Drinking too much would only add the amount of sugar in your blood.
- Use sugarcane plant that is located outside of waste areas or chemically-contaminated area. Do not use sugarcane plants that grows on roadsides or near heavy industrial sites.
- For safety reasons, do not drink sugarcane plants from roadside vendors as these might be contaminated with foreign pathogens/contaminants.
- Do not drink the juice while you are taking other medication or if you have other serious health problems. As this might cause unwanted side effects to your health.
- Stop drinking the juice and consult your physician if you experience side effects immediately after drinking it.
Well, that’s how to use sugarcane juice for hair growth.