16 Best Ways to Get Rid of a Foot Blister with Home Remedies
Commonly, foot blister; a donut-shaped bump comes from the excessive friction. When your foot is continually rubbed against a rough surface such as shoes or socks, it might cause the blister which is painful.
However, the blister is the body defensive mechanism to reduce the pressure and protect the underlying tissues. When you have foot blister, you might feel bad in walking, standing, and exercising.
In this article, you can find the best way to treat a foot blister by using simple remedies you can get in your kitchen’s cupboard.
The Causes of Foot Blister
- Long distance walking— Blister is formed when you have had a long way walking.
- Running — Most of runner or athlete have had experienced blister due to the exercise they do.
- Performing continual motion of an exercise — It develops the blister because of the constant pressure on the foot.
- Poorly fitting shoes —Too loose or too tight shoes might form the blister.
- Frostbite — When the body is exposed to the extreme cold, it will develop blister as the body strategy to preserve its temperature.
- Allergy— The blister caused by the skin allergic might itchy and stay for about two weeks for it heals itself.
- Chemical in detergent or soap— Just like any allergen, chemically contains in detergent or soap can for a blister on your sole foot.
- Insect bite— It occurs after the itching, and you scratch it too much. The bacteria in your nails might be the carrier to the infection.
- Sunburn— After a sunburn, you might have a blister on your foot. Someone with diabetes might have risks to the growth of the non-healing ulcer.
- Fungal/bacterial infections—Wet footwear is the best home for bacteria and fungi to grow. Due to the excessive scratching, the blister might develop and discomfort you.
- Wet feet—You must have experienced get soaked in the rain. It feels discomfort and the soaked-shoes can promote the growth of bacteria and fungi.
- Excessive sweating— If you are an active person and have much time in outdoor, sweating might be the threat for you. The excessive sweating, especially in your foot might haunt you and form the bubble on your upper layer foot skin.
- New footwear— Yeah! It is horrible to find out that your new shoes bring you in pain with the fluid-filled bump.
- Wearing shoes without socks— Aha! The backstay of shoes might be rough and irritate your soft skin. Without using socks, you let your foot risk in the blister.
The Symptoms of a Foot Blister
The symptoms of the blister are:
- Red and tender skin
- Freezing skin
- Ruptured blood vessels
Thus, let’s take a look about best ways to get rid of a foot blister with home remedy below.
The Best Remedies to Treat Foot Blister
Thank God that we can find many simple ways to get rid out of the foot blister by using home remedies which is also fast to heal the problem. Here are some treatments and medicinal herbs that useful for you as best way to get rid of a foot blister.
- Epsom salt
It helps to promote the blister to drain and easy to find. Magnesium in it will prevent the infection, inflammation and reduce the burning.
You will need:
- Two tablespoons of Epsom salt
- 2 cups of water
- Boil them and add some cold water to make it bearable for you to soak the feet.
- Soak your foot for about 15 minutes.
- Remove your foot, dry them. You also can apply petroleum jelly on the blister to accelerate the healing process.
Do it once daily for several days.
- Aloe Vera
Raise up your hand if you agree that Aloe is the most incredible healer you can find easily. Its anti-inflammatory helps soothe the inflammation and reduce the pain. It also has many substances to bring back the softness of the skin.
What you can do;
- Extract the gel.
- Smash it; you can add honey to this liquid.
- Apply the mixture directly to the blister and let it dry.
- Wash your foot with warm water.
- Repeat the treatment a day thrice.
Meanwhile, you may also want to read about How to Treat Cancer with Turmeric
- Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV is sufficient to heal the inflammation and diminish the pain caused by the blister due to its antibacterial properties. All you have to do is simple, just follow this step:
- Dip a cotton swab to the ACV.
- Swab the affected area gently and wait until dry.
- Do it three times a day.
- Green Tea
By drinking two glasses of green tea a day and put the used tea bag on the surface of the affected area three times a day will help the blister to lessen. Anti-inflammatory compounds contained in the leaves is excellent to eliminate the swelling.
See also: How to Relieve Swollen Gum at Home
- Tea Tree Oil
All you need is some drops of tea tree oil and plain water solution on the cotton swab. This is the best way to get rid of a foot blister.
- Rub the affected area with it.
- Let it for about 10 minutes before warm water washing.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a day.
Tea tree oil has an astringent agent to erase the inflammation and prevent the infection.
To keep your foot dry, you can apply deodorant by the following step:
- Make sure your foot dry and clean before using the shoes.
- Apply deodorant on your foot before wearing the socks.
- Put the shoes on, and you’re ready to go.
Find out more useful tips: How to Treat Cancer with Aloe Vera
- Castor oil
Another healer falls to castor oil. It has antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties to get rid of the blister.
- Rub the affected area by the application of castor oil in the cotton ball.
- Do it daily before going to bed.
- You can also add some drops of white vinegar and apply them gently.
- Vitamin E oil
To prevent the scar caused by the blister, you can rely on Vitamin E oil. Its effectiveness comes from the moisturizer contained in it.
What to do:
- Slice open a vitamin E capsule and extract the oil.
- Mix it with olive oil/Calendula in equal amount.
- Smear the blister and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Reapply for up to a week.
Chamomile has soothing as well as healing properties. It helps ease the pain and swelling of a foot blister.
- Chamomile Tea
- Brew a chamomile tea bag and let it warm.
- Dip a clean washcloth in it and squeeze the excess moisture.
- Put it over the blister for 10 minutes.
- Do it several times a day.
Healing properties in chamomile tea will help to ease the itchiness and relieve the pain.
Known for its strong healing agent to throw away the bacteria and prevent the blister from the infection, turmeric comes as a gold remedy for the foot blister.
What you need are:
- A half teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Three tablespoons of rose/plain water
- Make them as a paste
- Rub it to the affected area and allow to dry (5-10 minutes)
- Rinse with warm water.
- Repeat the treatment 3-4 times a day.
- Lavender Essential Oil
Another treatment to relieve foot blister is by using lavender essential oil. Its healing properties help alleviate the burning sensation of the blisters.
- Some drops of lavender oil
- A cotton swab
- Soak a cotton swab into the oil and use directly to the affected area.
- Do it until the blister dries up.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil assists in soothing the pain, and the reduce the swelling. Its antibacterial agent is also reliable to fight the bacteria causing the infection.
What to do:
- Dip a cotton ball in some drops of coconut oil.
- Smear the affected area with it.
- Repeat this step several times a day.
You might want to read: Tips Prevent Premature Grey Hair
Well, you can find it in your bathroom. Just apply the toothpaste to the blister. Its cold sensation will provide the affected area with a comfortable feeling.
- Witch Hazel
Apply some drops of witch hazel oil by using a cotton swab to accelerate the healing process and reduce the ache.
Find out the useful tips on How to Prevent Thyroid Gland Disorder
Honey is the best remedy to deal with all skin problems.
- You only have to smear the affected area with this sweet, sticky, yellowish fluid.
- Cover the foot with the gauze.
- Reapply four times a day.
- Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly is effective to heal the blister and acts as a moisturizing. You have to make sure the affected area is clean before applying the ointment because it may trap the bacteria — which is resulting in prevent the healing process.
- Smear the jelly by using a cotton swab on the affected area
- Cover with gauze overnight to keep the ointment in place.
- Repeat as needed.
Prevention Steps of Foot Blister
- Wearing the proper fitting footwear
- Keep the cleanliness of the shoes to prevent the bacteria growth
- Do not scratch the blister or pop it otherwise it worsens the blister and open to infection.
- Avoid the repetitive motion.
- Do not continue the exercise while having the blister. It would worsen the damage.
- Prevent to use tape as it can make worse the blister.
Having a foot blister is not good. It can ruin your whole day cause it makes you feel pain in walking and doing anything. Luckily, you can try those home remedies to get rid of foot blister fast and that’s best way to get rid of a foot blister.