Is Coconut Oil Safe For Dry Lips? Here is The Answer!
Do you always bring coconut oils in your bag? What do you use it for? Well, Coconut oil is multi-functional. The benefit of using coconut oils are moisturizing, healing, and protecting every part of your body, especially on your lips.
Coconut oil is a helpful natural remedy for burn treatment, considered an emollient to protect your skin. But let’s find some more information! Is Coconut Oil Safe For Dry Lips? Lets jump right in.
Coconut Oils, What is it?
Coconut oils is an oil extract of coconut, contained 90 % of saturated fat. Saturated fat contents on it is said to increase cardiovascular and other diseases. There are some kind of coconut oil that sold out of the world, such as Virgin Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and Pure Coconut Oil. Which one do you often use daily? Lets continue!
As we had mentioned before, coconut oil is multi-function in our life. But, for now we will specifically explain about coconut oil usage for dry lips. Is it safe or not? What is the best way of using it? Let’s scroll down more.
Benefit Of Using Coconut Oils
There are some benefits of using coconut oils, such as :
- Reduces inflammation
- Soothes your lips
- Coconut oils with SPF works like a natural sunscreen on your lips
- Prevent your skin from harmful rays of the sun
- Enhances collagen production on your lips
- Healing your cracked and chapped lips
- Prevent bacteria growth on your chapped lips
- Coconut oils as a natural moisturizer
- Keeping your lips soft naturally
The Disadvantages Of Using Coconut Oils
Some of the disadvantages of using this coconut oil, are :
- Fat saturated contained in it could cause another disease on your body.
- Leave you addicted
- Wrong usage would lead you to the wrong results
- Too much usage of coconut oils would cause your lips too moist
So, Is Coconut Oils Safe For Dry Lips?
Thus, let’s answer the title and the questions above. Is coconut oils safe for dry lips? Well, according to the research, using coconut oils to moist your dry lips is SAFE. Yes, it is safe. But do not use it too much. There are some rules for using coconut oils on your dry lips. Here they are :
- Wash your lips, rub coconut oils to your lips. Rub it slowly with your finger. Then leave it overnight. Let coconut oils works while you were sleeping. Then when you wake up, rinse it with warm water. It will moist your dry lips. See Also 12 Useful Make Up Tips For Oily Skin
- Mix coconut oils with cocoa butter, then rub it into your lips. Leave it for 15 minute. Then rinse it off with water. Cocoa butter has the same function with coconut oils. If you mixed them up, you will get the double results of moist lips.
- Before you had an outdoor activity, use your coconut oils beforehand. Find coconut oils product that contain SPF on it. It would protect your lips from the sun.
Alternative Product For Your Dry Lips
Well, we have some alternative product for you, that has the same function and much better than coconut oils.
- Avocado Oil, is an oil from natural ingredient. An extract from avocado which had almost the same function with coconut oil.
- Beeswax often contained in balm or salve. You can find some product that contained beeswax on it. Plus it’s cheaper than Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Olive Oil can be found in every supermarket. But, make sure you pick the right product, okay? There are different kinds of olive oil for cooking and for beauty. See also This Is How to Use Peppermint Oil for Effective Lung Cleansing
- Raw Honey is useful too. Add sugar to your raw honey, and use it as your lip scrub. Leave it for 10 minute, then rinse it off. Your lips will be moist and look pinkish than before.
- Shea Butter is a common beauty product currently. You can find it on store. You can mix it with coconut oils or essential oil before you apply it on your dry lips.
- Essential Oil is not only for relaxation, it can be First Aid for your dry lips. Rub it slowly with your finger and leave it for 20 minute. Then rinse it off with warm water. See Also 13 Reasons Why Using Essentials Oil Can Damaged Skin
- Aloe Vera is well-known to heal your skin both body and lips. If you had cracked lips, there is another alternative for you and the results is promising as well.
- Cocoa Butter, as we mention above, you can mix it up with coconut oils, then rub it slowly with your finger. Leave it overnight if you want to get the best results in the morning.
- Jojoba Oil is also proven to moist the dry skin and dry lips. Mix it up with Shea butter,then rub it into your dry lips. Leave it for 10 minute then rinse it off. See Also Benefits and Side Effects Palm Oil You Must Know
- Protecting Balm contains beeswax or other ingredients. But first of all, make sure that you know the ingredients in Protecting Balm. Choose the product that contained complete ingredients.
- Using Lip balm for dry lips is safe too. You can choose to rub a lip balm or coconut oil in your dry lips before an outdoor activity. But make sure that your lip balm has the natural content on it and did not contain dangerous material in it. Cracked lips would get worse if you use wrong product of lip balm.
We had done explaining to you about about the safeness of Coconut for dry lips. Now you know the answer of it. We hope this article would provide you some knowledge about healthy and beauty. Thanks for reading our article.