18 Effective Traditional Ways to Cure Constipation
Do you have any trouble with toileting problems? One of the toileting problems is constipation. If you are having difficulty in emptying your bowel, then you might suffer from constipation.
Constipation is one of the digestive problems that makes you having less than 3 bowel movements in a week. It comes to severe constipation when you have less than one bowel movement in a week.
You might want to know further about constipation, including the causes of constipation, the symptoms of constipation, ways to stop constipation effectively and naturally and the tips to prevent getting worse constipation.
Digestive system plays an important role in our health, if you have problem with digestive system, you might be interested to read about How to Treat Your Stomach after Vomiting to find the solution of your problem.
Why does constipation occur?
There are some factors that lead you to have constipation. They are:
- Poor eating habit
- Lack of exercise
- Resistance of the urge to poop
- Colon cancer
- Too much dairy products in your diet
Some of these factors are also becoming the factors of several health problems, such as stated in Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath with Home Remedies and Fastest Ways to Get Rid of Cellulite on Stomach Fast.
Symptoms of constipation
If you are infected by constipation, you might experience the following symptoms. Here are the symptoms.
- Having less than 3 stools in one week
- Experiencing hard stools
- Having hard time to have bowel movements
- Feeling of blockage in your rectum
- You might need to use your finger to remove the stool from your rectum.
Caution: You might experience severe constipation if you are experiencing the symptoms above for more than 3 months.
Traditional Ways to Cure Constipation
It must be uncomfortable while having constipation as you might feel carrying rubbish on your belly. There are some ways to stop constipation effectively and fast. They are natural, safe, practical and easy to follow. Check these following out!
1. Lemon juice
Lemon juice acts as a natural laxative and contains citric acid that helps to let the toxins out from the digestive tract. Drink a cup of one lemon juice mixed with warm water every morning to eliminate the toxins regularly.
Make sure you have unprocessed and pure honey to help you to stop constipation. It has natural laxative and minerals as well as enzymes essential for a healthy digestive system. Mix the pure honey with warm water or tea and drink it regularly to smoother your digestion flow.
It is one of the famous remedy in Traditional Ways to Cure Chicken Pox Fast. According to Dr Carolyn Dean, magnesium helps to relax the muscles and nerves of your intestines and colon. It also helps to remove water and soften your stool.
4. Olive oil
This oil, which is also useful for solving problem in 21 Ways to Prevent Red Bumps after Shaving Pubic Hair, is another simple and easy treatment to stop constipation effectively and fast. It stimulates your digestive system and moves the waste away smoothly.
How to stop constipation effectively and fast:
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt and eat it directly on empty stomach in the morning.
- Do it every 3-4 hours until you feel better.
- You can add 1 tsp of lemon juice for extra benefit.
5. Baking soda and warm water
This good combination help to reduce the constipation symptoms as it relieves pain. Just mix a teaspoon of baking soda with a quarter cup of warm water.
6. Yogurt and kefir
They are a perfect combination for breakfast when it is mixed with cereals or granola. Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium stimulates healthy bowel to make the way of the stool smoother.
By staying hydrated, you will support your muscles function. When enough water is sufficient to be received by your body, then it can process the nutrients and the stool would be able to move smoothly. Just simply drink a lot of water whenever you are thirsty.
Herbs, such as flax seed, psyllium and fenugreek are beneficial to stop constipation effectively and fast. Your stomach will process these herbs easier and they are perfect for stopping constipation effectively and fast.
9. Coconut oil
It helps as lubricants for your intestines so the stool might get smoother on its way out. Take 2 tbsp of coconut oil each day and you will see the result. If eating coconut oil is not really into you, you can add it to your food or morning coffee.
10. Daily fish oil intake
Fish oil contains Omega 3 and it is trusted to lubricate your bowels so that your stool can get out smoothly. You can buy this fish oil in the form of capsules in the nearest drugstore.
Prunes are rich in fiber so that it is effective to stop constipation naturally and fast. You can eat the prunes directly or blend it as a juice. It is very tasty!
12. Castor oil
It is trusted to stimulate intestines and lubricate your stool so it flows and gets out smoothly. Castor oil is considered safe to consume castor oil but it is better to consult with your doctor before consuming castor oil as remedy.
13. Brown sugar
It is another great remedy for treating constipation.
How to stop constipation effectively and fast:
- Mix 1/2 tsp of brown sugar and 1 cup of lukewarm water. Stir it until they mix well. Remember to use cool boiled water for mixing the brown sugar.
- Consume the solution twice a day.
This remedy is also beneficial to stop constipation for babies.
Raisins are trusted as one of the best remedies to stop constipation effectively and fast. It is rich in calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium that are essential for treating constipation. It also helps to regulate the movement of the bowel.
traditional ways to cure constipation:
- Soak 4-5 raisins in water overnight.
- In the next morning, boil them in a glass of milk. Stir it and consume it directly.
Other ways to stop constipation effectively and fast
Some fruits play an important role to stop constipation effectively and fast. Thus, this is also traditional ways to treat constipation.
Here are the lists of fruits useful for stopping constipation.
- Tomato juice – it helps maintaining your healthy bowels.
- Apple juice – it is rich in pectin (fiber) that helps to smoother the movement of the stool through the digestive tract.
- Papaya – is a natural laxative that is beneficial for treating constipation problem.
Meanwhile, there are some traditional ways to cure constipation that you can try at home.
It is said that you had better doing prevention than curing your diseases. It is also working for constipation. Prevention might avoid you from getting worse complication, such as colon cancer.
Here are the things you can do to prevent yourself from getting infected with constipation.
- Good stress management – By doing good stress management, you can avoid yourself from getting disturbed enzymes production by your digestive system.
- Eat food high in fiber – food that are high in fiber will make the journey of the stool smoother so you would not find it hard to do bowel movements.
- Drink lots of water – it is recommended to take more than 8 glasses of mineral water a day.
- Prefer warm water instead of cold water
- Exercise – it will affect the hormones production.
- Never ignore the urge to do bowel movement
- Avoid caffeine – caffeine might be dehydrating your body
The natural remedies above are helpful to stop constipation effectively and fast. They do not have harmful effect as they are natural. However, if your condition is worse and already existing for more than 2 months, you are suggested to visit the doctor immediately. Hope some of them are working for you.