How to Use Sugarcane Juice for a Healthy Weight Loss
How to use sugarcane juice for a healthy weight loss? The human body weight is the measure of a person’s body mass without any items attached to that person. In many parts of the world, it is usually measured in kilograms (kg), which is the international system units for mass. There are 3 main components that constitute a person’s body weight, these are body fat, lean body mass (which consists of muscle, bone, and organ) and water.
The quantity of each component varies by age, gender and from person to person. In general, water contributes to almost 70% of body weight in both male and female. Not only the water exists separately within the body, but it also presents in all parts of it, for example in muscles, organ, etc.
In terms of percentage, a fit man body weight would consist of 15% bones, 40-45% muscles and about 15% fat. While in a fit woman, her body weight would consist of 12% bones, 30-35% muscles and about 27% fat. The other components of both sexes body weight may consist of water, organs, soft tissues, blood, etc.
One of the most popular methods to determine a person’s body weight is through the body mass index (BMI). The BMI is the value obtained from dividing a person’s body mass with the square of his/her body weight (in a unit of kg/m2). This index quantifies a person’s body weight from the total amount of muscle, fat, and bone tissue within his/her body.
From this, a person’s weight can be grouped into 4 categories. These are underweight, normal weight, overweight and obese. If a person weight is under 18.5 kg/m2, he/she is said to be underweight. If his/her weight is between 18.5-25 kg/m2, then he/she would have a normal weight. For values between 25-30 kg/m2, he/she would be overweight and above 30 kg/m2, he/she would be obese.
Body Weight and Weight Loss
Body weight itself is not a constant quantity. It can vary throughout a person’s lifetime. It can even vary in a single day due to numerous factors. For example, if a person experiences dehydration or loss of water due to heat or exercise, then his/her body weight may decrease. Also, if a person spent more energy than what he/she takes from food supplies, the body will then take any reserve energy in the form of stored fats or muscles, thus further reducing that person’s weight.
The loss or reduction of total body weight due to the loss of fluids, fats, muscle, and other soft tissues is called a weight loss. A weight loss can occur intentionally or unintentionally. Unintentional weight loss can occur due to stress, diseases, malnourished or any other undiagnosed medical conditions. While intentional weight loss can be caused by a change in a person’s diet, medical operations or due to an increase in physical activity.
One of the most effective ways to achieve weight loss is by simultaneously doing physical exercise and regulating one’s dietary pattern. By regulating, this meant that he/she would have to reduce intakes of foods that are rich in sugar, fats, and salts. Instead, he/she should eat foods that are rich in fibers and high in nutrients. An effective and delicious method of doing so is by regularly taking sugarcane juice. You may also read about how to use dragon fruit to lose weight.
Sugarcane juice is a drink that is made out of a pressed sugarcane plant. This drink has, among others, fibers and a significant amount of calcium and iron. Fiber is very beneficial to the body’s digestive system. This is because it helps the system to further digest complex foods, thus aiding in reducing weight by not producing excess body waste.
Meanwhile, iron and calcium can reinforce the bone structure without adding extra fat to the overall weight composition. By taking the juice regularly, there is a potential that we can significantly reduce weight without any intrusive medical procedure or excessive physical exercise.
The Uses of Sugarcane Juice for Weight Loss
In this part, we will see how to use sugarcane juice for a healthy weight loss. It could be one of the tips for weight loss during menopause and how to lose weight during pregnant. Steps that need to be taken when making a sugarcane juice for the purpose of weight reduction are:
- Before processing, the sugarcane plant must be washed with clean water for roughly 5 minutes.
- Heat the plant in lukewarm water for about 5 minutes, do not over boil the plants as it may lose any nutrients that it has in the process.
- Pressed the plant thoroughly only once. Do not press it repeatedly, as it will also dissolve nutrients within the plant.
- Once the sap is extracted, drink the juice while it is still fresh and keep it in a cold and airtight container. This is done to prohibit the development of dangerous contaminants or pathogens. Do not drink more than one-day old juice as freshly-made juice may expire faster than the artificially-made ones.
- Do not add any extra sugar to the drink as this would result in the opposite effect. By doing so, the amount of sugar intake to the body will then increase, which in turn leads to increases in body weight.
Health Tips in Using Sugarcane Juice to Achieve Significant Weight Reduction
Several health tips in taking sugarcane juice for weight loss are as follows:
- Only drink once a week and drink it in moderate quantity. For example, drink it up to less than 330 ml per day. Drinking too much would actually increase your weight as it adds the amount of sugar and fat within the body.
- For hygienic reasons, use sugarcane plant that is located outside of waste areas, roadsides, near heavy industrial sites and from non-street vendors. This is to avoid contamination from foreign pathogens/contaminants.
- Do not drink the juice while you are taking other medication or if you have any other health problems. As doing so may cause additional side effects.
- Stop taking the juice immediately if your body weight increases. Consult a nutritionist or your physician to optimally design the best course of action for weight loss treatment.
That’s all about how to use sugarcane juice for a healthy weight loss. Hopefully, this information is worth to all of you .