12 Common Characteristics of Acne in Breast
Acne can appear in any part of the body including in the breast. Acne is formed when sebaceous glands in the skin produce excessive oil that eventually clogs the skin pores.
As a result, the oil trapped in the skin pores becomes a growth medium for bacteria that aggravates acne. Common forms of acne are:
- Blackheads (oil trapped in the skin pores are oxidized so its color turns dark)
- Papules (inflammation of the skin pores)
- Pustules (inflammation on the surface of the skin, contain pus)
Causes of Acne in Breast
Some common causes of acne in breast are similar with causes of acne on the forehead.
- Excess oil production in the breast area
Many people think sunlight can eliminate acne. But sun exposure actually can trigger acne breakout. Skin exposed to sunlight will certainly be dry. In response, sebaceous glands will produce more oil to rehydrate the skin. If this continues, the oil will inevitably clog the skin pores and acne is formed. Therefore, to prevent dry skin it is better for women to use a moisturizer that does not clog the skin pores and minimizing sun exposure.
- Hormonal imbalances
This usually occurs in teens and women during their period. The use of tight clothes or non-breathable-bra can accelerate the acne breakout or even aggravate it. However, acne will disappear if the hormone returns to balance.
- Side effect of treatment
If you suspect that your acne is a side effect of treatment, consult your doctor immediately. Read more about Side Effects of Swallowing Nail Polish Remover
Perfumes contain a variety of chemicals. One of which may irritate the skin and trigger breakouts. This case is usually specific, meaning it depends on the reaction of each individual. To prevent breakouts, avoid using perfume in the chest area.
- Hereditary factors
If it is a hereditary factor, you should pay more attention to maintaining personal hygiene. Read more about Effects on Skin From Not Sleeping All Night Long
- Lack of personal hygiene
Therefore women are advised to immediately take a bath after exercise or bring a tissue to dry the sweaty breasts. Read more about How To Overcome Insomnia During Pregnancy
Acne can worsen when sweat builds up in the breast and can not evaporate, e.g. because of the use of sports bra.
Characteristics of Acne in Breast
There is no need to worry about acne in breast. Basically there is no difference between acne in breast with acne in the face. Below are some characteristics of acne in breast.
- The appearance is just like regular acne : Acne in the breast is the same as acne on the face or in other parts of the body. The bumps are small and sometimes red.
- It does not cause pain : Basically acne in the breast does not cause pain. However, if the acne is exposed to friction by a bra or shirt, the sufferer may feel pain.
- Acne is not hard: When you touch the acne, it will not feel hard.
- Has fixed size : The size of acne remains. But when the acne will heal, it will become smaller.
- Quickly healed : With the right treatment, according to doctor’s advice, acne in the breast will be quickly healed.
- Papules type : Acne is a reddish lump.
- Pustules type : Acne is a reddish lump. The tip of acne looks white because it contains pus.
- Nodules type : Acne is quite large and slightly hard. Sometimes it causes pain because acne gets into the inner skin. Fortunately, there are natural ways on how to eliminate acne nodules.
- Cysts type : It’s almost the same as pustules type. But sometimes it causes pain.
- Acne has a uniform color : The most obvious of characteristics of acne in breast is evenly reddish. If there is pus inside then white spots are visible in the middle.
- Not followed by other symptoms : Acne is not followed by other symptoms, such as breast enlargement, changes in the nipple, and so forth.
- Symmetrical : Acne has a symmetrical round shape.
- Use acne pads to help relieve the breakouts. The pads is sold over the counter so you can buy yourself. Or you can learn how to eliminate acne with honey.
- Try to clean the breast with acne cleanser. Use the mild one since the breast skin is fragile.
- You can easily find various types of medications for acne ranging from ointments to herbal pills. Usually you do not need a prescription to buy them. You can also try how to eliminate acne with garlic.
- For those with sensitive skin, it’s good to consult a dermatologist. The dermatologist may prescribe specially formulated drugs to treat acne without irritating the breast skin.
- Since the breast skin is delicate, the treatment of acne in breast should be closely monitored. Treatment should not make the skin around the acne get inflamed or dry out
- Make an appointment with your doctor or a dermatologist if your own treatment fails or acne returns in a short time. Doctors can give you advice or find alternative treatments that you never thought before.
- Daily habits can affect the occurence of acne in the breast. So tell your doctor about your habits so the doctor can give you advice and you get enlightenment.
- Pay attention to personal hygiene. It is the first and most important step to overcome breakouts. Taking a bath regularly is a must. Use an anti-bacterial soap to clean the breast area including the skin under the breast.
- If your own treatment is not successful, contact your doctor. Your doctor may prescribe a more specific medication to eliminate your acne.
- Never touch or squeeze your acne because it can trigger infection and scarring.
- Do not eat foods with high sugar content.
- Do not spray perfume or apply lotion to the breast area.
- Do not wear tight clothes in hot weather
- Clean yourself immediately after exercise.
That’s all guys. Hopefully this simple explanation can help you overcome acne in breast.