9 Ways to Use a Coffee Mask for Pregnant Women
Although drinking coffee during pregnancy is not recommended because of the high caffeine content and some other substances that can affect the fetus in the womb, using a coffee mask during pregnancy is allowed because there are several benefits that can be obtained especially for the skin during pregnancy.
Benefits of Coffee Masks during Pregnancy
Coffee is a source of antioxidants that not only can be obtained when consumed but also can provide topical benefits when used as a coffee mask for pregnant women. Here are some benefits that can be obtained:
- Anti-aging: Helps reduce the appearance of black spots due to the sun, redness, and fine lines that can even reduce the effects of photoaging.
- Prevent skin cancer: Source of vitamin B3 with trigon Elin compounds that can help prevent skin cancer.
- Overcoming acne: Regular use of coffee masks can overcome harmful bacteria because of their anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties to fight acne.
- Overcoming dark circles: The content of caffeine in coffee is effective for overcoming dark circles under the eyes.
- Whiten: Coffee masks can provide protection after being exposed to sunlight so that the face looks brighter.
How to Use A Coffee Mask for Pregnant Women
To use a coffee mask for pregnant women can be done in several ways, namely adding other natural ingredients to be more effective for facial care.
- Coffee Masks and Coconut Oil for Luminous Skin
Coffee is an antioxidant that can increase circulation while overcoming skin damage caused by UV light. Coconut oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that can protect the face from extraneous pollutants while moisturizing because of the content of lauric acid which is saturated fat to repair and rejuvenate.
- Make a paste from a mixture of ground coffee and coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture to the face and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and remove the remaining paste with a tissue.
- Use this mask 2 to 3 times a week.
- Coffee Masks and Olive Oil for Dry Skin
Olive oil is known for its deeply moisturizing properties. The content of vitamins A, D, K and E are very important for skin health such as how to erase acne scars. Vitamin A can strengthen collagen and increase skin elasticity. Vitamin D is useful for cell repair and metabolism while vitamin K is useful for overcoming signs of stretching or spider vein, and vitamin E can smooth out fine lines on the face, Coffee is useful for shrinking blood vessels so that it can overcome the swelling of the face due to toxins.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of instant coffee with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and apply to the face to get rid of dry skin.
- Leave for 5 to 10 minutes then massage the ox in a circular motion upwards then rinse with warm water.
- Coffee and Lemon Masks for Oily Skin
Excess oil produced by the sebaceous glands can attract free radicals which then clog the pores whereas lemons contain vitamin C which can increase skin elasticity, reduce excess oil production, brighten the face, and eliminate freckles.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ground coffee with enough lemon juice to form a paste mixture.
- Apply to face and neck then leave for 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Coffee Masks and Cinnamon for Acne
The main component in this mask, which is cinnamon, contains cinnamaldehyde and proanthocyanidins which are responsible for preventing blockage of inflammatory pores due to microbes. Cinnamon is also useful for inhibiting nitric oxide from the cause of swelling, the cause of black spots, and inflammation of the zits while at the same time drying pimples.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ground coffee with coconut oil to taste and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Apply this paste to the face and leave 10 to 15 minutes then rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Coffee and Milk Masks to Brighten the Skin
Milk can be used in conjunction with a coffee mask to cleanse the skin from the inside and make it brighter as well as stain free, get rid of black spots on the face, and moisturize and maintain the elasticity of the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of coffee powder with pure milk to taste to form a paste mixture.
- Apply to face then let it stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Before rinsing, slightly wet the mask and massage the face for 2 minutes to remove dead skin cells.
- Coffee Masks, Yogurt, and Turmeric
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe the skin. Curcumin compounds in turmeric are responsible for the color of the skin so that they can overcome the stain, the cause of the striped face, and black spots on the face. Lactic acid contained in yogurt can fight skin blocking bacteria while cleaning it.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ground coffee and 1 tablespoon of turmeric and yogurt to make pasta.
- Apply to face and leave for 20 minutes then massage the paste for 1 to 2 minutes before rinsing.
- Use this paste 2 to 3 times a week.
- Coffee Mask and Egg Yolk for Tightening
In addition to coffee masks and egg whites, egg yolks also contain high lutein which can maintain the skin’s natural moisture and skin elasticity. While lemon is useful to strengthen collagen so that the skin can look tight.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ground coffee, 1 egg yolk, and a ½ tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture to the face and neck using an applicator brush then let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Do it 2 to 3 days a week to get wrinkle-free skin and more glow.
- Coffee and Honey Mask for Moisturizing
Honey is a humectant that can help keep skin moist. In addition, honey can also provide a bright skin effect so it is suitable to be combined in a coffee mask to overcome the causes of dull faces.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ground coffee with 1 tablespoon of organic raw honey and apply to face.
- Let it stand for 20 minutes then give a light massage for 2 minutes before rinsing.
- Coffee Masks, Yogurt, and Oats for Tightening
Yogurt contains lactic acid which can fight bacteria in the pores of the skin. Because yogurt is fermented milk and is nitrate, it can increase skin elasticity, overcome the causes of dull and dry face, strengthen collagen, and fight signs of aging. Oats function for exfoliates and provide several important nutrients for facial skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ground coffee with 1 tablespoon of fine oats and enough yogurt to form a paste.
- Apply this mask to the face that has been cleaned and repeated twice a week.
Coffee masks for pregnant women have been ascertained safe because they can lift dead skin cells, brighten, and overcome various problems in the skin of the face without causing harmful side effects.