Is Sunscreen Safe For Sensitive Skin?
When we start talking about sensitive skin, What’s on your mind? Any first thought? An extra treatment for sensitive skin? A body full of clogged pores, isn’t it? Absolutely right.
Sensitive skin may be treated an extra treatment yet an extra effort to get a better skin. Now, let’s talk about sunscreen. What benefit does sunscreen provide? Maybe some of you are clueless, we let you to know more about whether Sunscreen Safe For Sensitive Skin or not? Lets jump right in to know the answer.
What is sensitive skin? Get to know more!
Sensitive skin refers to a range of condition, from eczema to severe allergies. Sensitive skin may lead you to the extra effort of treatment. Many skincare offer you an extra treatment for a sensitive skin too.
Before we go to far, there are some signs that indicate you have a sensitive skin, here they are :
- Flushes easily
- Each beauty product that you wear will sting or burn your skin
- Patchy skin even if you had done wearing sensitive skin product
- Your skin feels itchy even you don’t apply anything on your skin
- Clogged pores may appear easily on your skin
- Break out
- Broken capillaries
- Your skin react to the weather, for instance in summer you burnt over your skin or reddish skin in winter
- You are sensitive to UV Rays, your skin will turn red when they expose to the sun rays
- Your prone will rash and bump easily
From all of those sensitive skin sign above, which one fit your condition? If it’s one of your problem, let’s move on futher.
What does Sunscreen contain?
Sunscreen are products that contained several ingredient to help you taking care of your skin from Ultra Violet (UV) radiant. There are 2 types of UV, such as :
- UVA is a sun rays that penetrate onto your skin deeper than you thought
- UVB is a chief culprit sunburn on it.
Both UVA and UVB are dangerous for our skin. So, we have to protect our skin form both UVA and UVB rays with the right products too. Have you checked your hand and body lotion product? Do they contain Anti UV rays? Let’s check it thoroughly! Take your product and read the materials that it contains. If it does not contain any anti UV rays, you have to change your product right away after you read this article.
What is SPF on Sunscreen product?
SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor which has an excellent job in protecting your skin from UVB. There are some kind of SPF product that available in the market, which classified into :
- SPF 15 filter protecting your skin about 93% from UVB Rays
- SPF 30 filter protecting your skin about 97% from UVB Rays
- SPF 50 filter protecting your skin about 98% from UVB Rays
From the classification above, no thing such as 100% product that can protect you from UV Rays completely and safely. Product that can protect you almost 90% from sun rays has been considered good enough to be used.
So Is Sunscreen Truly Safe For Sensitive Skin?
Right after we had done explaining to you both sensitive skin type and sunscreen products, they do have connection. Sensitive skin may be affected by UV rays. How to avoid sensitive skin? Applying sunscreen before outdoor activity might be the best solution for now.
Overall, sunscreen is absolutely safe for your sensitive skin. If your sensitive skin happens because of UV Rays, it will get better if you wear sunscreen on your whole skin. It may avoid you from both UV rays and sensitive skin.
Find products that have a dual function for your skin. We had done mentioning some product that can heal your sensitive skin. Let’s scroll more.
Recommended product to use
We had some products that are recommended for your sensitive skin. Here they are :
- Vanicream Sunscreen For Sensitive Skin SPF 40
- CeraVe Face Lotion SPF 50
- Elta MD UV Physical Broad Spectrum SPF 41 Sunscreen
- Badger SPF 30 Unscented Sunscreen Cream
- La-Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Tinted Mineral Ultra Fluid Sunscreen
Natural product that will be good for you too
Here are some natural products that can be useful for your sensitive skin and protect you from UV Rays, such as :
- Coconut Oil is multifunction so you can use this to your whole skin.
- Aloe Vera extract is healing and cooling down your burnt skin.
- Olive Oil will be good too.
- Shea Butter contain plenty vitamins needed by your sensitive skin
- Beeswax extract
See Also 14 Habits That Are Bad for Your Skin
These natural product we mention above are the best for both healing your sensitive skin and also protecting you from UV Rays that can cause a big damage on your skin.
Natural product may contained more ingredient that help your skin to heal, but it takes a longer time than fabric product do. Both fabric and natural had the right ingredient for your skin. It depends on you, which one do you prefer the most for your sensitive skin? Fabric product or Natural product?
We had done explaining to you more about sunscreen and your sensitive skin. Now you have the answer for best product to wear, and signs of sensitive skin. Hope this article will help you. Spread this information to all your friends that suffer because of sensitive skin! Have a nice day!