Is It Safe to Use Hair Relaxer During Pregnancy?
Pregnancy women will always do all the things for the best, both her and her baby in her tummy. For a reason of being pretty, some Pregnant ladies would take an action on her salon. This could be haircut, cream bath,rebonding,curling,hairspa, and others.
Hair relaxer is an option to have a beautiful hair for pregnant ladies. Hair relaxer is invented by Garett Augustus Morgan Sr. Well they are have two types of hair relaxers which are :
- LYE-RELAXERS is often uses in salon. Lye relaxer content 2-3.5 percent of Sodium Hydroxyde
- NON-LYE RELAXERS is contain calcium hydroxide cream and guanidine carbonate that can uses for home.
Hair relaxer is uses for straighten your hair or curling your hair. Change your hair from curly, to straight, and from straight to curly. It is a cream that could make your hair easiest to manage. Also read https://medicpole.com/how-to-use-noni-fruit-for-boosting-hair-growth
This cream is different with rebonding cream. Hair relaxer is more about Straighten your curly, and you should have this hair relaxer for every 6-8 week after the first hair relaxer. But what about pregnancy ladies used this hair relaxer? It is a right choice or bad choice ? is it Hair relaxer safe during pregnancy? lets check it out.
Hair relaxer is uses for straighten your hair or curling your hair. Change your hair from curly, to straight, and from straight to curly. It is a cream that could make your hair easiest to manage. This cream is different with rebonding cream. Hair relaxer is more about Straighten your curly, and you should have this hair relaxer for every 6-8 week after the first hair relaxer. But what about pregnancy ladies used this hair relaxer? It is a right choice or bad choice ? is it Hair relaxer safe during pregnancy? lets check it out.
1. Chemical Content of Hair Relaxer
Hair relaxer is a bunch of chemical content on it. Hair relaxer uses is not for a long time period too. Lets know more about the chemical content of hair relaxer. Here they are.
- Sodium Hydroxyde is dangerous chemical that content on most of all hair relaxer. Ph factor that contain on it is start from 10 to 14, while normally pH factor for human only 4.5 .This chemical could damage your hormone and disruption it approximately. [Adsense-A]
- Noxius Fume is a chemical that influence the strong smell on hair relaxer cream. The strong smell could causes dizziness,nausea,headaches, and especially for women that suffer from morning sickness. This could be so dangerous for you.
2. Side effect of Hair Relaxer
Hair relaxer also have side effect too. Whether curling or straighten your hair, Hair relaxer that contain chemicals can damage your body. For the women that still have less than 3 months old of pregnant, it is too dangerous. Read more https://medicpole.com/reasons-why-your-hair-keep-falling-out
Not only can it cause dizziness and morning sickness but also another fatal side effect which is hormonal change. It could damage your hormone so much. So be careful if you are using hair relaxer.
Your volume of blood increases during pregancy, it happens because you feed your baby. Your body did this to nourish the baby on your tummy. But, if the hair relaxer touch your scalp, which mean your head, it can cause skin irritation, scalp irritasion and also headache.
3. Alternative way
These some tips for you that need hair relaxer during pregnancy, hope this could help you. Also read https://medicpole.com/side-effects-of-soursop-leaves
- Go get yourself pampers by professional one, it can be done as good as they professional. Professsional hairdresser would not dissapointed you anymore.
- Use base cream or Petroleum jelly for protect your scalp skin from the damage of hair relaxer’s chemical.
- If you do it at your own home, make sure that you are using plastic to cover yor hands and you are in a ventilated room.
The conclusion is YES, IT IS SAFE FOR A PREGNANCY. But you have a make note from this statement. As long as you ca avoiding do hair relaxer, this is good. Forbidden things to do hair relaxer is , don’t do it for the first trimester, because this first trimester is a sensitive time during pregnancy. Anything could happen on this first trimester. Make sure you do it after the first trimester. Hope this article could make you add your knowledge.