10 Dangers of Coconut Milk for Body Health That You Didn’t Know
Coconut milk is a common ingredient in Indonesia. The coconut milk is derived from grated coconut. This material contains many nutrients for the health of the body. But there is a danger of eating foods containing coconut milk. Coconut milk contains a lot of saturated fat.
Even more saturated fat content than cooking oil. Before discussing about the dangers of coconut milk, let’s know the nutritional content in coconut milk.
Nutrient in Coconut Milk
- Calories. Uncooked coconut milk has a high calorie. Calories contained about 120 calories per tablespoon. Therefore, consuming one tablespoon of coconut milk is enough to our daily caloric needs.
- Mineral. Uncooked coconut milk has a fairly complete mineral content including potassium, iron, copper, phosphorus, sodium. However, when exposed to high temperatures for hours, the mineral substances can be reduced.
- Lauric Acid. Coconut milk has a lauric acid that is useful to accelerate the healing process due to inflammation and infection. Lauric Acid can act as antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Anti virus, Anti microorganism, Antibiotic natural, Anti fungus and anti chronic infection.
- Protein. Proteins in coconut milk have several substances such as alanine, serene, arginine, and tistin compounds. These substances are very good for the health of new cells. Such as nail growth, Hair or skin.
- Sugar. Coconut milk contained sugar that is not too high. That is about 2 percent only, which consists of glucose and fructose. Wheat cooked with other sugars, will be dangerous. Santan that already contains sugar will form cholesterol when cooked with other sugars such as sugar cane and artificial sugar.
- Fat. Fat in the coconut milk has several types including monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, omega 3, omega 6 and saturated fat.
- Vitamin. Coconut milk consists of Vitamins B, C, D and E. All of these vitamins will be more useful if balanced with other nutrient intake from foods that do not contain coconut milk.
Behind the content of coconut milk is a lot of nutrients, coconut milk is a substance that contains harmful. Coconut milk can be a dangerous food for all ages. Here are some things that are harmful from coconut milk if you consume it incorrectly. See also Foods Contains High Zinc
The Dangerous of Foods That Contains Coconut Milk
Here are the dangers of coconut milk for body health:
1. Heart disorders
Coconut milk becomes dangerous if cooked in high temperature for too long or repeated warming. Coconut milk is compacted and increased amount of fat then slowly turns into Lower Density Lipopokers / LD.
The dangers of food containing coconut milk can cause a buildup of trans fats in the body that have great potential to irritate the heart. This can inhibit the flow of arterial blood of the heart and cause fat deposits in the heart valve area. You may also read Causes of Heart Rhythm Disorders
2. Bone loss
Coconuts milk that are consumed daily in excessive doses can disrupt the balance of bone formation. Coconut milk contains cholesterol as much as 100 mg per 100 gr. If the coconut milk is heated for too long, there will be an increase in cholesterol therein.
If cholesterol enters the body, it can damage bone and inhibit bone density. This can trigger the condition of the bone lining wall becomes easily cracked and porous.
3. Stomach acid rises
At the time of fasting, the stomach is empty. Avoid foods containing coconut milk to break the fast. It turns out that coconut milk consumed before other foods can increase stomach acid. This will cause the stomach ill, especially for those who have mag disease.
Coconut milk can cause allergic reactions in the form of itchy throat and cough. This is common in children. Coconut milk can also aggravate the condition of people who have strep throat due to cough. You may also read Home Remedies for Food Allergies
There are some dangers of coconut milk for body health that you don’t know. High fiber content in coconut milk can cause excessive gas. It also triggers the emphasis on the drain so that the process of thickening and hardening of the stools is difficult. This condition causes abdominal pain, nausea, and diarrhea. You may also read Causes of Increased Gastric Acid
Coconut milk contains cholesterol and saturated fat that easily settles or accumulates in the bloodstream and arteries. If the accumulation is not balanced with enough mineral and body fluids then it will cause a blockage. This blockage causes mild stroke. The danger of food containing coconut milk most commonly affects the elderly is the type of severe stroke. Read also How to Speak After Stroke
The dangers of foods that contains coconut milk, it can stimulate the increase of triglyceride levels which can later clog the arteries and blood vessels. This condition accelerates the rise in blood pressure in young people between the ages of 20 to 30 years.
If you have oily skin, you better avoid coconut milk. Coconut milk can increase natural oils under the skin. If your skin is saturated with saturated fat, it can clog pores and trigger acne breakouts. You may also read How to Eliminate Acne with Honey
Coconut milk cooked with soto, kolak, and vegetable lodeh actually increase the fat content. Moreover, if added sugar in cooking, then the glucose content is increased. Coconut milk contains about 2.1 grams of sugar. If the coconut milk is heated, then the sugar can turn into cholesterol that is harmful to the body. As we know that cholesterol can trigger obesity. You may also read Benefits of Drinking Olive Oil Every Day
10. Damage to bile organ
The gallbladder is useful for the absorption of fat in the body. When too much fatty coconut milk enters the body there will be cholesterol buildup and cause gallstones. The gallbladder has failed to stabilize the level of balanced fat in the body. The formation of gallstones can cause thickening of the surface of the gall wall. If the bile does not work, then the body will not be able to avoid the poison.
Meanwhile, that’s all some dangers of coconut milk for body health that you don’t know.