20 Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath with Home Remedies
Bad breath or halitosis can be an obstacle to mingle. It is embarrassing to hear someone told you that you have bad breath. It would lower your self-confidence and–of course, it would affect your social life. However, you can get rid of bad breath with home remedies. Before go down to those helpful items, let’s find out common causes of halitosis.
Causes of Bad Breath
- Poor dental habits
- Food and beverages (garlic, onion, liquor, etc.)
- Crash diet (low carbohydrate diet,
- Xerostomia/dry mouth
- gum disease
- Too much coffee consumption
- Tooth decay
Get rid of bad breath with home remedies not only an affordable option but also efficient way since the items are easy to find near you. Here are several natural ways to get rid of bad breath with home remedies that almost as good and easy as Fastest Ways to Heal Dry Cracked Hands with Home Remedies:
1. Baking soda
Baking soda is sufficient to get rid of bad breath. It contains acid which can fight the bacteria come from the food and drinks. You can either:
- Brush your teeth with this natural agent
- Mix a spoon or two of baking soda with a cup of warm water.
- Use it to rinse at least two times a day to get the best result, or
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and swish them to your mouth for about two minutes.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains an enzyme that can kill pathogen and any bacteria that causes halitosis. You can use it standalone as a remedy or mix it with baking soda; depending on your preference.
When using it standalone:
- Add one spoon of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water. Stir it and drink before eating.
- Use it as a mouth rinse by mixing it with a cup of water twice a day.
- When using it with baking soda just do the process aforementioned. The combination will make your breath fresher, and it has a whitening effect on your teeth.
Salt has a substance that able to fade away the bad odor in your mouth. It also can whiten the teeth, clean the teeth, and keeps the gum healthier.
- Prepare a half tablespoon of salt
- Stir it with a glass of warm water.
- Use it as mouth rinse two to three times a day.
Fennel consist of antimicrobial agent that can combat bacteria in the mouth. It stimulates saliva production which is beneficial to control the bad breath.
- Take a tablespoon of fennel.
- Chew it to make the breath fresher, or
- Make a tea by adding one or two teaspoons of fennel seeds into a cup of hot water.
- Let it warm for about ten minutes
- Drink it two times a day.
To get rid of bad breath using home remedies, you can also use cinnamon.
- Boil one teaspoon of cinnamon powder with a glass of water.
- Add some bay leaves (optional).
- After straining the solution, use it as a mouth rinse to refresh your breath.
It is familiar for centuries to help combat the accumulate bacteria in the mouth from the environment. You can do as follow:
- Chew some pieces of cloves. It would eliminate lousy breath within minutes.
- Make a tea by boiling seven to ten pieces of cloves.
- Simmer five to ten minutes.
- Drink it or use it as mouthwash couple times a day.
Lemon has acidic substance to prevent the growth of bacteria in your mouth. It also helps to reduce the bad breath. Squeeze one or two lemons and use the juice to rinse your mouth. Indeed, lemon slice is also the Ways on How to Treat a Black Eye with Home Remedies
Chlorophyll in parsley can help neutralize halitosis. Just chew fresh parsley sprig;
- Dip it in vinegar and then eat it thoroughly, or
- Serve it as juice.
9. Sage leaves
The antioxidant polyphenols present in sage tea can stop the growth of bacteria causes halitosis.
- Just boil a cup of water with three to four sage leaves.
- Drink it twice a day.
- That’s one of the natural ways to get rid of bad breath with home remedies.
10. Coconut oil
Coconut oil has many benefits including its power to reduce the swollen gum which causes the bad breath. It can also whiten your teeth
- Take two to three spoons of coconut oil.
- Gargle for about two to four minutes.
Also check out about 7 Ways on How to Get Rid of Acne with Banana Peel
Guava is known as one of the Vitamin C-richest fruits. Guava loaded with oxalate, malic acid, and tannin, it will help to treat bleeding and gum disease which cause the bad smell of mouth.
Just eat the unripe guava, or you can slide and spread some salt or pepper powder to make them more delicious.
Cardamom acts as an aromatic freshener and reduces bad breath. By its fragrance the odor comes from the mouth would fade.
Just chew the whole pod or peel it and consume the seed.
13. Green tea
In particular, green tea works to stop bad breath by inhibiting bacteria growth. Green tea (also black tea) contain polyphenols act as an antioxidant. It protects human cells from damage as well as decreasing bacteria growth by over 30%. All you have to do are:
- Boil a tea bag into a glass of water.
- Let it warmer before you drink it.
- To add taste, add two spoons of honey.
Gum helps to increase saliva production which acts to wash away plaque and food particles. Saliva also neutralizes acids and sugars, two items that have a contribution in the presence of halitosis. Gum available in many variant and flavors. You should choose the sugar-free with peppermint one. Just chew the gum and feel the freshness.
- Ginger helps to eliminate the bad odor.
- Grate the ginger and make it like tea.
- Drink the ginger tea.
16. Mixture of yogurt and baking soda
The good bacteria in yogurt will restore the balance in the natural flora of your oral cavity.
- Make a paste of these two ingredients.
- Apply to your teeth.
- Leave it 5-7 minutes and rinse your mouth.
17. Sesame oil
Like coconut oil, sesame oil thoroughly cleanses your mouth. It also improves your dental health and whitens your teeth.
Gargle with sesame oil and rinse your mouth after 3-4 minutes.
Just mix calendula and sage in equal proportions and clean with the mixture four times a day.
Thyme is a smelled sharp-shrub which can reduce the odor.
- Add a tablespoon of dried thyme into a cup of water.
- Boil it, and you can add a half teaspoon of salt and use it to swish.
Strawberry can reduce and prevent you from tooth decay which causes bad breath.
Just consume the fruit right away or rub it to your teeth.
How to Prevent Bad Breath
- Brush your teeth as well as the tongue (many bacteria lie on the surface of the tongue).
- Do floss regularly
- Go easy on garlic or other food with a strong aroma.
- Stop smoking.
- Say no to cheese
- Rinse with mouthwash
- Pop some mints
- Avoid harsh diet
- Drink a lot of water
- Eat high-fiber food
- Cut of the consumption of alcohol.
Meanwhile, breath smell is one of important key to make us feel comfortable. Also, there are many natural ways to get rid of bad breath with home remedies.
Also read: 13 Ways How to Treat Bulimia Side Effects