10 Ways on How to Overcome Eyelash Loss
Eyelashes not only serve as a protector of the eye, but also to beautify the eyes. Long, thick and curved eyelashes are the wishes of most women. However, chances are there is a time when the lashes are falling out.
Even though there are many myths associated with the loss of eyelashes, unfortunately most of these myths have no explanation that can be justified.
Just like hair loss, eyelash loss also needs to be a concern. Anyway, it’s good for you to learn how to stop hair fall immediately with home remedies.
There are several common causes why your eyelashes fall out. Among them are :
- Chemical Allergy: For some people, some chemicals in mascara can cause allergies that eventually affect their eyelashes to fall out.
- Trichotillomania Tangle: A psychological condition in which the sufferer has an urge to pull his/her own hair, usually from the head, eyebrows or eyelashes. This habit often begins from childhood or adolescence.
- Alopecia Areata: Abnormalities in the immune system that result in hair loss, in this case including eyebrows, eyelashes and beard. Speaking of which, it may be useful if you know how to prevent shrinkage on natural hair.
- Blepharitis: A condition of swollen eyelid due to infection resulting in loss of eyelashes.
- Thyroid Problems: Disorders of the thyroid gland can cause eyelash loss, either overactive thyroid gland or underactive thyroid gland.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy has been widely known to have various side effects, one of which is hair loss.
- Natural Loss: Eyelashes can also fall out naturally and then grow back healthy.
There are simple ways on how to overcome eyelash loss that you can practice yourself at home. Let’s review them one by one.
1. Never Use Expired Cosmetic Products
Sometimes women do not pay much attention to the expiration date of their cosmetics. Expired cosmetics certainly have many adverse effects on the skin, such as skin irritation. Likewise with the use of expired eye makeup, this can trigger an eyelash loss. Therefore always check the expiration date of your cosmetic products. If it has passed the expiration date, immediately get rid of it. Do not hesitate or feel pity to throw it away.
2. Choose Your Eye Makeup Wisely
It’s good for you to consult your condition to a beauty doctor before choosing eye makeup. Choose eye makeup that contains growth agents such as proteins and vitamins. You should also make sure your preferred product has passed safety test from FDA. If you show symptoms of allergies, replace it immediately.
3. Clean Your Face at Night
Always clean your makeup before bed, especially makeup in the eyes. Clean gently with a face cleanser product. Do not rub your eyes roughly. Make sure no more makeup left in the face and eye area.
The use of makeup will make the skin tired. Removing makeup before going to bed will give your face, including eyebrows and eyelashes, a chance to breathe and rejuvenate. Thus your eyelashes can recover and not easily fall out.
4. Use Almond Oil
Almond oil has long been used to grow eyelashes longer and thicker. Almond oil is rich in mineral elements and vitamins, such as vitamins A, B, E and F. It also contains various nutrients and protein. All of these ingredients help the growth of the lashes safely. Therefore almond oil is widely regarded as an effective natural product. Here’s how to apply almond oil to eyelashes.
- Clean your face from makeup
- Warm the almond oil gently by placing it under running warm water
- Take a clean brush for eyelashes
- Use the brush to apply the almond oil to the lashes
- Do it gently and then leave the lashes for 15 minutes
- Do not let the lashes contact with water, at least for 1 hour
5. Use Coconut Milk
Coconut milk has been used for generations in tropical countries to help eyelashes grow longer and thicker. This is because coconut milk is rich in protein and fat that can nourish the lashes. Coconut milk not only strengthens the lashes, but also makes the lashes shine. Use it as follows.
- Take a cup of coconut milk and two cotton pads
- Dip the cotton into coconut milk
- Squeeze the cotton to remove excess milk
- Close your eyes and place the cotton on the eyelid for 15 minutes
- Take the cotton and rinse your eyes with cold water
6. Use Green Tea
Green tea is not only beneficial to increase metabolism and fight cancer, but also good for eyelashes. The content of caffeine and flavonoids in green tea can maintain the health of the eyelashes as well as stimulate its growth. It is quite easy to take advantage of green tea. Brew green tea as necessary, and then let it cool. Dip the cotton ball into the green tea and apply it to the lashes gently. You do not need to rinse it.
7. Use Olive Oil
Olive oil comes from the fruit of Olea europaea (olive tree), a tree that thrives in the Mediterranean region. Olive oil is rich in vitamins and nutrients, which are needed for healthy hair growth.
That’s why olive oil has a wonderful effect on hair. Olive oil stimulates hair growth and makes hair softer as well. Inarguably, olive oil is one of foods to eat for healthy hair. Just as olive oil helps hair grow, it also stimulates eyelash to grow, making it thicker and fuller. It is easy to use it.
Put a few drops of olive oil into the cotton ball, and then apply it to the lashes gently. Leave it for 10 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. Do it regularly, at least for 4 weeks.
8. Use Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is rich in vitamin E, which is necessary for healthy hair growth. Therefore, Aloe Vera can nourish the lashes, making it longer, thick and stronger. You just simply apply Aloe Vera gel to the lashes gently before bed. The next morning you can rinse it off.
9. Use Egg White
This is the least expensive way on how to overcome eyelash loss. Egg contains biotin and vitamin B which are important for eyelash growth. Use it as follows.
- Crack the egg and grab the white
- Add a teaspoon of Vaseline tea, but do not shake
- Dip the Vaseline into the egg white
- Take a small amount of the Vaseline with your finger
- Apply gently to the lashes
- Leave it overnight
- Rinse it off the next morning
In additon to eyelash nourisher, you need to know how to use egg white for acne treatment.
10. Use Pure Milk
Pure milk is rich in vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for eyelash growth. You simply apply pure milk to the lashes. Leave it for 10 minutes, then rinse with water. Do it for a week.
Well, you have learned various ways on how to overcome eyelash loss. Because of its simplicity, you can try it right now. Hopefully you will get the beautiful lashes you wish for.