12 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Fungal Infections #Works
It is hard to avoid fungal infections because fungi live throughout our environment in air, water and soil. Most fungi are not harmful to your health, but others can be dangerous and difficult to treat. Some fungi also live naturally in our bodies, but if these fungi grow too quickly you may get a yeast infection. Because fungi outside your body reproduce by creating airborne spores, most fungal infections affect the skin or lungs.
Some symptoms cause by fungal infection can be very disturbing. There are some common causes of fungal infection are:
- Tight clothes
- Wearing the same clothes with others
- Using the same bar soap and towel
- Infected by someone who has fungal infection
- Consuming antibiotic that kills good bacteria in body
How to Treat Fungal Infection
After knowing the causes of fungal infections, it is time to know how to treat it in case it happens. Given below are some natural ways to get rid of fungal infections with home remedies.
- Yoghurt Treatment
Fresh natural yogurt has a lot of lactobacillus which is the strong anti-fungal that can kill of fungi. Yoghurt being a food that can multiply the good bacteria in body and remove the bad ones.
- Soak a cotton ball in the plain yogurt, apply it over your affected area
- Wait for 30 minutes and wash it off with warm water, then pat dry.
- Apply the method twice per day till the infection disappears.
You may also read about How to Heal Your Skin after Sunburn
- Garclic Treatment
Garlic with its natural anti-fungal and antibacterial properties can be used on the area infected by fungus.
- Take 2 garlic cloves to crush and add several drops of olive oil into to create a good paste.
- Apply the paste over your infected area and wait for 30 minutes.
- Wash your affected areas with tepid water and pat dry your skin thoroughly.
- Apply this treatment twice per day till you cure the infection.
You may also read about Best Way to Get Rid of Warts on Hands at Home
- Tea Tree Oil Treatment
Tea tree oil has natural antifungal compounds that help kill the fungi that cause fungal infections. Plus, its antiseptic qualities inhibit the spread of the infection to other body parts.
- Soak a cotton ball with tea tree oil and apply it over affected area.
- Leave it for 10 minutes then rinse with water.
- Coconut Oil Treatment
Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties that can help in preventing spread of fungal infections.
- Soak cotton ball with extra-virgin coconut oil and apply over infected area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat regularly until infection is gone.
You may also read about Best Ways to Get Rid of a Foot Blister with Home Remedies
- Ginger Treatment
Ginger can cure fungal infection easily and also help in controlling the spread of the infections.
- Chop ginger into small pieces and boil it with water.
- Cook on a slow flame for 20 minutes.
- Apply the liquid on affected skin areas with fungal infection.
- Use cotton for applying the ginger liquid on the skin
- Cranberries Treatment
Cranberries are very effective in killing fungi which causes yeast infection. It reduces the growth of fungi and prevent any future breakouts.
- Take 1/2 cup of fresh cranberries and blend it to make smoothie.
- Drink this twice a day to cure vaginal yeast infection.
- Alternatively, you can buy some cranberry tablets and eat them before bed.
- Repeat until yeast infection goes away.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment
Apple cider vinegar helps kill the fungus causing the infection. Plus, its mild acidic nature helps prevent the infection from spreading and promotes speedy recovery.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water.
- Apply it externally on the affected skin.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- You can even soak the infected skin area in this solution for 30 minutes.
- When done, pat dry the area thoroughly with a towel or dryer.
You may also read about Ways to Get Rid of Itchy Bug Bites
- Tea Treatment
You can make use of black tea, oolong teas, or green tea because they have antioxidant compounds named catechins which are associated with the anti-fungal use. Using tea can help get rid of symptoms of an fungal infection, such as swelling, sensation, and skin irritation.
- Soak several tea bags in warm water for 10 minute.
- Remove and put them in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Apply the cold tea bags on the infected areas.
- Repeat this treatment thrice per day till the problem disappears.
- Calendula Treatment
Calendula, or the Spanish marigold, contains potent anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
- Take handful of calendula leaves and crush them to make paste.
- Apply this paste directly over your affected skin area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes then rinse with clean water.
Thus, this one of the best natural ways to get rid of fungal infections you can try.
- Licorice Powder Treatment
Licorice root is a powerful antifungal and contains several different chemicals that disrupt fungus. Consequent to its phytochemical makeup, licorice root is a great herbal remedy for fungal infections.
- Add 6 teaspoons of powdered licorice to 1 cup of boiling water
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain and then allow to cool.
- Use a cotton ball and apply to the infected area three times a day.
- Aloe Vera Treatment
Aloe vera can significantly inhibit the ability of fungi to spread. The green skin along with clear gel of aloe vera contains an array of amino acids, enzymes, and trace elements providing antiseptic, astringent, and anti-inflammatory properties. Apply aloe vera gel to external Candida infections, such as diaper rash or male yeast infections. Aloe vera gel is generally safe when applied topically. You may also read about How to Treat Cancer with Aloe Vera
- Chamomile Treatment
Chamomile has been shown as effective as 0.25% hydrocortisone cream for treating skin illnesses. In chamomile, there are some efficacious anti-fungal compounds which give this herb the ability to kill off yeast infections.
- Take a few scoops of dried chamomile, boil it in 3-4 cups of water
- Strain it and drink it a few times per day to help allay intestinal yeast infections.
Meanwhile, you can try those natural way to get rid of fungal infections, but if it doesn’t work, please visit your doctor for further medical treatments.
How To Prevent Gum Infection
There are some ways to prevent fungal infections, there are:
- Do not sharing your personal gears such as hats, combs, brushes, or other objects, especially when fungus infections are present.
- Avoid contact with bacteria and organism.
- Wearing flip-flops or shoes in locker rooms, public showers, and around swimming pools can help reduce contact with athlete’s foot fungus.
- Wear clean outfits and maintain your body cleans.
- Avoid fungus growth.
You can apply moisture and humidity on the skin by drying it thoroughly and by changing sweaty clothes and socks. Cleaning or discarding infected objects and garments also helps prevent recurrences.