26 Home Remedies for Getting Rid of Dark Armpits #1 Works
Wearing tank top or you-can-see T-shirt and not feeling confident with your dark armpits?It must be embarrassing to have dark armpits. There are so many medical treatments to getting rid of dark armpits and lightening your dark armpits, but they might not be as effective as you expect. Cost, complicated process and safety could be your consideration for taking medical treatment.
What Causes Dark Armpits?
Dark armpits is not a disease or medical condition you have to be afraid of. However, it would surely affect your appearance.
Here are the causes of dark armpits:
- Use of cream for removing hair
- Too much sweating
- Accumulation of dead skin cells
- Use of alcohol-based deodorants
Home Remedies for Getting Rid of Dark Armpits
There are some home remedies you can do for getting rid of dark armpits. They are cheap, practical, easy, cheap and safe for sure.
Potatoes are good and effective for getting rid of dark armpits. It has acidic property which job is as natural bleaching agent. Moreover, it does not have any harmful effects, such as irritation.
- Rub a thin slice of potato on your armpit. Leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it with water.
- Another way is grating the potato and extract the juice.
- Rub and apply the juice to your armpits.
- Let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
For better result, you can do this method two times a day.
This fruit has natural bleaching property that will help you for getting rid of dark armpits. It could lighten discolored skin.
- Rub a thin slice of cucumber on your armpits for 10-15 minutes. Wash using warm water.
- Grate cucumbers and apply the juice to your armpits. Let it dry for 10-15 minutes. Wash using warm water.
- Extract juice from cucumbers. Mix it with turmeric powder and lemon juice. Rub it to your armpits and leave it around 30 minutes. Wash it off with warm water.
Indeed, there is also natural ways on How to Treat Infected Belly Button Piercing at Home.
This well-known fruit is also beneficial for getting rid of dark armpits. It is one of the fruits that has natural bleaching power, anti-septic and anti-bacterial agent.
- Cut the lemon into wedges shape. Rub the lemon wedge to your armpits. If you want to have better exfoliation effect, you can add some sugar to the lemon wedge and rub it to your armpits. Do it 2-3 times a week.
- Mix turmeric powder, honey and plain yogurt in the lemon juice. Rub it on your armpits. Let it dry for 10 minutes. You can repeat doing this 3-4 times a week.
Caution: Lemon might dry out your skin, so make sure you apply some moisturizer on your armpits once you have finished rubbing the lemons.
You may also need to read How to Treat Cancer with Turmeric #Proven Home Remedy.
4. Baking soda
Baking soda is not only advantageous for baking cookies or cakes. Baking soda is beneficial for getting rid of dark armpits. Besides, it also helps to unclog skin pores.
- Mix baking soda with water until it forms a paste.
- Use it for scrubbing your armpits. Then, wash it off and pat it. You can use it 2-4 times a week until you get the result you desired.
Check more natural methods on How to Cure Chapped Lips in 5 Minutes with Home Remedies
5. Orange peel
If you like eating orange, don’t throw the peel because you might need this for getting rid of dark armpits. It has the ability to lighten and exfoliate skin.
- Dry the orange peels under the sun for several days.
- Grind the peels into powder.
- Mix with rose water and milk until you get a paste.
- Scrub it on your armpits. Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it using warm water.
Do it 2-3 times a week to get better result. Check more natural methods on 25 Natural Homemade Ways to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
6. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is rich in vitamin E that is useful for lighten dark armpits. It is also trusted as natural deodorant.
- Apply the coconut oil on your armpits and massage it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it using warm water.
Do it 2-3 times.
You may also need to read 15 Ways on How to Treat a Black Eye with Home Remedies
This drink is very useful for getting rid of dark armpits. It also helps to neutralize the odor of your armpits.
- Put two tablespoons of yogurt in a bowl and mix it with one tablespoon of honey. Apply it to your armpits and leave it until it is dry. Rinse with cold water.
It is rich in lactic acid that will help to remove the bacteria and germs from your armpit.
- Mix the curd and milk until you get a paste.
- Apply the paste on the skin of your armpits.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Check more natural methods on Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath with Home Remedies
Other Remedies for Dark Armpits
Besides using the ingredients above, you can use the other remedies for getting rid of dark armpits. Here are home remedies for getting rid of dark armpits:
- Aloe vera – You can use the gel and apply it to your armpits
- Olive oil – rub it gently to your dark armpits
- Tomato juice – You can drink it and get natural benefits
- Herbal treatment – You can use many herbal, such as, cucumber and coconut oil
- Egg oil – Just apply it gently
- Apple cider vinegar – Rub it on your dark armpits
- Sandalwood – The same uses as orange peel
- Gram flour – You can use it and apply it to your armpits
- Saffron – helps to neutralize the odor of dark armpits
- Vinegar – Rub it on your dark armpits
- Vitamin E oil – Rub it on your dark armpits
- Honey – The same uses as orange peel
- Papaya – The same uses as orange peel
- Sunflower oil – It is also trusted as natural deodorant
Some Tips of Preventing Dark Armpits
After knowing home remedies for getting rid of dark armpits, here is tips to prevent it:
1. Moisturize your skin
Moisturizing your dark armpits regularly (at least twice a day) to prevent discoloring skin in some parts of the body will help you to prevent getting darker armpits. It will also keep the bacteria away and prevent odor in the armpit area.
2. Maintain your personal hygiene
Dead skin in your armpit is one of the reasons for dark armpits. Cleaning the armpits area will help you to reduce the possibility of getting darker skin in your armpit area. Exfoliating the armpits will surely help to remove dark spots that make skin in your armpits become darker.
3. Shower everyday
By showering everyday will prevent you from building up the sweat in your armpits area. If you are skipping shower it will lead to bacterial growth in the armpit area. So, make sure you take a bath at least twice a day to keep your armpits free of swear.
4. Avoid using deodorants and antiperspirants
Deodorants and antiperspirants will darken the armpits area. You can use natural deodorants, such as coconut oil, baking soda or sandalwood.
Home remedies are always the best treatments because of the safety, natural and friendly cost reasons. Home remedies for getting rid of dark armpits can be found in the explanation above.