18 Ways on How to Make Discoloured Nails White Naturally
Applying nail polish might be one of the routines of every woman. Then, how if your nails get discolored? It won’t be cool! Discolored nail is one of the common problems happening to most women love doing manicures. It will surely affect your appearance and might be one of the leading cause to serious problems.
You might be wondering what the causes of discolored nails and how to prevent it from happening again. Here are the complete details of discolored nails including the causes, the symptoms, the treatments and prevention.
Other problems related with hands can be found in Ways to Get Rid of Swollen Finger Fast.
Why Do Nails Get Discolored?
Nails get discolored because of the problem in the nails or the nail polish pigments. Too much exposure of nail polish give bad impact to the color of your nails. It can turn to a really dark yellow, brown or the actual pigment from your polish, like red or blue. This stain is not harmful and does not really need to be worried of. But it doesn’t mean it is common and not dangerous. If these problems are not treated well, it might lead to serious problems.
Besides because of nail polish, discolored nails can also occur because of fungal infection. The fungi comes from the common one found in the dust and soil. One of the famous fungi is Trichophyton rubrum that tends to infect skin.
How Do You Know that You Get Discolored Nails?
There might be some possibilities happening when you have discolored nails. To make sure whether you are infected by discolored nails, check the following symptoms:
- Black nails – it is caused by trauma from injury. It shows a blood pool underneath the nails make it look black, purple, red or brown. Swelling and unpleasant odor also occur.
- Green nails – it is caused by bacteria called pseudomonas that affects the nail bed.
- Yellow nails – it shows fungal infection and affect anybody. It is caused by dermatophytes that infects the skin.
- White nails – it is caused by fungal infection that commonly affects the toenails.
Other symptoms of discolored nails are the nails seem thickened, brittle, crumble and dull.
Incredible Ways to Make Discolored Nails White
Aside from the manicure treatment you can find in salon, you can do these following remedies at home that are incredible in making the discolored nails white. Most of the people do these remedies at home and they are quite effective in solving the problem of discolored nails. Are you curious? How to make discoloured nails white? Let’s check the following remedies!
1. Lemon and baking soda
Lemon contains lots of vitamin C and acetic acid. It is also able to bleach the nails naturally that is useful to whiten the nails.
How to do it:
- Mix 1 tbs of lemon juice with 2-3 tbsp of baking soda until you get a thick paste.
- Apply the paste directly to your nails and scrub the nails using soft toothbrush.
- Wait for 15 minutes and then rinse with water.
Caution: Lemon can make your nails dry, so don’t forget to apply some moisturizer on your hands and fingertips.
2. Salt and lemon
How to make discoloured nails white? When lemon is mixed with salt, it will create a great whitening tool for your nails and shining your nails as well.
How to make it:
- Make a sandy scrub from 1 tbsp of salt and 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Apply the scrub to your nails and let it be there for around 5 minutes.
- Rinse it by using warm water.
Caution: Apply some moisturizer to avoid dryness of the nails and the skin.
3. White vinegar
It has the property that make your nails become beautiful and white.
How to make discolored nail white:
- Mix 1 small cup of water and 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Soak your nails in this mixture for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it with warm water.
- Apply some moisturizer to your hands and nails after that.
White vinegar is also a great ingredient to Best Ways to Get Rid of a Foot Blister with Home Remedies.
Toothpaste is not only working well to whiten your teeth but it also a great remedy for making discolored nails white. You can simply whiten your discolored nails using white toothpaste (just make sure that you are not using gel or colored toothpaste).
How to make discolored nails white:
- Apply a little toothpaste to your toothbrush and rub the toothpaste onto your fingertips and underneath your nails.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and rinse it with water.
5. Baking soda
Baking soda provides natural way of whitening your nails.
How to make discoloured nails white using baking soda:
- Mix baking soda and warm water until you get the form of paste.
- Apply it directly to your fingertips and underneath your nails and let it rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Rinse it with water and apply some moisturizer.
6. Orange peel
Don’t ever try to throw the peel of orange after you finish eating the fruit. It is rich in vitamin C that is beneficial for eliminating nail stain.
How to use orange peel to whiten discolored nails:
- Rub the fresh orange peel to your nails. Do it two to three times a day and you can see the result in 1 to 2 weeks.
- Make a thick paste using dried orange peels. Grind the orange peels and mix it with little amount of water.
- Apply the paste on your fingertips for around 10 minutes.
- Scrub it gently using toothbrush.
- Wash it with warm water.
You might be interested in knowing another use of orange peel in Natural Ways to Get Rid of Black Marks on Neck #1 Works and Ways to Get Rid of Black Lips from Smoking.It is amazing to know that orange peel is very good at treating several health problems.
7. Hydrogen peroxide
Its whitening properties help to whiten the discolored nails.
How to use hydrogen peroxide to make discolored nails white:
- Prepare 3% of hydrogen peroxide.
- Mix 2-3 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide with half cup of water.
- Soak your nails for 2-3 minutes and by using toothbrush, scrub the nails.
- Rinse with water
Other Incredible Ways to Get Rid of Discolored Nails
Besides using the remedies above, you can also use these following remedies to make the discolored nails white. How to make discoloured nails white? Here are the ways:
- Tea tree oil – it has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that work well to fight against discolored nails.
- Combining olive oil, baking soda and lemon juice – each of these ingredients plays an important role in fighting the discolored nails.
- Garlic – this well-known herb is useful for fighting the fungal causing discolored nails.
- Listerine – this useful mouthwash is also beneficial for curing discolored nails. Soaking your nails in it will work.
- Onion peel – it helps whitening your nails and prevent the growth of fungi.
- Alcohol – make sure you put it in a proper portion because too much alcohol will make discolored nails worse.
- Base coat as starter – apply base coat before you are applying nail polish to protect your nails from getting discolored.
- Use of nail-whitening pencil – it helps to fix underlying stain.
- Vicks – besides for treating sore throat, it is also useful for treating discolored nails.
- Apple cider vinegar – it is rich in malic and acetic acid that is useful to remove stains on the nails.
- Lemon juice and soap – it is a perfect combination to remove discolored nails.
How to Prevent My Nails to Get Discolored?
- Apply base coat before applying nail polish as it will protect your nails from the harmful effect of the nail polish.
- Maintain the moisture of the nails as brittle nails are prone to absorb pigment from the polish.
- Do not leave the manicure on your nails for too long as it is helpful to prevent the polish to be absorbed by your nail bed.
- Make sure you apply balanced diet. By doing so, you can provide nutrients and vitamins that help to improve your immune system to fight against infection in your nails.
- Always wash your hands and keep the hands health.
The remedies above are trusted effective and incredible to make discolored nails white and healthy.
You can try those homemade remedies to get rid of yellow nails, but if it doesn’t work then please call your doctor for further treatments as it may be symptom of worse diseases.
Overall, starting from now on, it is better to take care of your nails before it is getting more serious like this discolored problem. Hopefully, you can find the best remedy that suits for making your discolored nails white.
Spend your time reading Natural Ways to Get Rid of Fungal Infections and 25 Natural Homemade Ways to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose. It is very useful to enrich your knowledge. After all, stay healthy good people!