25 Best Way to Get Rid of Numbness in Hands Effectively
Numbness is a tingling, burning, or lack of sensation occurs in any particular body parts such as hands and feet. Usually, it lasts for minutes, but you should contact your doctor when experiencing this condition for a prolonged period.
Causes of Numbness in Hands
There are several causes of numbness including:
- Constant pressure to the hands or feet.
- Excessive drinking and smoking.
- Exposure to the cold object.
- Nutritional deficiency (magnesium and Vitamin B 12)
- Medical condition (Diabetes, thyroid, migraine, etc.).
- Lack of activity.
You might also want to read: How to Get Sleep During Alcohol Withdrawal
Fortunately, remedies for numbness are abundant. You can treat this condition by using some herbs and doing some exercise at home.
Here are the treatments that are useful best way to get rid of numbness in hands.
- Warm Compress
The first thing you can do is compress your hand or any affected area using warm water.
- Just prepare a clean washcloth and a bowl of warm water.
- Squeeze the excess.
- Place in the affected area for about 5-7 minutes.
- Repeat the process until the numbness is gone.
Massage is an excellent method to improve blood circulation and makes you relax. For numbness, just massage the affected area gently. Do it until the problem vanished.
Find another useful article: How to Heal Your Skin After Sunburn
- Coconut oil
Coconut oil is the ancient medicine to cure any skin condition, and it has properties to strengthen muscles.
- Drops slightly-heated coconut oil over the affected hand.
- Do a gentle massage.
- You can repeat it thrice a day.
- Rosemary oil
Rosemary oil is used for centuries to improve the circulation of blood.
Only do a gentle massage in your tingling hands by using this oil.
Get more useful tips at How to Treat Sore Knee from Running
Turmeric helps to reduce discomfort in the affected area due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can add one tablespoon of turmeric powder into a glass of milk.
- Stir and drink it once a day.
You may also read How to Treat Cancer with Turmeric
It is a potassium and manganese-rich herb which is recommended by the experts to increase the blood circulation.
- Add a tablespoon of cinnamon powder into a cup of milk or water.
- Drink it once a day in a few weeks.
Do some exercise in your preference to prevent the numbness. You can jog, run, or just walk around your backyard. It is the best act you can do to improve your health and avoid the numbness.
- Ginkgo Biloba
It is available in the market and supplement shop. Adding Ginkgo biloba can reduce the pain and prevent the reoccurring of numbness.
You should also read this article: Best Way to Get Rid of a Foot Blister
- Elevate the Affected Area
When you are experiencing numbness in hand or foot, the simple way to diminish it is by elevating the affected area. You can put a pillow below your feet or raise your hand whenever the problem comes.
Numbness will be gone after the blood circulation backs to normal.
- Mustard oil
It has properties to reduce the inflammation as well as the numbness.
- Heating some drops of mustard oil.
- Apply it to the hands or feet with numbness.
- Do a gentle massage.
- Repeat it twice a day to get the best result.
- Indian Gooseberry
Also known as Amla, Indian Gooseberry is one medicinal fruit to reduce the pain of numbness. You can add the powder of Amla into a cup of water. Consume it once a day before eating your breakfast.
- Olive oil
Olive oil has soothing properties that relax the muscles and nerves.
- Just heat olive oil.
- Apply to the affected area and do a gentle massage.
- Repeat the process twice or thrice a day.
Find out the Natural Ways to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Lips
- Cayenne Broth
Cayenne is a great source of A, C, E, and manganese which are excellent to promote blood flow to your body.
- To make a broth, you will need:
- A teaspoon of cayenne powder.
- Two cloves of garlic.
- A small cut of ginger.
- Boil all of the ingredients with a glass of water.
- Add a pinch of salt for taste.
- Consume it once a day.
Next best way to get rid of numbness in hands, you can add thyme to your soup. It can elevate the healing process of the ailment due to the properties in it.
- You only have to make soup in your preference.
- Add two dried thyme (raw would be a better choice) leaves.
- Consume it once a day.
Sage root is an incredible herb to relieve the menstrual period as well as the numbness and cramps.
You can use either raw or dried sage into your meal such as roasted turkey.
Another way is to use the powder as the addition to your pancake or make a cup of tea from the raw leaves.
- Add two leaves of sage into a cup of water.
- Boil and drink it twice a day.
- Lavender Oil
Use the oil for massaging the affected area. Lavender oil has an anti-inflammatory agent to reduce the burning sensation causing the numbness.
- Primrose Oil
Primrose oil is a great source of fatty acid that responsible to treat the nerve damage. For numbness, you can use the oil for massaging the affected area. It heals the tingling sensation and gives you relaxing feeling. Repeat the massage twice a day for the faster healing process.
Read also: How to Treat Anxiety with Aromatherapy
- Chamomile Tea Bag
It is one of the best remedies to treat the insensitive hand or leg. You can use the tea bag to compress the affected area and drink the tea itself. It prevents the occurrence of numbness and provides you with a relaxing feeling.
- Warm Bath
A great way to relieve numbness in hand or another part of your body is by taking a warm bath. It will promote the blood flow and accelerate the ailment to vanish.
Ginger has many properties to deal with the cramps and body part insensitivity. The warm feeling of drinking a glass of ginger solution will fasten the numbness to diminish.
You can also make a mixture of grated ginger with virgin coconut oil. You will need:
- A teaspoon of grated ginger.
- Two teaspoons of VCO.
- Mix them and apply to affected area.
- Leave it dry-air.
- Wash with cold water.
Lemongrass has been used to heal various disease such as infection, cramps, and achy joint, as well as numbness. You can take it in the form of raw and oil. To treat insensitivity, you can use the oil for massaging the affected area. Another way is:
- Smash some stems of lemongrass.
- Add it to a bowl of water.
- Heat it a while or until it bearable to use.
- Soak your hand for about 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat it two times a day.
Avocado is magnesium-rich fruit that beneficial to get rid of numbness. Add it to your meal to prevent the ailment. Consume avocado will increase the potassium level.
You can make a banana smoothie to treat the numbness due to its high potassium.
- Blend a banana with two tablespoons of honey.
- Consume it once daily.
Soybean intake on a daily basis is useful to prevent the numbness in your hand. It assists in boosting the muscles health. Just take a bowl of steamed-soybean and eat it.
How to Prevent Numbness in Hand
- Do light physical activities.
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink enough water is a must.
- Use suitable footwear.
- Avoid the cold exposure.
- Consume a lot of magnesium-rich food.
- Avoid smoking and drinking.
- Do not consume too many caffeine.
- Refined and processed food should be reduced.
- Prevent sitting for an extended period.
Insensitivity or numbness is a common condition, but you’ll feel discomfort if it occurs often. So, you can use these home remedies to deal with it and see which one works the best for you. The things to note is, if the natural treatments doesn’t work, then please visit your doctor.