15 Natural Ways to Treat Scabies At Home #1 Effective
1. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil has relaxing compounds and has characteristic to relax our nervous system.
- How to do it: Prepare 3-4 drops of lavender oil. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Dab it to the scabies part and wait until it is perfectly absorbed.
2. Apple Vinegar
Apple vinegar has high anti-fungal which is good to treat scabies. Read also: Effects of apple vinegar for kidney.
- First method: prepare a hand towel or cotton with apple vinegar. Dab the scabies with the apple vinegar. Do it 3-4 times a day to get best result.
- Second method: put the hand towel to the apple vinegar and then dab it to scabies. Leave it for 30 minutes until the apple vinegar is really absorbed to the skin. Do it twice a day to improve the effectiveness.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can treat scabies.
- First method: Prepare 1 tbsp of tea tree oil with a cup of warm water. Use cotton and add several drops of tea tree oil and dab it to all area of scabies. This treatment can be done 3-4 times a day.
- Second method: To avoid sore, add some water to it. And by using cotton, apply it to the area of scabies for 3-4 times in a month.
Have you ever heard that salt can cure eczema? It can also cure scabies. Read also: Dangers due to excessive salt consumption.
- Method #1: Prepare a bowl with warm water and add ½ or ¼ cup of salt. Put the scabies to the salt water. Do it for 30 minutes.
- Method #2: Prepare enough sea salt and pour less water. Use it to scrub the scabies. Do it for 15-20 minutes everyday to speed up the healing time.
- Method #3: Prepare 1 tbsp of salt and 2 tbsp of apple vinegar and mix it until it is shaped like paste. Then, dab it to the scabies. Leave it for 5-10 minutes. Do it three times a day to get effective result.
5. Extract of Grape Seeds
For scabies, try extract of grape seeds which contain anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, and anti-virus.
- Methods: Prepare 4-5 drops of extract of grape seeds with 3 tbsp of warm water. Dab it to the scabies area using cotton. Do it 2-3 times everyday for three weeks to get the result.
6. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil contains leanolic acid, ursolic acid, and etc which are good to treat scabies.
- Methods: Prepare 3-5 drops of the oil along with 3-5 drops of rosemary oil, 2-3 sweet almond oil, and wild thyme oil for 1-2 drops. Mix it then put it to the scabies area. Use it for 3-4 times a day to get the best result.
7. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can be used to treat scabies because of its antivirus compounds.
- Methods: Prepare coconut oil. Then dab it to the scabies area for several minutes and leave it. Do it 3-4 times a day to get best result every night.
8. Raw Papaya
Raw papaya contains high enzyme to protect our body from virus, including burns, inflammation, and also scabies.
- Methods #1: Use raw papaya and dab it directly to the area.
- Methods #2: Make raw papaya paste by mashing it until smooth and then apply it to the scabies for 20 minutes. Do it 2-3 times a day.
Garlic is useful to treat scabies. Read also: Dangers of eating raw garlic.
- Ways: Prepare 1-2 cloves of garlic with 3 tbsp of olive oil, 3 tbsp of honey. Mash the garlic and then add the honey and olive oil. Apply it to the scabies area and leave it for an hour. Do it for 2-3 times a day for 2 weeks.
Lemongrass is trusted to treat scabies.
- Methods #1: Prepare lemongrass with butter milk. Mash the lemongrass and then mix it with the buttermilk until it is shaped like paste. Dab it to the scabies area for 30 minutes.
- Methods #2: Use lemongrass oil with other essential oils, such as olive oil. Do it for 4-5 times everyday.
Turmeric contains anti-inflammation, anti-septic, and anti-fungal to treat scabies.
- Method #1: Use turmeric roots by mashing it with water. Then apply it to the scabies and wait until dry.
- Method #2: Mix turmeric pwder with water and then apply it to the skin. Wait until 20 minutes and clean with warm water and soap to remove the dirt.
- Method #3: Use several drops of turmeric oil and apply to the scabies area.
12. Aloe Vera
There are real natural ways to treat scabies at home. Aloe vera contains anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-inflammation and anti-fungal compounds to heal the skin infection.
- Ways: Take the aloe vera gel and dab it to the scabies. Leave it for 30 minutes because it needs to be absorbed perfectly to the skin then wash it with warm water. Using it 2-3 times a day is recommended.
Starfruit can be used to treat scabies.
- Ways: Prepare the starfruit (1-2 is enough). Then, prepare lime betel and mix these ingredients. Afterwards, dab it to the area of scabies.
Galangal contains several good compounds.
- Ways: Prepare enough galangal and then slice it. Dab it directly to the scabies. Do it twice or three times a day to speed up the healing time.
You can use the tobacco leaves.
- Ways: Take enough tobacco leaves and mash it until smooth. Then, dab it to the scabies. Do it twice a day for 1-2 weeks.
Ways To Prevent Scabies
Here are several ways to prevent scabies:
- Not sharing personal belongings to avoid the spreading of fungus or virus.
- Make sure that you always wash your hands, especially knowing your family members or friends are having scabies.
- Wash your bed cover, clothes, and towel separately by using hot water.
- Take a bath routinely, especially if your activities are mostly outdoor in dirty or pollution area.
- Washing your hands, especially after you touch animals.
- Maintain the nails hygiene.
- Do not touch animals with no hairs, to avoid the spreading of scabies.
- Maintain the home’s hygiene.
Indeed, you can try those natural ways to treat scabies at home. If it doesn’t work, please call your doctor immediately.