10 Symptoms of Thyroid in The Neck and The Remedies
Mumps will make the neck bigger and look very uncomfortable. Mumps is a disease caused by enlargement of the thyroid gland. This gland is precisely located on the front of the throat or under the larynx. The gland consists of two lobes and located right on each side of the throat.
The thyroid gland has some very important functions such as expelling hormones that plays a role in the process of metabolism, growth and energy regulation system of the body. The working system of the thyroid gland will depend on the work of the pituitary gland, a gland that is present in the brain.
But when the new thyroid gland can work properly if the body gets enough iodine. Without enough iodine then the thyroid gland will continue to enlarge due to the demands of the pituitary gland system to produce more hormones. Thus, here we will find out the symptoms of thyroid in the neck.
Causes of Mumps
Early symptoms of mumps such as the presence of mass growing on the windpipe from small to large. Then there is the problem when swallowing food and drink and can not breathe properly.
This problem occurs with several causes such as:
1. Less Iodine
The body does not get enough iodine substances that affect the working system of the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland can not perform the function while the pituitary gland in the brain keeps asking for hormones produced by the thyroid. You may also read: Foods for Person with Mumps
2. Excess Compound Glucosinates
The body gets various types of food substances that contain too much glucosinates.
It is a compound found in several types of vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, and cabbage. The compound glucosinates will have the effect of neutralizing the iodine that enters the body so that the thyroid gland can not function properly.
3. Advantages of Lithium and Phenylbutazone
Drugs Lithium and phenylbutazone are drugs that are classified as anti-inflammatory drugs that are often used to treat fever, inflammation and body aches. But this is a drug that can make the thyroid gland becomes very sensitive. The resulting effects often can cause nausea, vomiting, metabolic disorders due to thyroid problems and sore throats.
4. Conditions Hyperthyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a condition that causes the thyroid gland to work hyperactively.
Then it will cause the immune system actually produces uncontrolled amount thyroid gland. The gland will produce excessive amounts of hormones. Mumps become the most frequent outcome of effect due to the condition of hyperthyroidism. Symptoms to watch out for are fever, weight loss, sleep disorders, diarrhea, heat resistance, and irregular heartbeat.
5. Formation of Nodules in the Thyroid Gland
A nodule is a lump growing on the part of the gland. This condition does cause the working system of the thyroid gland is difficult to control. As a result, there is a nodule that is growing slowly in the thyroid gland. Nodules that grow can cause hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer. Proper care will prevent the growth of uncontrolled nodules.
6. Thyroid Cancer
Mumps can also be an indication of thyroid cancer. This is a very common type of cancer that can happen to everyone including men and women. But this type of cancer can be cured with proper care. Other causes of thyroid cancer such as mumps are not getting proper treatment and family history tone with thyroid cancer.
7. Hashimoto’s disease
The condition of hashimoto disease can also cause thyroid disease, it causes the thyroid gland to not produce enough hormone. It is that causes impaired immune system. This disease will then cause the thyroid gland to become enlarged and become mumps. You may also read: Signs and Symptoms of Mumps and Treatments
8. Pregnancy Conditions
Pregnancy can also develop mumps. When a woman is pregnant the body will produce a hormone called HCG (human chorionicgonadotropin). As a result it can make the thyroid gland continues to grow little by little. With proper care it can make the thyroid gland can be controlled.
9. Inflammation of the thyroid gland
Inflammation that occurs in the thyroid gland or thyroiditis can cause thyroid disease. Inflammation will create severe pain in the thyroid gland. Then the thyroid gland also can not produce sufficient amount of hormone. It can also make the glands produce too much thyroxine. This condition develops mumps.
10. Advantages of Goitrogenic Food
Various types of food belonging to goitrogenik are like soy, beans, peaches, turnips, strawberries, and spinach. All of these foods contain flavonoids that are very beneficial to the health of the body. However, flavonoid compounds can also cause disruption to the function of the thyroid gland so that, making the production of thyroid hormone stalled. This condition causes thyroid disease. You may also read: Natural Remedy for Mumps in Adults and Children
How To Treat Mumps Effectively
After knowing the symptoms of thyroid in the neck, here is the cure to mumps:
1. If the mumps is caused because the body does not get enough iodine then it should consume various types of foods containing high iodine. Examples are seafood and iodized salt as a cooking spice.
2. If mumps is caused due to condition of hyperthyroidism hence can be given medication to control system of work of hormone hormone. Some types of drugs usually given by doctors are levothroid synthroid, aspirin or corticosteroid medication.
3. If mumps is caused due to hypothyroidism condition then it can be cured with thyroid hormone replacement therapy for lifetime.
4. If mumps is caused by benign nodules it can be treated with radioactive therapy or surgical action to remove goiter.
5. If the mumps is caused by cancer then surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy can heal with excellent results.
Prevention of Thyroid in the Neck
Thus, we would be better to prevent disease with health tricks below:
1. Try to consume various types of foods containing natural iodine such as iodized salt, seafood, seaweed, shrimp, clams, crabs. Other products that contain lots of iodine such as cow’s milk and yogurt.
2. If you are over consuming foods containing iodine then try to reduce the consumption of these foods. Excess iodine can also cause neck mumps. Usually this happens to people who live in the coastal area for consuming too much seafood.
3. Avoid consuming too much of some food triggers such as rice flour, white sugar, red meat, all fried foods, foods containing preservatives, teas, alcohol, coffee and food flavorings You may also read: How to Prevent Thyroid Gland Disorder
4. Consumption of watercress regularly because lettuce contains iodine that can support the working system of the thyroid gland. You can mix lettuce in salad or vegetables.
5. Avoid consuming too many foods that contain natural starch such as potatoes and wheat. Get used to eating wheat and potatoes only a few times a week instead of every day.
6. Consumption of various types of foods that consist more of vegetables and fruits that can encourage the working system of the thyroid gland. You may also read: Tips for Weight Loss for Thyroid Patient
7. Limit the amount of food intake containing high protein such as soybeans, nuts, and lentils.
8. Consumption of various types of foods containing selenium because of lack of selenium can also make the thyroid gland work disrupted. Some types of foods that contain high levels of selenium include crabs, oysters, offal, sunflower seeds, meat, tuna, sardines, salmon, eggs, mushrooms and onions.
Mumps can be treated well according to the symptoms, the size of it and the cause. Although this disease is common but rarely causes fatal consequences including cancer. Keep preventing mumps by knowing the cause will be a smart way to keep a healthy lifestyle.