How to Get Rid of Earache Pain at Home – 15 Fast Remedies
Even though earaches mostly occur in children, adults are possible to experience it also. It can affect both ears but mainly in one ear—and indeed —it is painful. However, there are abundant natural remedies to cure the pain, and you can find them here along with the information of its symptoms, causes, and prevention steps.
Symptoms of Earaches
There are various of earaches symptoms including;
- Ear pain
- Increased crying (in children)
- A headache
In severe condition, greenish white fluid may ooze from the affected ear as well as ringing sound in the ears— even — hearing loss. So, to prevent such a horrible thing, you should know the causes first before digging the treatment itself. Here are the most common causes of earaches.
Causes of Earaches Pain
Here are some earaches pain causes:
- Ear infection
- Accumulated Earwax
- Foreign objects in the ear (like cotton swab)
- Sinus infection
- Strep throat
- Middle ear infection (otitis media)
- Water or shampoo trapped in the ear
- Eczema in the ear
- Infected tooth
- Perforated eardrum
- Acoustic Neuroma — noncancerous tumor grows in the nerve, and that connects the ear and brain.
- High air pressure
- Using earphones too loud may effect to your ear and hearing system.
Since you already know the causes of earaches, going to the doctor is necessary, but you always have to try trouble-free natural treatment at home.
Home Remedies to Cure Earaches
Here are the ways on how to get rid of earache pain at home fast and effective:
- Warm Compress
Warm compress is beneficial to reduce almost all pain problems. To relieve earaches you can do as follow:
- Fill a bottle with warm water.
- Wrap the bottle with a soft cloth.
- Place to the affected ear and press it delicately.
- Repeat it twice a day.
In case of the pain stay still, you can make a home-made ear drops right away.
How to get rid of earache pain at home? Onion has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that powerful to cure earaches.
- Just grate some onions and get its liquid.
- Heat up the juice over low heat.
- Put 2-3 drops of warm juice in your affected ear 2-3 times a week.
You might want to read this article: Best Ways to Get Rid of Black Marks on Neck
- Garlic Oil
The ear infection that is also causing earaches can be treated using garlic oil. This oil has antibacterial and antiseptic agents that help to heal the disease.
- You only have to heat two tablespoons of minced garlic with the same amount of olive oil or sesame oil.
- Let it cool and distill the oil.
- Put two drops of this oil into your aching ear twice a day.
- Alternatively, grate the garlic and get the juice.
- Put two drops of garlic juice to the affected ear.
- Olive Oil
Olive oil helps to reduce the swelling that might occur in your middle ear as it has an inflammatory agent.
- Just warm up the oil and put your affected ear facing the ceiling.
- Drop the olive oil and stay still for about five minutes while moving your jaw to ensure the oil come inside the whole ear canal.
- Then turn the ear facing down.
- Wipe the excess of oil and muck coming out of the ear.
How to get rid of earache pain at home? Ginger is a natural painkiller and useful to reduce the inflammation of the infection.
- Extract the juice of ginger.
- Warm up with olive oil.
- Put two drops in the affected ear.
Jump on: Ways to Get Rid of Swollen Finger
Peppermint leaves and oil are both valuable to reduce the earaches. You can put two drops of peppermint leaves’ juice directly to your ear to soothe the pain. Alternatively, use a cotton swab soaked in peppermint oil and put it over the aching ear. Do not drop the lubricant directly to the ear.
- Basil and Coconut Oil
Basil has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic that is powerful to soothe the earaches, while coconut oil rich in lauric acid acts as antimicrobial agent.
- Crush basil leaves to extract the juice.
- Put two drops of the juice twice a day. Or,
- Mash some basil leaves and soak it with coconut oil.
- Leave it fifteen minutes.
- Filter the oil and put two drops of it into your ear.
How to get rid of earache pain at home? Neem or Indian lilac has antibacterial and antiseptic to relieve the pain of earaches. You have to:
- Crush neam leaves and filters its juice.
- Put it directly to the affected ear.
- Repeat twice a day.
You might want to read: How to Treat a Torn Ligaments in Your Shoulder
- Castor Oil
Castor oil has antifungal that is important in the healing process and fights the infection.
- Just heat the oil and soak a cotton ball in it.
- Put the cotton ball over the aching ear.
- Let it stay for a few minutes.
- Remove it and wipe away all the excess and oil remain in your ear.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
People use apple cider vinegar to erase the ear pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- By using the dropper, you can directly put ACV into your ear.
- Repeat a couple of time a day until your aches degraded.
You can use honey to reduce the pain due to ear infection as it has antibacterial and medicinal properties.
All you have to do is:
- Warm up honey and put it to your affected ear for about two to three drops.
- Repeat the drop twice a day.
- Hot Herbal Tea
If you have sinusitis, your ear might hurt and feel inconvenience. You can make inhalation therapy using hot herbal tea. It will help to relieve the pain from sinus which causing earaches.
How to get rid of earache pain at home:
- You can boil a bowl of water with herbal tea.
- Clothe your head and the bowl with a clean towel.
- Inhale the fumes.
- Repeat it twice a day while using other ear drops.
- Lemongrass Oil
Lemongrass oil is helpful to combat the infection and ease the paining ear.
- Just soak a cotton swab into lemongrass oil.
- Cover it to the ear.
- Leave it fifteen minutes.
- Wipe away the oil.
- Lavender Oil
Lavender oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties to soothe the ear pain.
- Pour two drops of lavender oil into a cotton swab.
- Cover the ear with it.
- Leave it ten minutes.
- Alternatively, put the oil to the ear twice a day. You can do both of methods concurrently.
- Cinnamon Oil
Cinnamon oil helps the ear pain reduced gradually. It has a lot of healing properties, so it is considered excellent to cure the earaches.
- Put two drops of cinnamon oil into the affected ear.
- Repeat twice a day.
That’s all home remedies for earaches you can try at home. On other hands, you should also keep on eye some prevention steps to avoid this ear problem by keep on reading this article.
Prevention Steps to Avoid Earaches Pain
Meanwhile, it’s better to prevent diseases by set up your healthy life style!
- Keep out all the foreign objects from the ear.
- Humidify your nose to reduce the congestion. As a result, your earaches will also subside.
- Excess mucus needs to be extracted.
- Avoid loud music or environment while experiencing the pain.
- Swallowing and chewing gums are allowed to heal the pain.
- See the doctor.
- Do not let your cerumen build up.
You can try those natural ways to get rid of earache pain at home. If it doesn’t work, please call your doctor for further medical treatments.
Now, you can exhale and relieved. These tips and home remedies will guide you to cure and prevent the earaches effectively. Stay healthy, people!