12 Natural Ways How to Overcome Wet Armpits
Wet armpits not only lower self-confidence, it will also cause body odor. What’s worse, having sweat stains on your shirt is really annoying and embarrassing. However, sweat is the body’s normal way to cool off when the temperature around is hot or when you’re exercising. Sweat has a cooling effect on the body when it evaporates. In addition, sweat is the body’s natural response when you are depressed or anxious.
The human body has more than two million sweat glands. The apocrine glands, which are the most productive sweat glands, are present in areas associated with hair follicles such as armpits and groin.
As the body temperature rises, the apocrine gland secretes sweat composed by proteins and fatty acids. Both of these substances give yellowish color to sweat. Please note that sweat is basically odorless. The stinging smell arises when bacteria in the skin or hair break down proteins and fatty acids in sweat.
There are several factors that commonly cause wet armpits. Among others are :
- Weather : Hot weather, coupled with high humidity, will certainly make your sweat pouring out like rain.
- Activities: Physical activity during the day, especially outdoors, will most likely make the body sweat. While physical exercise, whenever and wherever, will definitely produce sweat.
- Psychological Pressure: Anxious on the first day at work, tense when doing important interviews, or nervous while making presentations in front of big clients can cause your shirt is inevitably stained by underarm sweat.
- Heredity: Some people tend to be easier to sweat even though they only do small things. If you are sweating too much, this condition is called hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis is often caused by hereditary factors. However, it should be noted that hyperhidrosis can also be caused by side effects of medication or medical conditions.
- Clothes: Some types of fabrics do not allow the skin to breathe properly, for example polyester, silk and nylon. Using clothes from these materials makes the body tend to sweat fast.
Wet armpits undisputed is really damaging to your appearance. Fortunately, there are several natural ways on how to overcome wet armpits. You can try the following ways.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has the ability to absorb sweat on the body so as to minimize the incidence of excessive sweating. The high water content of aloe vera also provides a cool sensation in the armpits. In addition, aloe vera contains anthraquinones which can counteract the growth of bacteria that cause body odor. By the way, aloe vera also has benefits for the treatment of severe diseases. It’s good for you to know how to treat cancer with aloe vera.
Tomatoes contain vitamin A that can stabilize the work of the sweat glands and shrink the pores where the sweat out. Drinking pure tomato juice one glass or two glasses a day can help overcome the wet armpits. You can also apply tomatoes that have been pounded into your armpits to remove the stinky smell.
3. Apple Vinegar
Applying apple vinegar to the armpits can shrink the pores of the sweat so as to reduce the amount of sweat that comes out. In addition, apple vinegar will lower pH levels from the armpits so that bacteria that cause body odor can not grow.
Lemon contains citric acid which can inhibit the growth of bacteria in the armpits. It is very useful so that when you are sweating you can avoid unpleasant body odor. You can use lemon instead of deodorant. Take one lemon, cut it in half, rub it on the armpit, and let it dry. Aside from being a natural deodorant, lemon also has other uses. For example, you need to learn how to lighten skin with lemon.
Cucumber is traditionally believed as one of natural ways on how to overcome wet armpits. However, it remains unclear which compounds of cucumber play a role in reducing sweat production. The common way to use it is to rub cucumber slices on the armpits twice a day.
Radish is effective for reducing excessive sweating because it lowers the work of sweat glands. There are two ways to take advantage of radish.
- Take a radish, grate it, and then squeeze it to get the juice. Apply the juice to the armpits.
- Make it a radish juice or smoothie and drink twice a day.
7. Basil Leave
Basil leaves contain essential oils that function as an antiseptic so it can remove the unpleasant odor from the armpits. You can consume basil leaves as vegetables when you eat. Or you can drink it like tea. It is easy to make basil leaf tea.
- Dry the basil leaves
- Then mash the basil leaves
- Brew it with hot water
- Strain first and then drink twice a day
8. Shaving the Armpits
Hair in the armpit will stimulate apocrine glands to work more actively. In addition, the sweat that accumulates in the hair will facilitate the bacteria to multiply so that the armpits become smelly. It is therefore important to shave the armpits to lower the work of apocrine glands and avoid the stinky armpits. But sometimes shaving can make your armpits look dark. Fortunately, there are home remedies for getting rid of dark armpit.
9. Taking a Shower Twice a Day
Lack of personal hygiene will cause bacteria in the armpits to develop more freely. Coupled with the accumulation of sweat in the armpit, unquestionably your body will smell bad. Taking a shower twice a day regularly is effective for removing bacteria that cause body odor. But it should be noted that it is not recommended to take a bath immediately when you are sweating. There are dangers of taking bath when you are sweating.
10. Baking Soda
Baking soda is believed to reduce excessive sweating and body odor. It is presumably because baking soda can absorb sweat and eliminate bacteria in the armpits. How to use it is simple.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of lime juice
- Apply on armpit
- Allow to dry
- Then rinse with water
- Do it every day on a regular basis
11. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil has long been used as a natural deodorant. This is because rosemary contains essential oils that have anti-bacterial properties. You can mix eight drops of rosemary oil with 100 milliliters of water. Stir until the solution is perfectly mixed. Then put it into a spray bottle. Use it daily on a regular basis.
Alum is used to close the pores of sweat to reduce the amount of sweat that comes out. In addition, alum has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can eliminate unwanted underarm odor. How to use alum :
- Mash alum to powder
- Then dissolve it in water
- Soak a small towel in alum solution
- Compress the armpits using the towel
- Repeat the compression for 15 minutes
That’s all guys. Hopefully one of these natural ways on how to overcome wet armpits works for you. Keep in mind that maintaining personal hygiene is the key to solving sweat problems. A sweet-smelling body will definitely make you look more confident.