20 Best Ways to Get Rid of Fever Blisters on Your Lips
Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) is the cause of Fever Blisters, both HSV-1 and HSV-2, is the cause of fever blisters, also known as cold sores. Typically fever blisters develop in and around mouth, nose and chin with a lot of burning, swelling and itching. It’s painful too. They will increase in size during the course of 1 – 3 weeks time. It’s embarrassing to sufferers as fever blisters are visible because they pop up in the front portion of face.
Don’t worry, Fever Blusters are not life threatening. Often occurs in childhood, after first infection, the HSV remains in body lifelong as inactive stage. But it can become active repeatedly during illness, stress, week of immune system. Not always effective but over – the – counter (OTC) medicines may applicable for fever blisters. The good news is, here we MedicPole presenting you 20 Best Ways to Get Rid of Fever Blisters on Your Lips.
Natural Home Remedies for Fever Blisters on Your Lips
Enjoy Reading with care as safe guard while you may need for you or for someone surrounding you as it is contagious too. So, read and know how to handle fever blisters in natural home remedies are without any unwanted side effects or discomfort.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil could effectively treat these fever blisters on your lips problem, thanks to its antiviral properties. Just need to do this simple ways.
- Dilute tea tree oil with water by ratio 1/3
- Use a cotton ball to apply that mixture tea tree oil on your affected area for three times a day. Do it for several days, you will see the results, the fever blister should heal completely.
Alternatively you can do is:
- Mix equal amounts of tea tree oil with olive oil, and a little bit of eucalyptus oil
- Use cotton ball to apply this solution on your blisters thrice per day for four or five days to get the best result possible.
- Lemon balm
Better use lemon balm to fight with the herpes simplex virus causing fever blisters. It is one natural anti-blister agent because many studies found that lemon balm contains flavonoids, rosmarinic acid, and phenoic acid as astringent and antibacterial qualities. Lemon balm can use to treat many health problems. To make your fever blisters on your lips disappear, let’s have a detailed look at the recipe below.
- Boil a cup of water and add the lemon balm leaves to it. Then boil them for about five minutes.
- Now dunk the cotton ball within the water and later dab at it
Simply apply the mixture on your affected part and shortly
Applying ice by using ice pack, can relieve the swelling and burning sensation caused by Fever Blisters, and it will help to prevent from spreading as we know Fever Blisters is contagious. Ice packs works best if used as soon as the tenderness and tingling sensations urges. This is one more ways to get rid of fever blisters on your lips.
- Take some ice cubes and wrap them in a washcloth. Later place it over your affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure every 3-4 hours.
- Apply a thick lemon balm ointment layer to the area after each session,
- Vanilla Extract
The presence of alcohol in the pure vanilla extract is an antiviral agent that have the ability to kill the virus causing Fever Blister. Vanilla makes your skin damp to prevent it from bleeding or breaking, and making the blisters much more distressing.
- In a bowl, take 60 ml of pure vanilla extract. Later, in it soak a cotton ball and apply it on your fever blisters.
- Follow the procedure 4 times per day until you get total relief from cold sores and fever blisters.
- Table Salt
Let’s discover how one of the home remedy recipes works well, and . Wow! that’s table salt Table salt is well known to alleviate the inflammation so that it can reduce the swelling and redness related to the blisters.
- At first, soak a cotton ball in 1 cup of hot water.
- Later place that wet cotton ball in one tablespoon of table salt.
- After this, gently move the cotton ball on the affected area of the fever blisters.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda creates an alkaline base on Fever Blisters upon apply to affected area, so the virus causing Fever Blisters can’t survive. Let’s see the recipe.
- Combine the baking soda with the water. Mix the two elements well to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on affected areas by using a cotton ball.
- Leave it untouched for a few hours to work effectively.
- Repeat this remedy till remove fever blisters quickly.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is having antibacterial and natural healing powers that can help disinfect infected area. Additionally, it speeds up healing and reduces pain as well as inflammation. This remedy will keep our infected area soft and clean so that the skin does not split open, causing further infection.
- Soak one cotton ball in a cup of hot water. Later cut a leaf of aloe vera to extract the gel.
- With the help of fingertips apply the gel on the affected area. Let it dry on its own.
- Use lukewarm water to clean the area afterward and pat dry by using a soft towel.
- Repeat process a few times per day for about 3-4 days till cure.
- Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil fights the virus causing cold sores. The antiviral in the peppermint oil makes it an excellent source for healing fever blisters. Here’s the method:
- Apply a few peppermint oil drops to the affected region.
- Leave it on five minutes, and rinse with cool water.
- Repeat the remedy twice per day to get cure from fever blisters.
- Witch Hazel
Witch hazel can suppress the pain and decrease the time of your blister outbreak. Witch hazel contains the powerful antioxidant properties that treat fever blisters effectively. It reduces the inflammation and acts fast on your sores as well.
- Decant the witch hazel right into one bowl.
- Then dunk the cotton ball in that witch hazel solution.
- Dab on the fever blisters lightly. And that’s all.
- Repeat the process till cure.
Cornstarch also has the ability to help neutralize the pH of this fever blister. It helps to kill the virus and prevent the virus causing fever blister as well as cold sore again. So, how to get rid of fever blisters using cornstarch? Follow the steps below.
- The first step is to add 2 cups of cornstarch with 1 cup of warm water. Blend the two ingredients together to make a paste.
- Using your finger apply this paste on the fever blisters on the lips.
- Repeat this process until cure from these painful fever blisters.
- Whole Milk
Whole milk is one of the simplest ways to cure fever blisters because it is loaded with nutrients and properties, such as calcium and immunoglobulins, which helps defeat the virus that leads to fever blisters.
- Soak one cotton ball into one tablespoon cold whole milk.
- Apply it over your affected skin or sores on your lips and around your mouth.
- Hold it for a few minute.
- Remove and rinse it off with some warm water.
- Repeat it for a few times a day till you get complete relief.
Garlic is one of the effective ingredients for fever blister treatment which is available in every kitchen. Garlic is having enzymes that work as natural antiviral agents, garlic could treat fever blisters. Moreover, the antibacterial power of garlic could also help disinfect your affected area and boost the healing process rapidly.
- It’s simple; just crush 2-4 cloves of garlic to create a good paste.
- Apply the paste over the affected area caused by fever blisters.
- Wait for 15 minutes and repeat this routine thrice per day for about 2 days.
13. Tea Bags
Because tea includes tannic acid, the astringent which has antiviral properties. That’s why, tea bags could be used to cure fever blisters rapidly. Tea contains antioxidants and vitamins which help heal Fever Blisters. Tea bags are the most traditional but still effective one.
- Place one tea bag (green or black tea) into 1 cup of the boiling water for about 1 minute.
- Take the bag out of the cup and let the bag cool down.
- Next, place the tea bag over the affected area for several minutes.
- Repeat this process 5-6 times a day for a few days to get rapid results.
This is also How to Treat Anxiety with Aromatherapy
Toothpaste includes ingredients like hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and alcohol that could help dry out the blisters rapidly. And also it has sodium lauryl sulfate, helping decrease the size of fever blisters in just a few days.
- Rub a small amount of white toothpaste (not the other type) over your affected area.
- Wait for 1-2 hours or even leave it overnight before rinsing it off with water.
- Pat your affected area dry and apply petroleum jelly. Do it once per day till you get noticeable results.
Just use the white type. Do not use whitening, colored or gel toothpastes.
Not many people know about yogurt’s ability of fighting virus. Yogurt includes lysine that defeats the virus that leads to fever blisters. It acts as preventing the bacteria and virus from activating. Let’s make the facial pack.
Also, do not forget eating 1 cup of yogurt twice or thrice per day to boost your healing process faster.
- Take ½ cup of yogurt in one clean mixing bowl and mix with 1 egg.
- Later add 1 tsp of honey and blend well.
- Add 10 drops of rose water and.
- Apply on your affected part.
- Keep it on for ten to thirty minutes and wash it away gently.
16. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide can help to kill bacteria that might infect your fever blisters. The main cause of fever blisters is herpes virus which thrives in warm, moist environment, so using hydrogen peroxide can help keep your affected area free of moisture and dry. Hydrogen peroxide is considered as a natural disinfection.
- Dip one cotton ball in the 3% hydrogen peroxide solution.
- Dab it onto your blisters. Wait for 3-4 minutes before rinsing it off with water. Let it dry.
- Repeat the routine a few times per day for 3 days to get good results.
Another way to apply:
- Mix two crushed aspirins with 1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply the paste over your affected skin area, using a cotton ball. Wait for 2 minutes before washing it off with tepid water.
- Do this once per day for just 1-2 days.
Licorice has anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties that make this plant a natural and effective cure for fever blisters. Licorice is having active ingredient named glycyrhizin. It will help minimize the swelling and redness, and also speed up the healing process.
- Make a thick paste of ½ teaspoon of water and 1 tablespoon of licorice root powder.
- Dab the paste over Fever Blisters affected area by using a cotton ball.
- Repeat this routine 4 times per day for few times per day till your blisters disappear.
- Drink the licorice root tea or simply take the licorice supplements to boost the healing process.
Note: High blood pressure people need to avoid this remedy.
Honey is well known for many kind of beauty and health problem. Honey is rich with nutrition and natural antibiotics. We can make use of honey for fever blister as well for common wound. Cooked honey is lack of enzymes, so, raw honey is our choice.
- Get some honey as much needed
- Apply on Fever Blisters area three times a day
- Repeat the process till satisfactory result
For skin care Lemon is widely used. And we are going to use lemon for fever blisters as our home remedy recipe.
- Hold directly a slice of lemon over the Fever Blisters area.
- Wait 10 – 15 minutes after put down the lemon and rinse with lukewarm water.
And apply suitable moisturizer on affected area around mouth to keep them moist. Loss of moister can lead to spread of fever blisters. It’s good to drink lemon juice to add vitamin C in immune system.
- Warm Compress
To reduce pain, burning, inflammation, warm compress also a recommended home remedy caused by fever blisters. By repeating, a satisfactory result will prove it.
- Get some boiling water in a bottle and hold it over the Fever Blisters area. It’s very simple, right?
- Other option is, soak a towel in the hot wait, squeeze it and hold it on affected areas, till the towel cools down.
Note: careful while handling hot water.
Tips How to Prevent from Fever Blisters
Till now there is no drug or vaccine for HSV to prevent from fever blisters. Meanwhile, there are ways to keep fever blisters outbreak to a better frequency and duration. Keeping healthy is the best way to stay for from HSV related deceases and disorders.
- Increase immunity and stay healthy as much possible.
- Reduce stress – practice self-care approaches to stay less stress and stress free.
- Healthy diet.
- Start treatment at the first stage of outbreak of fever blisters.
Let your lips stay far from your surrounding people’s belongings. Not dangerous but one of contagious diseases is fever blisters. So, it is recommended not to share your drinks, lip gloss and food with other people while having an outbreak. Try to maintain hygiene, particularly hands and face so that you will not spread the bacteria and virus.
These 20 Best Ways to Get Rid of Fever Blisters on Your Lips home remedy tips are easy to follow at as you need. And take good care while suffering from Fever Blisters. Now you know how to apply these easy tips. Good luck.