35 Efficient Ways How to Get Rid of Chronic Snoring
Chronic snoring happens when a snore becomes too problematic and frequent. The noise it causes can make others wake up in the middle of the night. The person who experiences it will also get affected. This article contains the 35 Ways How to get Rid of Chronic Snoring. Also read the causes and the effects to keep you more informed about it.
- Fastest Ways to Heal Dry Cracked Hands
- Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath with Home Remedies
- How to Cure Mens Depression
Causes of Chronic Snoring
The following are some common causes of chronic snoring which may apply to you:
- Blocked airways
- Lack of sleep
- Mouth, nose or throat structure issue
- Weak muscle tone
Effects from Chronic Snoring
Chronic snoring can cause some of these effects that may affect your daily activites:
- Heart disease
- Interrupted breathing
- Disturbed sleep for others
- Keep waking up
- Light sleep
- Choking while sleeping
Ways How to Get Rid of Chronic Snoring
Not only does chronic snoring takes a toll on your body, it may also affect the people around you. Below are some ways that you can do to get rid of chronic snoring.
- Sleep on Your Side: Instead of sleeping by laying fully on your back, try to sleep on your side. This sleeping position is known to help people with their snoring problem.
- Lose Weight: As what you already read in the causes of chronic snoring, obesity is a problem. Being overweight can make you snore. So, begin to lose weight and your snoring will reduce. You may also want to read Tips for Weight Loss during Menopause.
- Elevate Head: When you are sleeping, make sure that your head is elevated at a slightly higher level than your body. This will help your airways to open up.
- Treat Allergies: Treat any allergies that you have. Allergies affect the airflow in the nose. It increases the chance of your snoring while sleeping.
- Nasal Strip: Apply a nasal strip on the bridge of your nose. This can increase the airflow in the nasal passage. It is an effective way to reduce snoring.
- Nasal Dilator: Purchase a nasal dilator. Place it in between your nostrils. The nasal dilator can help you breathe easier and eliminate the chronic snoring.
- Correct Nose Structure: A deviated septum may contribute to your snoring problem. It causes a misalignment and obstruct airflow. Correcting the nose structure through surgeries may help get rid of snoring.
- Avoid Sedative: Some sedatives cause people to snore. Avoid taking the sedatives if they make you snore too much. Other than that, you can also switch your medications.
- Avoid Alcohol: Stop drinking alcohol as you are about to go to bed. Avoid drinking it at least 2 hours before sleep. Alcohol relaxes the muscle in throat, making you easier to snore while you sleep.
- Get Sleep: Get enough sleep. Sleep is very important for the body to rest. Lack of sleep and extreme tiredness increase the chance of chronic snoring. Read how to get a good sleep here.
- Quit Smoking: Smokers must stop smoking so the snoring problem can go away. It is a habit that only makes snoring even worse.
- Use CPAP: CPAP is a mask that is connected to a machine. It helps to keep the airflow in the nasal passage open. Consider getting this as it is effective to rid snoring.
- Wear Dental Mouthpiece: A dental mouthpiece is can help in opening the airflow passage open. Thus, you will find it easier to breathe. To get a dental mouthpiece then you should ask one from your dentist.
- Get UPPP: UPPP is a surgery that focuses on the throat. The tissues in the throat will get tighter to lessen the snoring frequency.
- Somnoplasty: Somnoplasty is a treatment that uses radio waves. The waves have low intensity. Therefore, you shouldn’t worry much. The waves will shrink the tissues around your palate so you won’t snore anymore.
More Chronic Snoring Treatments (16-35)
So, besides the different ways above, here are more chronic snoring treatments that will help you out
- Peppermint Oil: Consume a little bit of peppermint oil to help air flows easier in the throat.
- Goldenseal Supplement: Take some Goldenseal supplement as they help congestion and digestion issues related to snoring.
- Fenugreek: It is a herb that can fight off sleep apnea which also causes chronic snoring.
- Spearmint: Consume spearmint as it can help in the digestion area.
- Vitamin C: It ensures a healthy body and strong immunity system to rid snoring.
- Eucalyptus Oil: Breathe in some Eucalyptus oil to clear out sinuses that blocks airways.
- Humidifier: Humid room will prevent dry nose and throat when snoring.
- Throat and Tongue Exercise: The exercise can strengthen the muscle.
- No Dairies: Dairies leave mucus layer around the throat that can cause snoring.
- No Big Meal at Night: Big meal means full stomach. Therefore it may push into the diaphragm and cause snoring.
- Peppermint Mouthwash: Gargle with the mouthwash to open the nasal passage.
- Neck Brace: It keeps the neck and throat extended for airflows.
- Reduce Dust: Dust irritates the nose and the throat.
- Nettle tea: It treat inflammation in digestion and allergy that increase snoring.
- Special Pillows: Purchase special pillows that help you with the right sleeping posture.
- Chin-up Strips: They help to keep the mouth closed so you won’t snore.
- Place Books under Mattress: Elevating the mattress can help elevate the sleeping position for the head.
- Chew Gum: Chew for 20 minutes for a muscle exercise.
- Analyse Medications: Some medications can worsen the snoring problem.
- Yoga: It helps to control breathing especially the pranayama.
Things to Consider
Before taking medications to cure your chronic snoring, make sure to consult with your doctors first. There might be some underlying problems with your health that you do not know about. Never take medications without a doctor’s supervision as it may worsen the problem.
Below are some ways to prevent chronic snoring for you which could help.
- Maintain Healthy Weight: Maintain healthy weight to reduce snoring by doing exercises every day. You may also want to read tips for weight loss for Thyroid patient.
- Eat Healthy Food: Healthy food will make your body healthy and make sure that every organs work perfectly.
- Regular Medical Check-up: This can help in monitoring the body. It can also catch on early illnesses that may cause snoring.
Find out more:
Finding the right way to get rid of chronic snoring is never easy. What works for others may not work for you. But never give up and hopefully this article is useful in your path to find the right treatment.