20 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Blisters Without Popping Them
Have you ever experienced having a pocket of fluid under your skin? It must be irritating and hurtful. They call the pocket of fluid under your skin as blister. It is the way that your body does to protect the skin from infection.
However, it might get worse when your skin is exposed too much to friction and injury. Blisters commonly occur on lips, feet, fingers and mouth. You can read more articles about blisters, you may read Best Ways to Get Rid of a Foot Blister with Home Remedies.
When you get blisters on your skin, it must be very tempting to pop it. Is it okay to pop the blister? The answer is exactly NO! Because by popping the blister, you will only create worse condition and increase the infection’s risk.
Before going further to find out the ways to get rid of blisters without popping them, let’s check the causes of blisters.
Causes of blisters
There are some things causing blisters. These causes might decide the level of severity of the blisters. Here are the causes of blisters.
This happens especially when you wear too tight shoes or boots. When your skin is exposed too much to friction or rubbing, it will create blisters. Blisters commonly occur in a warm and moisture condition, such as inside the shoes.
2. Extreme temperature
When you are on snowy weather and you don’t wear any gloves might lead you to the occurrence of blisters. The same thing happens when you are staying in the summer for too long until you get sunburn. Burns on the skin can indicate the tissue damage mostly caused by frostbite.
Dermatitis is one condition of skin showing you are allergic to something. It does not have to be something poisonous, it can be food, fabric, soap or perfume. When you are experiencing severe allergic, it might lead you to have blisters on your skin.
4. Bug bites
When you experience bug bites, you will feel itchy and blisters will come out. It often attacks hands, feet, wrists and under arms. If you are experiencing bug bites, you may read Ways to Get Rid of Itchy Bug Bites Fast.
Natural ways for getting rid of blisters without popping
Actually, without treating it, blister can be healed around seven days. However, you might not be able to stand the pain and the temptation to pop it. You can do some treatments at home to treat the blister. Here are the ways to get rid of blisters without popping them:
1. Don’t touch it!
Leave the blister alone and do not touch it. The Mayo Clinic stated that you had better cover the blisters by using bandage and let the blisters heal themselves. However, do not forget to maintain the hygiene of the bandage so that it will not lead to infections.
2. Aloe vera gel
You can apply the aloe vera gel on the part that gets blisters. It has astringent property that helps to prevent infetcions and keep the blister clean. It also helps the blister area to cool down especially when you feel burn on your skin.
3. Green tea
It has anti-inflammatory agent that helps to heal the blisters.
How to do it:
- You can simply take three bags of green tea and a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Brew them in a boiling water.
- Wait until it cools down then soak the blisters in it.
By soaking the blisters in the warm water, you can help to soften and dry the fluid inside. That’s the fastest ways to get rid of blisters without popping them.
4. Vitamin E
Vitamin E has excellent property in healing skin problem. It helps the healing of skin cells and the prevention of scarring skin. You can simply pop the vitamin E pill and apply the liquid to the blister directly. You may also read about How to Cure Chapped Lips in 5 Minutes with home remedies.
5. Castor oil
It’s well-known for its great effect on getting rid of blister without popping it. Simply apply the castor oil to the blisters before going to bed and you will be surprised of its benefit in drying and healing the blisters.
6. Apple cider vinegar
This famous ingredient has been used for treating so many health problems, especially skin problems. Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents that help to prevent infections caused by the blisters. It also provides quicker healing of the skin.
How to do it:
- Mix the apple cider vinegar and onion paste.
- Apply the mixture in the blisters and wait until it is dry.
- Wash it with warm water and do it around two or three times a day.
Caution: Apple cider vinegar might give you a sting sensation. If you feel sting when you apply the vinegar, you had better use another remedy.
7. Tea tree oil
It is one of the famous ingredients that works well on treating skin problems, such as acnes, chicken pox and cracked skin. Most Australian researchers give patients with oral herpes (severe type of blisters) 6 percent of tea tree oil. It is beneficial to reduce the number of blisters on the mouth.
How to do it:
- Mix the tea tree oil and olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on the blisters using cotton ball.
- Wait for around 10 minutes until it is dry.
- Wash off by using cool water and repeat this two to three times a day.
8. Epsom salt
It is very advantageous of solving most of the health problems, such as cramp and muscles pain. It is useful to drain the blister quickly and quicken the healing process of the blisters.
How to do it:
- Add 2 tbsp of Epsom salt to a bucket of water.
- Soak your blisters in the bucket for 10-15 minutes.
- Dry it and apply some petroleum jelly on the blisters and you can do it two or three times a day.
9. Baking soda
Baking soda is useful to dry the blister quickly. You can mix it with water to make a paste or mix it with salt that is useful for killing the bacteria forming blisters.
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda and water until you get a paste.
- Apply the paste on the blisters and let it dry.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with salt.
- Rinse the mixture to the blister as often as you can.
10. Lavender oil
It works well on sunburn blisters. It helps to heal the skin and repair the skin from wound. Just simply apply the lavender oil to the blisters and you can do it as often as you can.
11. Turmeric and honey mixture
Turmeric and honey are well-known for their various benefits. It has anti-inflammatory agent that give better healing of the blisters. Just simply mix turmeric powder with honey and apply it on the blisters. It works effectively if you have blisters on your tongue.
This herb is useful to solve some skin problems due to its ability to reduce the inflammation caused by the blisters.
How to do it:
- Prepare a pot of boiling water.
- Put some chamomile leaves into the boiled water.
- Cover and steep for 20 minutes then let it cool.
- Soak a cloth in the water and apply it on the blisters for 10 minutes.
- Repeat it for 3-4 times a day.
If you are curious of getting know about the benefits of these natural remedies, you might check 22 Ways to Get Rid of Feet Swelling with Home Remedies
Other ways to get rid of blisters without popping
Besides using the ingredients above, you can do these following ways to get rid of blisters without popping. Here are the ways.
- Special designed socks – to reduce the amount of sweat produced.
- Never ever try to pop it! – as explained before, popping blisters will only create worse infection.
- Powder or petroleum jelly – it helps to reduce the skin friction.
- Cover the prone area – by covering the area that is prone to blister, you can prevent the occurrence to blisters. You can use tape.
- Choose proper shoes – choose the shoes that are not too loose or too tight.
- Use comfortable insoles – it helps to provide more comfort on shoes.
- Keep your feet dry – by doing so, you can help to evaporate the sweat from your feet.
- Topical cream – antiseptic cream will help you to clean the infected area and quicken the healing process.
Meanwhile, you can try those ways to get rid of blisters without popping them. But if it doesn’t work, you may call your doctor for further medical treatments.