5 Unexpected Dangerous Diseases Caused by Rat and Mice in Your House
The existence of rat that living in house is indeed disturbing. Not only because the rat will searching for food through dining table that can spread bacteria, it can also trigger many dangerous diseases.
There are 5 unexpected dangerous diseases that caused by rat and mice that any of you must to consider. These diseases are:
Read also: Positive Effects of Hand Hygiene
One of diseases that caused by rat and mice in your house is leptospirosis. Leptospirosis is a bacteria which usually carried by rat. The spread of this disease occurs through rat urine.
Symptoms of Leptospirosis
There are various syptoms of the occur of leptospirosis, including:
- Painful body
- Having fever
- The fever becomes up and down
- Experiencing complications in the kidney, as well as in the liver and brain membranes
Leptospirosis opens a big opportunity for its sufferers to death. Although other animals can also trigger this kind of dangerous of disease to occur, but rat considered as the main factor that caused leptospirosis because their existence can be found anywhere in any house. They can infects this disease through their urine.
Read also: Early Symptoms of Heart Disease Need to be Recognized
How to Handle Leptospirosis
- Avoid playing in flood water.
- Wear special clothing and footwear such as boots during flood.
- Maintain the home hygiene by routinely clean it.
- Throw out the gargabe in the space that already provided to reduce the population of rat.
PES is a disease that caused by the bacteria of Yersinia pestis and can be extremely dangerous if anyone experiencing this disease. The infection can be spreaded through rat fur.
For those who live in agriculture and rice fields, they must be vigilant, especially in rainy season to avoid the virus that being carried by rat through their body part.
How to Avoid PES
- Don’t touch animal that already dead. Use hand wrap if you have to touch it.
- Immediately report if there is dead or sick animal that near from you house.
- Bring insect repellent to avoid flea bites if you go to somehere that knows has many rats and mices.
- Protect pet from by using insect repellent for animal skin.
- Regularly clean your house and environment around the house.
- Salmonella Enterica Serovar Typhimurium
Salmonella Enterica Serovar Typhimurium is another dangerous disease that caused by the rat and mice. This disease can be very fatal if anyone who belong to its sufferer doesn’t get medical treatment in a right way.
Symptoms of Salmonella Enterica Serovar Typhimurium
- High fever
- Triggers stomach cramps
- Nausea accompanied by vomiting for 7 day
This disease usually carried by home mice, especially pet mice through their intestinal tract.
How to Handle Salmonella Enterica Serovar Typhimurium
- After holding a rat, don’t forget to wash your hand by using soap. You may also like to read dangers of not washing your hands before eating.
- Keep the cage clean and also clean your house and yourself if you pet a mice or hamster.
Read Also: List of Foods to Eat for Healthy Skin!
- Rat Bite Fever (RBF)
Watch out for the mice that scratch or bite you because it can trigger a bacteria called streptobacillus moniliformis to occur. The bacteria can be spreaded and infected through the bite of the mice.
How to Avoid RBF
- Don’t eat carelessly, hygiene is a must.
- Make sure to consume food that is clean and not contained with rat. You may also like to read dangerous foods for stomach.
- Use protection such as special clothing to avoid the bite of the mice.
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS)
Mice is capable to trigger dangerous disease, one of its example is HPS where the infection often experienced by human through rat urine, saliva, or feces. The only way to avoid this disease is to ensure that your pet already be controlled.
These are 5 unexpected dangerous diseases that caused by rat and mice that living in you house. Stay healthy, good people!