12 Remedies for Thyroid Gland – Medical and Natural Treatments
Thyroid gland is a gland that has a shape like a butterfly that is located below Adam’s apple. Thyroid gland has an indeed important function, to produce thyroid hormone.
In normal condition, the existence of thyroid gland is often not realized but once we found it, it will experience swelling. This condition named as goiter. Diseases that reffered to our thyroid gland usually triggered by various factors, such as:
- Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. This kind of disease caused by excessice thyroid gland performance or its performance that gets decreased. This disease will cause swelling to its sufferers.
- Lack of iodine can also cause interference with the thyroid gland. Iodine itself is a component that needed by thyroid gland to produce thyroid hormone.
- Smoking habits also lead someone to experience swelling on the thyroid gland due to the ingredient that includes in cigarette.
Read also: How to Prevent Thyroid Gland Disorder.
In addition, there are also several conditions that can cause interference with the thyroid glad such as:
- The presence of nodules in the thyroid gland.
- Affected by thyroid cancer.
- Inflammation of the thyroid gland caused by viral, bacterial, and certain drugs.
- Iodine levels in body are too high.
- Hormonal imbalances in body. You may also like to read tips for weight loss for thyroid patient.
- Effects of lithium drugs such as depression and bipolar disorder drugs.
Medical Treatment of Thyroid Gland
Here are some methods of medical treaments you can apply for thyroid gland:
- Hormone replacement theraphy
This method of treatment is done by replace thyroid hormone production. The type of drug that its sufferers must to take is levothyroxine who has a side effects such as nausea.
- Take thyroid hormone-lowering drugs
This method is done by treat diseases of the thyroid gland that caused by hyperthyroidism. The type of drug that its sufferers must to take is thionamide. It has nausea as its side effects as well.
Read also: How to Get Rid of Nausea Side Effects.
- Radioactive iodine theraphy
Patients with thyroid gland have to consume radioactive iodine because it will destroy thyroid cells in the body. You may also like to read ways to prevent radiation theraphy side effects.
If the swelling continues to occur, doctor will usually recommend the sufferers of thyroid gland to do a surgery. Surgery on thyroid gland can reduce several dangerous diseases as well.
Natural Treatments of Thyroid Gland
Beside of these medical remidies above, you can actually overcome the swelling on thyroid gland by using Natural treatments such as:
To treat thyroid gland by using sambiloto, you have to prepare 30 grams of dried sambiloto. Boil them with 600 ml of water then drink it twice a day. Sambiloto itself has proved for its ability to cure various diseases.
- Leaves of god
The ingredients you need are 300 gram of fresh god leaves and 30 gram of dried tea parasite. Wash both of them, then boil them with 700 ml of water. You can drink it twice a day, every morning and evening.
- Daruju root
You need to prepare 30 to 60 gram of dried daruju root. You can start to wash them then boil them with 2 cups of water. Daruju root contains flavone and amino acids that are effective as an herbal medicine.
- Jarong root
Go prepare 30 gram of jarong root, wash and boil them, then drink it two times a day. In addition, you can also crush the boiled jarong root and stick it to the swollen skin.
- Wuluh starfruit
Go smooth the wuluh starfruit and red onion, then smear both ingredients to the swollen part of the skin. It can reduce thyroid gland from swelling.
Read also: List of Poisonous Fruits in The World
- Ciplukan plant
You can start with prepare 9 to 15 gram of ciplukan plant, wash it and boil it, then drink it twice a day to get an effective result of it. Ciplukan plant itself rich of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients.
Prepare 2 radish sticks, seaweed, and also 15 pieces of god leaves. Boil them all and drink the combination of these tree twice times a day.
You can simply boil 30 gram of hibiscus by using 400 ml of water then drink it three times a day with the same dose. One thing to note, hibiscus is not recommended for pregnant women.
These are 12 remedies for thyroid gland by using medical treatments or natural treatments that you can try to apply in order to overcome the swelling of thyroid gland. Stay Healthy, Good People!