How to Treat Varicose Veins with Apple Cider Vinegar?
Varicose vein is the condition where the veins are swollen and gnarled. It commonly appears in the legs and feet. This condition is very different with spider veins as spider veins commonly appear because of high blood pressure and occur in any part of human body. Varicose veins occur in the lower parts of body.
As we know, veins are responsible for bringing back the blood back to our heart. Our body also has valves whose job is to prevent the blood travelling upwards from flowing backwards.
Varicose veins happen when the valves are missing or damaged. As a result, the blood goes back and gathers in the veins and it results with swelling. Though varicose veins are not dangerous, but they are surely uncomfortable.
Among several treatments of varicose veins, apple cider vinegar is considered the best. It is simple, easy and practical.
The following will explain about the causes and several methods of using apple cider vinegar for treating varicose veins.
Varicose vein is also one condition caused by Wearing Tight Pants. You may read this article to get to know more about how it affects your veins.
Causes of varicose veins
There are several causes of varicose veins. Here are the factors causing varicose veins.
- Age – the older you are, the more chances veins will wear down and unable to fight gravity.
- Pregnancy – extra blood produced during pregnancy will stimulate more strain on veins.
- Obesity – add more stress.
- Standing or sitting for a long time – the more time your body spend most of the day, the more risk you will get varicose veins.
- Inheritance – if one of your family members get varicose veins, you will be likely to get it too.
How to use apple cider vinegar for treating varicose veins
As the best way of treating varicose veins, there are several methods you can use to treat your varicose veins using apple cider vinegar. Check these following out!
1. Direct application
The simplest way of using apple cider vinegar to treat varicose veins is by applying directly to your legs in the morning and in the evening. Massage it gently. Do it as often as you can to get the desired result. Read: Side Effects of Apple Vinegar
Caution: Check whether your skin is sensitive to apple cider vinegar by applying it to the small part of your leg.
2. Soak in it
If you wish to get the full benefit of apple cider vinegar, you could use a cloth, soaked in apple cider vinegar and wrap it to the affected areas. Let it be absorbed for around half an hour. Do this method around 2 times a day for one month and you will see the varicose veins will be getting less.
3. DIY apple cider vinegar cream
Using cream that you can find in the drugstore is recommended, but wouldn’t it be better to make your own? It is safe, hygienic and practical.
you can just blend half glass of apple cider vinegar, half a carrot, 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel until you get the desired mixture. Apply the mixture to the affected area and massage it upwards gently. Massaging the area will stimulate the circulation of blood. Let it dry for around 30 minutes and rinse it up using warm water.
4. Bandage it
Get a medical cloth and soak it in apple cider vinegar. Wrap the affected area with the bandage and let it be absorbed for around 30 minutes. Remove the bandage and wash it using warm water.
5. Witch hazel
Combination of apple cider vinegar and witch hazel is perfect for treating varicose veins. Mix apple cider vinegar with witch hazel and rub it on the affected area. Do it in a circular motion.
6. Drink it!
Drinking apple cider vinegar twice a day will be very helpful to treat varicose veins.as it will remove the inflammation of the veins. Take two or three teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it with water. Drink it before meals. If it tastes too strong for you, you can add a teaspoon of honey.
Other ways of treating varicose veins
Besides using apple cider vinegar, you might use other remedies that you still can do at home simply. Here are the remedies.
- Garlic – simply eat raw garlic clove a day. Read: How to Eliminate Acne with Garlic
- Cayenne pepper – mix 1 tsp of cayenne pepper in a cup of warm water. Drink it twice a week.
- Cod liver and honey – make a mixture from oil and honey and apply it to the bandage. Wrap the affected area over night and you will see the reduced swelling.
- Olive oil – it is very beneficial for improving blood circulation. Massage the affected area with this oil and do it twice a day.
- Butcher’s broom – is great to relieve the pain and inflammation caused by varicose veins. However, if you are having high blood pressure, you are not recommended to take this herb without consulting with a doctor.
Preventing yourself from getting varicose veins
You know that getting varicose veins is very uncomfortable, so you might want to know what things you should do to prevent yourself from getting it again.
Here are the things you can do to prevent yourself from getting varicose veins.
- Exercising – it is the best way of preventing any health problems. You can do jogging or walking.
- Regular massage on the leg – it will stimulate the blood circulation.
- Do not sit or stand too long – take a short walk even when you want to go the nearest place.
- Avoid high-heeled shoes.
- Do not eat too much salt in your diet.
- Eat healthy food – fruits and vegetables will be very beneficial.
- Maintain ideal weight – being overweight will add more pressure to the veins.
- Elevate your legs – it will stimulate the blood circulation in your legs.
- Avoid sitting with your legs crossed – it will worsen the blood circulation in your legs.
You might not feel worried about varicose veins but it does not mean you can ignore it. Leaving it without treatment will only make it worse and it might lead to something else.