23 Natural Ways to Prevent Red Eyes from Smoking
Smoking, the activity of which increasingly invites antipathy. Not only it’s a bad habit, but it also dangerous.
Indeed, a cigarette has 7000 types of chemicals, and hundreds of them are considered harmful, including carbon monoxide, ammonia, and formaldehyde or better known as formalin, which is used to kill microbes in the corpse. If you feel a sore eye and cough, that’s the effect of this dangerous substance.
There are also unknown adverse impacts to human health, whether smokers or non-smokers. By only exposed to its smoke, one of the effects will be on eyes health, and most will experience sight sore and red eye.
You might want to read: How to Get Rid Hair Bumps Back Head
Major Causes of Red Eye
- Smoking weed or cigarette,
- Conjunctivitis is one of the most well-known (and spreading) eye infections, particularly among school children.
- Eye fatigue
- Over-wearing contact lenses
- Glaucoma (in severe condition)
- Lack of sleep
- Eye injury
- Environment and workplace hazard
- Cold and flu
Once you knew the causes, it is easier to do the further action in dealing with the red eye because you can choose the best healing method according to the reason.
Ways to Prevent Red Eyes from Smoking
It is crucial for you to do the right handling for your red-eye soon healed. As for some methods that you can apply for how to remove red eye are:
- Rose Water
To give a sense of comfort to your red eyes, you can take advantage of the natural properties of roses. Soak roses in cold water then use the rose water to wash your red eyes. The crisp effects resulting from the rose water will provide a sense of comfort in the eye while preventing the occurrence of more severe irritation.
You should read: Traditional Ways Cure Chicken Pox
Not only rose water that you can use to ease red eyes. Cucumbers can also be used to provide comfort to your red eyes.
- Place the cucumber slices on both eyes closed.
- It gives a relaxed feeling to the eyes and reduces the redness.
- Potato Slice
The next natural ingredient that can be used to relieve red eyes is potato slices.
- Put the potato slices on top of your two red eyes.
- Repeat every day until the redness is gone.
- You will feel a sense of relaxation, and it also relieves itching in your eyes.
Find out more helpful tips on How to Relieve Soreness in your Body
- Warm Water
You can use war water as follow:
- With your eyes closed, rinse your eyelids using warm water.
- Make sure the water you use is not too hot because it worsens the irritation of the eyes.
- Wash your eyes with warm water will help remove the dirt due to tears and also relieve itching in your red eyes.
- Soft Fabrics
Itching can be unbearable at times. If this is the case, you are not trying to rub or rub your eyes directly with your hands. It could potentially exacerbate eye irritation. Alternatively, use a soft tissue or cloth to wipe the itchy eyes. It would be better if you also clean the dirt on your eyes regularly using wipes.
You might want to read: How to Relieve Chronic Sciatic Nerve Pain
- Betel Water Stew
Betel leaf can also be used to eliminate red-eye.
What you can do are:
- Boil four pieces of betel leaf
- Use the water that has been cold stew to wash your red eyes.
Water betel stew is very useful to ease red eyes because betel is antiseptic. Antiseptic on betel leaf can also be used to eliminate leucorrhoea due to fungus.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is the next natural ingredient that can be used to relieve red eyes.
Follow the method:
- Extract the aloe gel.
- Mix gel aloe with cold water.
- Use a mixture to wash the red eye.
- Repeat twice a day.
The antiseptic content of aloe vera will prevent more severe irritation. Besides, the cooling sensation of aloe vera will provide a sense of comfort as well as relieve the heat as one of the symptoms of red eyes. Also read about How to Treat Cancer with Aloe Vera
- Wash your hands frequently
The hands will become a nest of germs that mediate to transmit various types of diseases, including red eyes. When you have red eyes, you should wash your hands more often so that the different germs and bacteria lodged in the hands can be reduced or at least reduce the risk of getting more severe eye irritation.
More information and tips on How to Stop your Feet from Smelling
More Remedies to Get Rid of Red Eyes
You can prevent the red-eye from smoking by using the natural mixture as the eye-drop or compress. Just mix the items with water then use it to heal the redness and itchiness in your eyes. Here are some natural ways to prevent red eyes from smoking:
- Fennel seed: Soak with water, and use it twice a day as the eye-drop.
- Chamomile compress; soak the petal and use it to compress the affected eye.
- Fennel seeds: Soak with water, drop the mixture to the eyes.
- Salt and water: Mix them and use to wash the infected eye.
- Goldenseal: Use as eye-compress.
- Witch hazel: Mix with water and apply to the eye by using a cotton ball.
- Castor oil: Dilute with water, drop to the eyes.
- Frozen fruits: Use as eye-compress.
- Honey and Milk: Heat and use to compress the eyes.
- Cold water compress; do daily.
- Tea bags: Put them on your closed eyes twice a day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Dip a cotton ball to the ACV and water solution. Apply to the eye.
- Baking soda: Add to water and use to rinse the eyes.
- Chilled spoon: Place a chilled spoon on the eye, it reduces the pain and inflammation.
- Chilled bread: Use chilled bread to compress.
You can try these natural medicine and methods freely but you have to consult the doctor when the condition is getting severe or do not heal after two weeks.
Read also: How to Heal Cracked Heels with Home Remedies
After knowing the natural ways to prevent red eyes from smoking, now is the health tips:
- Stop smoking
- Eat nutritious foods, especially vegetables and fruits that are red and yellow that contain lots of anti-oxidants.
- Eat foods that contain lots of vitamin E such as nuts and sprouts.
- Avoid the eyes from ultraviolet exposed.
- Avoid excessive screen exposure.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Healthy diet is a must.
- Good sleep.
- Eight glass water per day.
Smoking is not good for your health is a common campaign that government does since ages. However, getting redness will always haunting you. So, try the remedies when the condition occurs and once again, stop smoking.