15 Ways on How to Treat Infected Belly Button Piercing at Home
Belly button piercing becomes popular since the early 1990’s. Just like eyebrow or any other piercings, belly button piercing is prone to rejection or infection. If you are planning to have one, this article will guide you how to treat infected belly button piercing at home.
You will have to know first what causes and symptoms of belly button infection are. Below are the most common causes of belly button discharge:
The Causes of Belly Button Infection
Before we talk about how to treat infected belly button piercing at home, let’s find out the causes.
- Germs — Navel is a place where germs breed, and it starts to multiply by the wound if you do not clean up the area.
- Yeast — Candida, a type of yeast that commonly lives in a damp or dark area of the body —causes itchy, and red pierced-navel.
- Bacteria —There are good and harmful bacteria, the second is one that causes infection.
- Fungus —Fungus love to stay in the damp, dark, unclean area. Your belly button is the right place for them to grow.
- Dirt — Soap, sweat, and other substances multiplied in your navel would cause the infection and drive the bacteria growth.
- Non-sterile equipment used by the piercer —It is your first consideration to make sure the sterile of stuff used in the piercing process.
- The method of piercing — Some techniques like gun piercing – the piercer may use the only single needle to process the piercing.
- Poor cleaning —Make sure you clean the pierced-navel with the right way.
- Dirty hand — Wash your hands, or the piercer’s before and during the process of piercing and aftercare.
The Symptoms of Belly Button Infection
- Painful pressure around the pierced area
How to Treat Infected Belly Button Piercing at Home with Natural Remedy
To treat infected belly button piercing using easy-to-find home treatments all you need to do is open all your kitchen board and find out some ingredient to be mixed or used standalone.
Here are some instant ways and remedies you can take to heal the infection.
- Aloe Vera
Since aloe vera has an anti-inflammation property, it will help to accelerate the healing process and ease the pain.
- Extract out the gel within the aloe vera leaves.
- Apply the smashed-gel onto your navel and let it dries itself.
- Wash with warm water and pat dry with soft cloth.
- Repeat until the infection fade away.
This is also the best Ways to Cure Chapped Lips in 5 Minutes with Home Remedies
- Salt solution
Salt has properties to remove away the bacteria and germs including some in your belly button.
- Boil water and string in 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- Apply the solution to the infected area by using clean sponges or cotton balls a couple of times a day.
Turmeric has antibacterial and anti-fungal agents which can promote the healing process of infected belly button piercing.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder and warm water in adequate quantity.
- Put the paste on the surface of the affected area and let it dries.
- Wipe away with sterile tissue or cloth.
- Do it several times a day.
Also read How to Treat Cancer with Turmeric #Proven Home Remedy
- Warm Compress
The infection would cause pain and discomfort sensation. By using the warm compress, you can reduce the burning feeling and itchy wound.
- Soak a clean cloth in warm water.
- Place a warm cloth to your navel for a few minutes.
- Process it several times a day.
This also the best and Natural Homemade Ways to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and antiseptic properties which help to eliminate the growth of bacteria and yeast.
- Combine 4-5 drops of tea tree oil in a tsp of coconut oil.
- Apply it in the affected area.
- Leave it for about 5 minutes and wipe it off with tissue.
- Do it 2-3 times a day until the infection healed
- White Vinegar
- Just mix 4-5 drops of white vinegar with eight drops of warm water.
- Soak a cotton ball into solution in the affected belly button.
- Leave it 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and keep the wound dries.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a day.
White vinegar will fight the infection and prevent the spreading. You may also check out the Natural Ways to Heal Dry Cracked Feet with Home Remedies
Calendula armed with anti-inflammatory and antiseptic agents that sooth the irritation.
- Smash 2-3 Calendula flowers or leaves to make the juice.
- Apply the juice to infected belly button.
- Do it 2-3 times a day.
- Indian Lilac
It can reduce the pain and itching of the infected navel due to its antiseptic properties and anti-inflammation.
- Make a paste of Indian Lilac leaves powder with a one or two tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the paste to the surface of the infected belly button.
- Rinse with warm water and keep the navel dry.
- Coconut oil
Coconut oil can slow down the growth of bacteria and fungus with anti-fungal properties in it.
- Put some drops of coconut oil on a cotton ball.
- Apply the ball on the infected belly button.
- Remove the ball after 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat the act 3-4 times a day.
You may also read about ways on How to Get Rid of Acne with Banana Peel #Proven
- Chamomile Tea Bag
When your navel piercing gets infection, it will result in the pain and burning sensation. Chamomile will soothe the irritation since it is familiar as a herb essential for the skin care.
- Place a chamomile tea bag in some warm water.
- Squeeze the excess liquid.
- Apply the tea bag on the surface of the navel for about 5 minutes
- Repeat the process a couple of times a day to reduce the pain.
- Plain Yogurt
Yogurt contains probiotics that produce lactic acid which can combat the fungi and yeast causing the infected belly button.
- Dip a cotton ball into a plain yogurt.
- Dab the cotton ball in the affected area.
- Leave it 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Do 3-4 times a day.
- Baking soda
Antimicrobial in baking soda help to deal with infection and accelerate the healing process. Just apply a paste from the mixture of baking soda and several drops of water to the infected area.
- Lavender Oil
Lavender oil acts as antiseptic to get rid of bacteria and fungus in the affected area.
- Just drops lavender oil on a cotton ball.
- Apply it on the infected navel.
- Let it for about 5 minutes.
- Wipe it off with tissue.
Indeed, this is one natural ways on how to treat infected belly button piercing at home.
- Garlic oil
All you have to do is applying the garlic oil into the affected area. Garlic oil can relieve the inflammation and fight the bacteria.
- Black Tea
Tannin in black tea fight for the fungi and improve the condition of infected belly button piercing by reducing the swelling and itching. Just do warm compress using the black tea bag and repeat it two times a day.
How to Prevent Infected Belly Button Piercing
- Pick a scab is not allowed. It can worsen the infection.
- Do not use your bare hand to touch the affected area.
- Avoid swimming until the infection is gone; the chlorine is harmful to your infected belly button.
- Consume food and drink that are rich in Vitamin C.
- Prevent the pressure around the infected navel.
- Control the blood sugar level.
- Do not change the jewelry prematurely.
- Keep your navel clean.
Meanwhile, we need to take care of our health carefully. We can try to some piercing mode, tattoo, or anything, but don’t forget to its healthiness.
Also read about these: