13 Ways to Relieve Burning Pain in Groin After Hernia Surgery
What is Hernia Surgery? A hernia means protrusion of the content of the abdomen, through a weak defect in the abdominal wall. Most of the time, surgery is an option to heal it. There are two types of hernia surgery; the open surgery and Laparoscopic surgery. The kind of operation you’ll need depends on hernia’s size, type, and location. Your doctor will also examine your lifestyle, health, and age.
On other hands, a lot of cases have reported postoperative pain such as burning pain, infection, blood clots, nerve damage and the recurrence. However, this article would focus on how to relieve burning pain in groin after hernia surgery. However, some natural ways to treat this illness are available for you.
- Cinnamon tea
Cinnamon is an incredible spice that has some fantastic qualities which are the natural antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. It works with a soothing and calming effect on the inner linings of the groin.
Ways to Relieve Burning Pain in Groin After Hernia Surgery:
- One teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- One cup of water.
- One teaspoon of honey.
- Boil the cinnamon powder.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and add honey to it
- Consume it three times a day.
You can read Ways Naturally Relieve Mosquito Bites
Apple Cider Vinegar is also famous as ACV is an excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. It has been recommended for treating various maladies and is also useful as a home remedy for postoperative pain.
- In a cup of water, combine two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Add a teaspoon of raw honey
- Drink it daily on an empty stomach.
- Redo the process for as long as required.
- Chamomile tea
- Boil one teaspoon of dried chamomile powder in a cup of water.
- Let it steep for ten minutes.
- Filter and drink while the solution is warm.
- Drink twice a day for a month or more if required.
Anti-inflammatory an antioxidant in chamomile is the popular since ages. It is also an excellent antioxidant and can soothe inflamed and painful groin. It is excellent for treating burning sensation the inguinal region and help to relax the muscles in the gastrointestinal tract.
You can jump on to How to Get Rid of Sleep Marks Under Eyes
- Warm water treatment
You can drink warm water to reduce the pain as it has a soothing effect on stomach muscles and adds weight to it.
Instead of drinking a glass of cold water, you can try to change to warm water.
- Massaging with Castor Seed, Lavender and Clove Oil
One of the ancient treatment to heal groin pain is rubbing the area gently. You can use herbal essential oil such as lavender, castor and clove oil.
- Just apply the essential oil from the thigh to the groin area and massage gently.
- Redo the process thrice a day for better.
You might want to read Best Ways to Get Rid of Lice in Dreadlocks
- Baking soda
Baking soda can be used topically and internally for healing various ailments. It is one of the best natural antacids. It can give almost instant relief from burning sensation and other gastric disorders. Therefore, consuming baking soda is one of the most natural home remedies for groin pain after hernia surgery as well as for a hernia itself.
Ways to Relieve Burning Pain in Groin After Hernia Surgery by Using Baking Soda Are:
- Combine half a teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in a glass of warm water.
- Drink the mixture once daily.
- Continue the process for as long as required.
Note: Hypertensive people cannot consume baking soda as it can trigger the blood pressure and cause it to rise.
- Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera promotes cell growth in the joint areas. It works as an anti-inflammatory substance and helps cells operate correctly for healthy muscles and joints and relief of muscle and joint ache.
- Extract the Aloe gel.
- Blend the gel. You can add two teaspoon of honey for taste.
- Drink the solution daily before having breakfast.
- Ice pack
Burning sensation in groin can also be reduced by placing the ice pack directly to the affected area. Alternatively, you can compress the groin region with cloth dipped into the cold water.
You should read: Ways to Prevent Shrinkage on Natural Hair
- Ginger Root
When it comes to alleviating abdominal pain and soothing inflammatory conditions, few things are as practical as ginger root. You can consume this remedy form through concentrated ginger juice, or you can eat raw ginger to give your stomach a healthy boost and reduce much of the pain.
- 5 Cm-long ginger root.
- One teaspoon of raw honey.
- A cup of hot water.
- You can bake the ginger root before smashing it and pour the hot water.
- Let it sit until warm enough to drink.
- To give a taste, add the raw honey to it.
- Drink it twice a day.
A hernia can cause breakage to the stomach lining and the esophagus. Licorice root has long been known to be a healing stimulant for these parts of the body. Consuming licorice tea can quickly promotes the re-growth of damaged tissues and can also relieve pain and inflammation along the way, due to its analgesic properties.
All you can do to make licorice tea to treat groin pain as follow:
- Boil a glass of water.
- Add a teaspoon of dried licorice to it.
- Let it boil for two minutes.
- Off the heat, and leave the tea to room temperature.
- Strain the solution and you can add a teaspoon of honey.
- Drink the tea twice a day.
- Black Pepper
Black pepper powder is useful for more than merely flavoring food. It has been associated with soothing stomach issues and reducing inflammation of the gut. It can also help suppress acid reflux and stimulate healing in those parts of the body that may have been compromised when the organ began to push through the cavity wall.
- Half teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- One teaspoon of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Add a cup of boiled water.
- Drink it twice a day.
Turmeric is powerful to subside burning sensation in groin area as it has anti-inflammatory substance and healing agent.
- You can mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder to a glass of milk.
- Drink this daily, and you can feel the groin pain and burning sensation fade away.
You can find useful information: How to Prevent Skin Cancer from Tanning
- Thyme and Rosemary
Rosemary and thyme contain essential chemical properties tact as an analgesic to inflammation and pain, including the kind that affects those suffering from cancer, tumors and other diseases.
- You can add thyme and rosemary to the certain dishes
- You can make a tea by mixing them into a cup of hot water and drink it twice a day.
There are several natural remedies to relieve the burning pain in groin after hernia surgery. You can try all of them, but you have to consult your doctor for your best.
Below are the prevention step and tips to avoid the groin pain:
- Dietary Changes
- Avoid consuming foods that trigger heartburn.
- Food like chocolate, caffeine, garlic, onions, deep-fried foods.
- Consume more of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Eat salads made from cucumber and celery.
- Consume whole grain foods in your diet.
- Relieve stress―Excess stress hormones in the body can weaken the body’s organs and put more strain on your metabolism as a whole.
- Cut back on exercise.
- Avoid to lift up the heavy goods as it can create a pressure to the groin.
- Lose weight―your body will be under less physical strain, your posture will improve, and the symptoms may disappear naturally.
Meanwhile, there are some best ways to relieve burning pain in groin after hernia surgery. May those natural remedies can help you. Stay Healthy!