21 Best Way to Get Rid of Warts on Hands at Home
What is Warts?
You must be embarrassed and feel so ridiculous when warts emerge on the opened area of your body like chin or neck. It is a common skin condition that almost everyone has experienced in their lifetime.
Usually, they develop on hands and feet, but sometimes it appears in the genital and any part of your body as well. Wacky, right? Wart comes in a small, round shape or even oval and its color are various also. It can be dark, reddish, and sometimes brownish.
What are the causes?
What is to blame for this condition is the virus called Human Papillomavirus Virus (HPV). There are 100 types of the virus spreads in the world. Even though most of the warts are benign and painless, you are still at the risk because it is contagious. One infected individual can contaminate another person through the direct touch, small cut, or by sharing personal items such as nail scissors and towels. You can also reinfect yourself if you touch warts and then touching other parts of your body.
How to Get Rid of Warts?
Albeit warts are stubborn and contagious and look so ugly, the removals are available around you. This article would guide you to find one remedy or two that work for you in your food supply-source—the kitchen. Yay! The best way to get rid of warts on hands at home as follow:
- Tea tree oil
What you need:
- Some drops of tea tree oil
- Two tablespoons of water
- Mix the water and tea tree oil
- Dip a cotton ball and directly apply it to the affected area.
- Leave it dry.
- Redo the treatment five times a day.
Tea tree oil has an antiviral agent that is powerful to kill HPV causing warts.
You might want to read Best Way to Get Rid of a Foot Blister
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar ACV)
- Cotton ball
- Dip the cotton ball to the ACV.
- Place it in the area where the warts present.
- Use the gauze to keep the cotton ball in place.
- Leave it overnight.
- Repeat the treatment every day for about a week or until warts remove.
ACV is known as the destroyer of warts due to its acidic agent. Find out other useful tips: How to Treat a Nosebleed at Home
- Banana Peel
Do not throw away the banana peel on your plate because it is a panacea to get rid of warts. Banana peel has the antimicrobial compound that can rejuvenate the skin and repel warts on your hands.
- You only need a banana peel and can use it directly to the affected area.
- Use a duck tape to make the peel in place.
- Let it overnight.
- Repeat every day and before going to bed.
Also read about How to Get Rid of Acne with Banana Peel
- Oregano Oil
- One teaspoon of oregano oil
- One teaspoon of coconut oil
- Cotton ball
- Mix them and smear to warts by using a cotton ball.
- Leave it dry.
- Reapply five times a day.
- You can also use the duck tape to accelerate the process of removing warts.
Oregano oil has Carvacrol which is an antiviral property to fight warts.
5. Duct Tape
It is an awesome choice to get rid of warts without going to the doctor. Just place the duct tape to warts overnight or until it falls by its own. By the help of pumice stone, you can scrub remaining warts and get them vanished.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a dear medicine to treat any skin problems as well as soften it from the inside to the outside. It cleans up warts by relying on its antiviral properties.
- Prepare an adequate amount of coconut oil.
- Heat it lightly.
- Do a gentle massage using this warm oil over warts.
- Repeat the treatment a day thrice.
- Beetle Juice
It comes from the blister beetle extract which can combat virus right away. Just drops the beetle juice to warts and wrap it with the duct tape for about 12 hours. Commonly, within that time warts can be removed.
You can also read this article: Ways to Get Rid of a Cold Sore in 24 Hours
The use of garlic to treat warts on hands is not a new one. Garlic has an antimicrobial property named allicin which is excellent to cure warts.
- Crush a few cloves of garlic.
- Use it to rub the affected area.
- Repeat a day thrice.
- You can add some cloves of garlic into your mealtime.
- Castor Oil
Castor oil has anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant which can help to defeat the growth of warts and prevent the swelling when the infection occurs due to the scratching.
Just leave the affected area after you rub it with the castor oil. You’ll get the result within a week.
- Frankincense Oil
- Apply the frankincense oil topically to warts.
- Wrap it with the bandage.
- Do it about a week to get the best result.
Frankincense oil is a proven medicinal to the scars, warts, and any skin condition.
- Baking Soda
By soaking the hands or feet where warts develop in the mixture of a bowl of water and two tablespoons of baking soda for about ten to fifteen minutes and let it air dry, you can cure warts. Repeat the treatment until warts are gone.
Baking soda acts as the destroyer of warts (including one in the genital) due to its antiseptic agent in it.
- Thuja Oil
What’s more best way to get rid of warts on hands at home? Thuja oil has antiviral properties work to fight warts on hand, feet and genital.
You will need:
- Some drops of thuja oil.
- Apply and rub warts with thuja oil.
- Cover with the bandage.
- Remove the bandage the other day.
- Repeat it until warts gone.
- Vitamin A capsule
- Just open the capsule and apply it to warts directly.
- Leave it to dry.
- Redo the process until warts disappear.
Vitamin A is a prominent medicine to wipe away warts. It works better when you ingest it.
You can jump on to Ways to Get Rid of Ear Piercing Infection
Turmeric is an ancient medicinal herb you can find in the kitchen and can diminish warts. It has antibacterial properties that are proven to kill stubborn blemishes.
- One tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Two to four tsp of water
- Mix the ingredients until it becomes a paste.
- Apply to warts.
- You can use the bandage to keep it in place.
- Remove the gauze after six hours and wash it with warm water.
- Repeat it twice a day.
You may also check out about How to Treat Cancer with Turmeric
Potato juice is the best remedy to cure warts, ulcer, and tighten the skin.
You will need some slices of raw potato.
- Place them on warts.
- Leave it on.
- It will diminish warts after two to three weeks treatment.
16. Neem Oil
To prevent any further spread of warts and also kill the virus, use neem oil. Its antiviral agent is the enemy to stop the virus growth.
- Just apply directly to the affected area.
- Cover with a gauze.
- Remove and change gauze with the new one.
- Repeat it twice a day.
- Clove Oil
Clove oil is excellent to reduce the growth of warts by killing the virus.
- Directly apply the clove oil to the warts
- Place a band-aid or duck tape.
- Repeat it once a day.
- Redo until warts remove.
18. Lavender Oil
Its antibacterial properties will combat the virus right away.
- Just apply the oil and cover it with the bandage.
- Change the bandage and repeat the same way.
- Nail Polish
Just like the duct tape method, the use of nail polish will hamper the oxygen and kill the HPV.
- You will need nail polish and its remover.
- Apply the clear nail polish to warts.
- Leave it for two hours.
- Remove it with nail polish remover.
- Reapply this way until warts are gone.
Find out other excellent tips in Tips for Weight Loss during Menopause
- Thyme Oil
Thyme oil has antiviral properties to block the virus to develop.
- Soak the hands or feet where warts present by using the mixture of some drops of thyme oil and a bowl of water for about fifteen minutes.
- Remove and pat dry.
- Redo the method twice a day.
- Vitamin E capsule
- Just open the capsule and put the extract on warts.
- Leave it on and reapply when needed.
- Do it within a week, and warts will disappear. Just be patient.
How can you prevent warts to develop?
- Avoid touching the area to stop the spread.
- Boost up your immune system by eating the high nutrition food.
- Treat warts right away before it spreads.
- Do not scratch warts. Otherwise, it will worsen and contaminate other parts of your body.
- Avoid beating your fingers.
- Keep the cleanliness of your body.
- Avoid wet condition.
- Visit the doctor in case of warts still appear.
Warts are stubborn, and they are possible to come back again. That’s all best way to get rid of warts on hands at home. However, you always have the power to fight them with the remedies above. Just try and see how it works for you.