12 Natural Ways To Get Rid of Blisters on Your Hands Fast
Blisters are fluid-filled sacs that appear on the skin as a result of friction. Blisters are most commonly formed due to excess friction, often caused by repetitive actions and giving more effort for hands like lifting something heavy repeatedly or playing musical instrument often.
Blisters occur more readily if the conditions are warm; inside of a shoe, for instance. They also form more easily in moist conditions, compared with soaked or dry environments. Blisters can also occur when your skin has allergic to some cosmetics, detergent, or balsam.
Having fever blister on your lips? You may want to read this Ways to Get Rid of Fever Blisters on Your Lips
Home Remedy to Treat Hand Blisters
Here are the ways to get rid of blisters on your hands:
- Aloe Vera Treatment
Aloe vera has ability to treat many skin problems. Besides, aloe vera has component that can reduce inflammation on skin. How to apply:
- Mix aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil.
- Put a small amount of mixture on the blister.
- Let it dry on its own.
- Wash it off with cool water.
- Marigold Treatment
Marigold contains anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties that can speed up wound healing and soothe skin conditions. How to apply:
- Take several marigold flowers and put the flowers on the warm water. Let it cool.
- Wet the infected blister area with the water.
- Let it dry.
3. Castor Oil Treatment
Castor oil has soothing properties that can reduce inflammation in blister area. How to apply:
- Apply before you go to bed, you can just put the castor oil on the blister area and let it dry till morning.
- You can mix the castor oil with apple cider vinegar to further aid healing.
- Chamomile Treatment
Chamomile contains antiseptic properties and it is very suitable for skin care and repairing.
ways to get rid of blisters on your hands:
- Add chamomile leaves in a hot water.
- Cover and steep for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Soak a washcloth in the tea and apply on the blisters for 10 minutes
Chamomile also can be use relieve leg cramps, read here Best Ways to Relieve Leg Cramps Fast with Home Remedy
5. Witch Hazel Treatment
Witch Hazel has anti-inflammatory properties and can stimulate skin regeneration with its tannin. Besides, it can also tone down swelling of skin. How to apply:
- Mix a spoonful of witch hazel with a liter of water
- Soak your hands for 10 minutes
- Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment
Apple cider vinegar contains antibacterial material that can help to prevent infection. Besides, it works as ant-inflammatory to reduce pain caused by blister. How to apply:
- Mix a half cup of apple cider vinegar with 3 teaspoons of castor oil
- Apply it to the blister several times a day to get a maximum result.
- Green Tea Treatment
Green tea known for its anti inflammatory to reduce pain and also has antioxidant that can regenerate our skin better. How to apply:
- Put green tea bag in cup hot water.
- Remove it from the water, and let it cool.
- Apply tea bag on blister for five minutes.
- Petroleum Gel
Petroleum gel provides protection to your blisters by preventing it from friction. When you have blisters in the areas that are always in contact with clothes, they seem to worsen very quickly. The use of petroleum gel in such cases work as a lubricant and prevent from damage. You can just apply petroleum gel over the affected area before you go to bed and do it regularly.
- Tea Tree Oil Treatment
Tea tree oil is highly astringent and has strong anti-bacterial properties . Tea tree oil not only can cure infection, but it also dries blisters. ways to get rid of blisters on your hands:
- Dilute 3 drops tea tree oil in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Spot apply on the blisters using a cotton ball.
- Wait for 10 minutes before washing off with cool water
- Epsom Salt Treatment
Epson salts can reduce inflammation and reduce the risk of infection. it helps dry out and drain the blister. How to apply:
- Add 2 tablespoon of Epsom salt to a basin of water
- Soak your hand or foot with blisters in the basin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Soak your feet in this water for about 15 minutes.
- After that, dry your hand or foot thoroughly and apply petroleum jelly.
- Turmeric Treatment
Turmeric primarily known for its strong anti-inflammatory properties, which make it a suitable solution for skin conditions like blisters.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder with enough water or pure rose water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the blister.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Vitamin E
Vitamin E helps skin cells heal quickly and prevents scarring. It acts as moisturizer and relieves itchiness. How to apply:
- Just pop open a vitamin E pill
- Apply the liquid directly to your blistered skin.
Having blister on your foot, here we can help you Best Ways to Get Rid of a Foot Blister with Home Remedies
Hand Blister Prevention
Try using skin friendly detergent or cosmetic and do not use too much of it. And always wearing gloves in doing your daily activities that repeatedly involve your hand, such as moving heavy objects or lifting weights.
Besides, you need to avoid your skin from getting moist. You need to ensure that you hand is dry enough. Avoid contacting with water frequently. You can also use powder to make your hands dry. If you don’t like it if it’s over-dry, you can use petroleum jelly as well.
Having blister is not a big medical issue, it happens to many people. As long as you know your skin well and give the right treatment, it won’t happen to you. And give your hands a little rest after doing a lot of activities for day.
You may also want to read: