Side Effects of Using Hair Serum
There are so many products for hair treatment. Not only shampoo or conditioner, there are hair tonic, hair spa, hair mask, hair oil, hair amplifier and hair serum .
People nowadays often to using hair serum for maintain their hair . hair serum is believed to prevent hair fall, strengthen hair, and also fast growth hair.
Hair serum has been used for hair treatment whether in salon or in home. But first, you have to know the ingredients.
Here are the ingredients which contain in hair serum.
–“Silicone is a mineral. It is an effective ingredient commonly used in hair-care products. It provides slip and shine, can help smooth and straighten hair, and gives hair a luxurious, conditioned feel.” —Bridget Brager, Celebrity & Editorial Hairstylist .“
Silicones are a large class of materials—not one item. They can usually be recognized by names ending in ‘cone.’ In hair care, they are primarily used to lubricate/condition and to add shine.” —Eric Spengler, Chief Commercialization Officer & SVP Research & Development, Living Proof.
Silicones in hair products which is damaged for hair. silicones makes hair look like shiny and healthy temporarely. there are 2 silicones in used for hair serum, which are silicone that can wash by water and cannot wash by water. Read also : Treatment for Skin Lightening
The LOC Method is a crucial part of your natural hair care regimen that helps maintain the moisture you have added during wash day or a styling session.
It is important when practicing the LOC method (or LCO method for some) that you are truly using the proper sealants to lock in that moisture. This leads us to the perfect list of natural hair sealants that you can use/ experiment with to see which works best for your natural hair. Read more Side Effects of Sitting with Legs Crossed
It is also really important to know the difference between a moisturizer and sealant. For these purposes you are looking for SEALANTS to seal in the moisture. Sealants is another chemical ingridients to make your hair perfectly shiny and to control frizzy hair. if its apply to much, it can make your hair not healthy. another side effects article please check Side Effects of Pain Reliever
There are some kind of protein that concerntrate in hair serum;
- Milk Protein (Lactabumin): Derived from milk, high in lactic acid containing 8 essential amino acids. Has been labeled the most perfect protein. Great for dry or damaged hair. Hydrolyzed Soy Protein: Water soluble protein derived from soy. Strengthens and mends hair fiber. Increases the ability for hair to hold moisture. Adds shine and smoothes hair.
- Collagen Protein: Increases elasticity in hair. Read more about Side Effects of Lip Injections
- Vegetable Protein: Hydrates hair. Great for porous or damaged hair and split ends. Absorbs more easily into hair shaft than animal protein. Leaves no build up.
- Animal Protein: Breaks down into fatty acids and coats the hair. Leaves build up on the hair
- Keratin Protein: Every ones hair is made up of keratin protein. This is the strongest of the hair product proteins. When used in product form, it strengthens the hair shaft preventing breakage. Smoothes the hairs cuticle reducing frizz and making it softer and shinier.
4. Essentials fats and oils Aloe Vera Gel
Conditions the hair adding moisture and shine. It is also known for aiding in hair growth for people with hair loss. Aloe gel can replace many gels that have bad ingredients.
- Almond Oil: Moisturizes and softens hair. Softens dead skin on the scalp, making the skin easier to remove.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV): This is diluted with water and used as a rinse to clarify the hair and scalp, removing build up and preventing dandruff. ACV also corrects pH balance of the hair, which closes the hairs cuticle, making it smooth with less frizz and giving you ultimate shine. For your ACV mix you will need 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of water. Make Up Tips For Oily Skin
- Coconut Oil: Its molecular structure makes it easier to penetrate the hair shaft. It has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties; rich in vitamins and minerals. Contains protein which prevents hair breakage and loss. Softens the hair and conditions the scalp. Using it as a pre wash conditioner can get rid of dandruff.
- Cones: Are silicones, an ingredient in some hair products. This ingredient is not water soluble and leaves a film on the hair strands. When using products with cones one must use shampoo to get rid of the build up it causes.
- EO (Essential Oils): These are liquids derived from flowers and parts of many plants. Known for their healing properties and aromatic scents that have therapeutic benefits. Great for maintaining a healthy scalp. Some essential oils for the hair are, tea tree, rosemary, lavender, lemon, ylang ylang, chamomile, myrrh, basil, sage, and peppermint oil. This can be mixed with carrier oils. Read more about Side Effects of Swallowing Nail Polish Remover
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO): Is ultra hydrating and softens hair. It improves elasticity of the hair preventing breakage
- Honey: Is a humectant , which means it draws in moisture from the air. Its a great way to add moisture and shine to your hair.
- Jojoba Oil: Non greasy; moisturizing hair oil because the molecules are small enough to penetrate the hair cuticle. This oil is closest to your natural hair oil and closest to sebum produced by the sebaceous gland. Develops new hair cell growth.Uses:treats dandruff, dry scalp, has antibacterial properties, adds shine, prevents split ends, removes sebum and other oil build up.
- Oil Rinsing: Is a step that you do in between shampooing and conditioning. You add your favorite oil to wet strands and leave on for about 5 minutes. This step helps to detangle and adds extra moisture to the hair.
- Regimen: Is a step by step process of what products you use on your hair.
- Rosemary Oil: This oil is said to stimulate hair growth. Its great for dry hair and prevents dandruff.
- Sealing: The first step is to apply a leave-in conditioner and/or a moisturizing cream; these must contain water as an ingredient for it to work. The last step is applying a bit of oil or shea butter all over, or just on the ends of the hair. This process seals the moisture from the leave-in or cream into your hair strands. Read more about How To Overcome Oily Face
- Shea Butter: Comes from the nut of the shea tree, and is rich in vitamins A and E. It restores moisture and prevents weather damage on the hair. It is great in preventing dry scalp and does not clog pores. Shea butter is great for sealing the ends of the hair.
- Tea Tree Oil:Unclogs the hair follicles which leads to stimulating hair growth. It can free the scalp of bacteria and fungus.
5. Keratin for smoothing hair
Keratin Serum helps nourish your hair, repair past damage and protect against future damage. It contains Argan, Wheat Germ and Vitamin E oils, which work together to moisturize dry hair and bring back its gloss, softness and shine. Keratin Protein envelops your hair, restores its vitality, makes it full of body, and brings back its elasticity and flexibility.
As your hair becomes softer, shinier and healthier, the Keratin Serum helps it resist further damage. Are you sick of hair that’s full of static electricity and constantly looks frizzy from split ends? Keratin Serum will help you end those bad hair days.
It also helps preserve the hair color shade, as well as protect hair from future damage caused by the environment, flat irons, blow-drying and chemical procedures. Best of all, Keratin Serum doesn’t weigh down your hair.
It’s an aqua-based, concentrated light-textured serum that is not greasy at all; it absorbs quickly and deeply into your hair, instantly providing nourishing moisture. Keratin Serum is a product for everyone. Men can use it. Women can use it. Read more about Dangers of Eliminating Blackheads with toothpaste
It’s great for all hair types—from thin and fine to thick, full hair. Because it’s light, non-greasy and absorbs quickly, it won’t weigh down thin, fine hair. It penetrates deep, even into the thickest hair. If you’ve got brittle hair with split ends, Keratin Serum can help you start strengthening your hair to put an end to those split ends.
If you’ve neglected your hair or put it through the wringer (or the dryer, or the flat iron), keratin serum will repair the damage, as well as help protect against future damage. Read more about Harmful Effects of Milk Powder
The same applies for people who frequently dye or treat their hair with chemicals; this treatment will help repair past damage and also help keep current color from fading and being stripped out of your hair.