Take A Look at 10 Ways to Use Honey to Overcome Sore Throat!
A sore throat is so annoying because it hurts to swallow things, and this contributes to our decrease in appetite. From a variety of natural ingredients that can be used as a solution for the treatment of sore throat, honey is one of them.
Ways to Use Honey to Overcome Sore Throat
Antiseptic and antibacterial contained in honey is ready to help you to recover quickly.
- Honey and Ginger Mix
Ginger is known as a herb with a very high anti-inflammatory properties plus anti-fungal that can eradicate various types of infections. That’s why ginger and honey can be the right and healthy combination to relieve inflammation and sore throats.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of ginger extract along with 1 teaspoon of pure honey (make sure you know the characteristics of pure honey because it is far healthier and more nutritious).
- This mixture can be consumed directly or may also be mixed into a cup of warm water.
- You can consume it 3-4 times per day so your throat can improve faster.
2. Honey and Black Pepper Mix
Black pepper is rich in vitamin C, antioxidant properties, and flavonoids/vitamin P, so that it will be able to help reduce phlegm covering the throat, smoother breathing and finally relieve the sore throat.
- Prepare 5-6 black pepper seeds and broil.
- After that, pound or grind it and turn it into powder.
- Take a pinch of black pepper powder and mix it with ½ teaspoon of pure honey, then consume this solution every morning until the throat heals.
3. Honey and Turmeric Mix
Ways to use honey to overcome sore throat? Turmeric with its curcumin content offers antibacterial, antibiotic, and high antiseptic properties. Not only that, you can also find ways of how to treat cancer with turmeric widely spread on the internet. Combining it with honey will be very effective in fighting infections and inflammation that causes sore throats.
- Prepare 4 cups of water first, heat it on the stove over low heat, then add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- After the warm ingredients are ready, immediately add honey and you can add lemon juice if you like, this is optional.
- Drink the solution 1-2 times a day regularly to make your throat better.
4. Honey and Milk Combination
When you got sore throat, itching and irritation will occur. Honey mixed with milk will help to ease all those complaints. Not only known as a way on how to lighten skin, milk is known as a natural sedative that relieves itching as well as pain in the throat.
- Prepare a cup or a glass of warm milk, then add a spoonful of honey to it.
- If you want to add turmeric, just add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Drink this mixture every night before you go to bed.
5. Honey and Lemon Mix
Honey and lemon are the right combination for those of you who want to recover from a sore throat. Lemon is one of many fruit that contains high vitamin C. Lemon not only known as a natural way to lighten skin, it also acts as an astringent so it will relieve the throat and breathing naturally.
- Just prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix the two ingredients, then drink it regularly.
- Drink it every day to relieve sore throat that causes throat itch and coughing.
6. Honey and Cinnamon Combination
When the throat has inflammation and pain, swelling will also occur. Cinnamon is the right combination with honey because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Prepare a cup of warm milk first.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to it, and also ½ spoon of cinnamon powder.
- Drink regularly every time before going to bed until the pain is gone.
7. Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar Mix
Apple cider vinegar is a natural ingredient that can easily eradicate various kinds of bacteria and germs when it enters the body. So, combining it with honey is the right decision for the recovery of your throat.
- Preheat a cup of water first.
- Then, add 1 spoonful of apple cider vinegar and 1 spoonful of pure honey.
- Drink the solution while it’s still warm, do it twice a day until the inflammation heals.
8. Honey and Garlic Mix
Sore throat can be overcame when you consume garlic which acts as a decongestant. It is also known, some ways on how to eliminate acne is using garlic. Combining it with pure honey will maximize your healing process.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, then slice into small pieces. Put it in a container with a cover. Next, add ½ cup of pure honey.
- Cover the container of the solution, leave it overnight, then the next day, add 1 teaspoon of the solution to a cup of hot water.
- Mix well, and the mixture is ready to drink warmly; do this treatment 3 times a day to get better soon.
9. Honey and Orange Juice Combination
Orange juice is also a source of vitamin C which will support the body’s recovery from sore throat and coughing.
- Have a glass of orange juice that you can preheat first.
- After boiled, turn off the stove, lift the heated orange juice, then add enough honey to it.
- Drink this concoction 2 times a day to fully recover from sore throat.
10. Pure Honey
Just pure honey without any other ingredients can be relied on to heal sore throat. Simply consume 1-2 tablespoons of honey 3 times each day will help sore throats to heal faster. Honey is also known to be beneficial for our skin health and beauty. You may have heard that honey is beneficial to brighten dark skin or honey can be used to eliminate acne. so that the recovery of your sore throat can be supported more optimally.
Honey, which is raw, pure, authentic and has not gone through any process, is the best medicine for many health conditions, including sore throats. But when you issue an allergic reaction, stop using it immediately so it is not harmful to health.