How to Prevent Getting Bumps after Waxing Eyebrows with Home Remedies
Most women love to see their faces beautiful and perfect, including the shape of the eyebrows. Many women like to do waxing for making the shape of the eyebrows perfect.
However, not all of them know the effects of waxing eyebrows. Waxing eyebrows have positive and negative sides. The positive side is it saves your time, and the result is better than shaving. The negative ones are it can cause inflammation, sensitive skin and bumps around the area of the eyebrows.
Bumps after waxing eyebrows is not cool, isn’t it? After the skin is clean of hairs then the bumps come. It must be irritating and uncomfortable. Bumps are typically small and not painful in the beginning but when they are getting painful, then you have to think about how to get rid of them seriously. Bumps are commonly gone after few days, like about 1-2 days, so it is okay to let them be, but if the bumps stay on your skin without getting better, you have to consider these remedies.
What causes bumps after waxing eyebrows?
In the skin, there are some hair follicles. When they are waxed, they are pulled out with force and as a result the skin is getting stress. As the skin is getting stress, the body responds it in the form of inflammation and bumps. The bumps usually will last for around 1-2 days but it can get worse if it is not treated well.
How to cure bumps after waxing by home remedies
Home remedies have always been the winner of curing almost every health problems, including bumps after waxing. They are very practical, easy and probably the cheapest way. The following show the home remedies you can do to cure bumps after waxing.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a good remedy you can do to treat some health problems. You may read Ways to Make Glowing Face with Aloe Vera and How to Treat Cancer with Aloe Vera #1 Home Remedy. It is rich in amazing properties that make it become the best home remedy for treating skin problems, including bumps after waxing eyebrows. Aloe Vera helps you to hydrate your skin around the eyebrow area after being waxed.
How to prevent getting bumps after waxing eyebrows by using aloe Vera:
- Extract the gel from aloe Vera leaves.
- Keep it in an airtight container.
- Apply it to the affected area.
- Leave it overnight.
2. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is very good in curing some health problems, especially the ones dealing with skin. If you want to know more about the amazing uses of tea tree oil, you may read Proper Ways on How to Maintain Nail Healthy and 14 Recommended Ways on How To Smooth Rough Skin Face
Tea tree oil is containing antiviral, anti bacterial and anti fungal properties that make it the best remedy for treating bumps after waxing eyebrows. Besides, it will also stimulate the healing process of the bumps.
How to prevent getting bumps after waxing eyebrows by using tea tree oil:
- Prepare 2-3 drops of tea tree oil and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Mix them well.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area and massage it until it is absorbed into the skin.
- Leave it overnight.
Caution: Never apply tea tree oil directly if your skin is sensitive to it. Use cotton ball to apply it on your skin.
3. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar also has amazing uses for curing some problems related to skin, including bumps after waxing eyebrows.
Apple cider vinegar has astringent and antiseptic properties that are very beneficial for curing bumps after waxing eyebrows. Besides, apple cider vinegar is also very great to reduce inflammation on the skin.
How to prevent getting bumps after waxing eyebrows by using apple cider vinegar:
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with water in the same proportion.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area by using a cotton ball.
- Leave it until it is dry and rinse it off. Repeat this method everyday once or twice a day.
4. Coconut oil
Coconut oil helps to sooth the inflamed skin because of the bumps after waxing eyebrows. It is also beneficial for moisturizing your skin as well. The recovery process will also be accelerated if you are applying coconut oil on the affected area.
How to prevent getting bumps after waxing eyebrows by using coconut oil:
- Once you finish your waxing, apply some mild cleanser on the affected area.
- Dry the skin and apply some coconut oil.
- Leave it absorbed. You can repeat this method as often as you can and do it before you are taking a bath.
Coconut oil is also beneficial for treating some hair problems as explained in Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair.
5. Witch hazel
Witch hazel is a coolant that helps in soothing the skin after being waxed. Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and astringent properties are found in witch hazel. By applying witch hazel to the bumps in the eyebrows area, you will prevent it from getting flared up.
Caution: Witch hazel is suggested to be used immediately after waxing the eyebrows. For your information, the skin might get sensitive after being waxed. So, you had better given few hours after the skin being waxed, then you can do this remedy.
How to cure bumps after waxing eyebrows by using witch hazel:
- Prepare a solution of witch hazel.
- Dip a cotton ball into the solution.
- Apply it on the bumps area.
- Leave it dry. Do this method two times a day.
How to prevent getting bumps after waxing eyebrows?
It is better to do prevention than curing your health problems. This saying is very accurate, because sometimes prevention saves lot of money than curing or having medical treatment. Eyebrows are very crucial for women, as every woman wants the shape of their eyebrows to be perfect. Waxing eyebrows is one of the ways of making the dream come true.
So, how to prevent yourself from getting bumps after waxing eyebrows:
- Apply some moisturizing lotion or oil only few hours after the waxing is done. Don’t do it directly.
- Apply ice after waxing. It will help to close the pore. Do this even when there is not burning sensation.
- Make sure you are using the right and proper wax. Consult with the beautician or aesthetician before doing waxing.
- Avoid using strong soap, especially for cleansing your face after waxing.
- Avoid being exposed to heat for a long time, for example staying in front of the stove.
So, waxing eyebrows is okay to be done, but you have to understand the consequences of having it. Bumps is one of the consequences that you will have after you finish the waxing process. It is kind of normal, but it doesn’t mean you don’t have to treat it. Be aware of any effects after having waxing and you will be free of any harmful effects of waxing your eyebrows. Have a good try!