27 Easy Traditional Ways to Cure Chicken Pox Fast
Chicken pox might be one of the scariest diseases I have ever thought. Can you imagine having blisters on your skin and once they pop, it would create black marks on your skin. Nobody wants to experience chicken pox, even once in their lives. However, if you are infected already, then you have to find ways for getting rid of it. Traditional ways always win since it is safe and working very well.
Then, let’s have a further reading of chicken pox, including the causes, the symptoms and the treatments. Let’s check them out!
Facts about chicken pox
Chicken pox or known as varicella, has been one of the diseases infected children below 12 years old. It is known as one of the contagious diseases and it is caused by varicella zoster virus. Though it is commonly affecting children below 12 years old, it is also possible that adults might get infected of it. The people who have the bigger possibility of having chicken pox are the people who:
- Have not got the virus before
- Have not got any vaccination for chicken pox yet
- Live with children
Chicken pox spreads easily from people to people through some things. It might spread through air, saliva, mucus or fluid from the blisters of an infected person. Chicken pox is giving the worst effect from 1-2 days before the occurrence of rashes. It will be getting better once the blisters and rashes are dried.
Symptoms of chicken pox
The symptoms usually appear within 10 to 21 days after you get the first contact with the virus. The common symptom you will experience at first is you start to feel unwell. Then, the following symptoms are following:
- Aches in almost around the body
- Extreme fatigue
- No appetite for eating
- Abdominal pains
- Sore throat
- Occurrence of red and itchy skin rashes on several parts of the body (it might develop as blisters)
Chicken pox has blisters as one of the symptoms, so to make sure about the difference between chicken pox and blisters, you may be interested to read Natural Ways To Get Rid of Blisters on Your Hands and Natural Ways to Get Rid of Blisters Without Popping Them.
Ways to get rid of chicken pox
There are some ways to get rid of chicken pox that you can do simply at home. Some of the treatments can be done at home by using natural ingredients. What are the natural ways to get rid of chicken pox? Here are the traditional ways to cure chicken pox.
1. Don’t scratch
Though it is very tempting to scratch because it is very itchy, always remember the rule: don’t ever scratch it. The best thing to heal chicken pox is by letting the blisters unscratched. Scratching the rashes or blisters will only make them worse and might lead to infection and scarring. That’s why some people prefer to put on their gloves on their hands to prevent them from scratching.
2. Cool compress
When you start to feel itchy and red, try to apply a cool compress to the skin. By doing so, you can reduce the itching sensation on your skin. Use cotton to cover the ice and never put the ice directly on your skin.
Cool compress is also known as one of the remedies to Make Discoloured Nails White Naturally.
3. Baking soda
It is helpful to control the itching and irritation because of chicken pox.
Traditional ways to cure chicken pox:
- Mix one-half tablespoon of baking soda with a glass of water.
- Put the mixture using washcloth on the affected area and wait until it is dry.
4. Oatmeal bath
Oatmeal has natural soothing properties and helps to relieve the irritation of the skin. It is also helping to keep your skin moist and calm your skin down.
- Grind 2 cups of oatmeal until you get the form of powder.
- Pour it into warm water.
- Soak your body inside the bathwater for 15-20 minutes.
It relieves itchiness and help to heal the blisters caused by chicken pox.
Traditional ways to cure chicken pox:
- Apply the good quality and pure honey to the affected area.
- Repeat it for 2-3 times a day until you get the desired result.
6. Calamine lotion
Calamine lotion is known as one of the excellent remedies for treating chicken pox. Just simply apply some calamine lotion to the affected area and the blisters. It is trusted to heal the chicken pox and remove the rashes more quickly.
Caution: Please check whether you are sensitive to calamine lotion as for some people, the use of calamine lotion will make the itchiness greater.
7. Coconut water
It has cooling and soothing properties that are very beneficial for getting rid of chicken pox. Soak a cotton ball into coconut water and apply it to the rashes and blisters. It will give relax sensation and remove the marks.
8. Vitamin E oil
It is helpful for the infected skin recover. Just extract the oil from vitamin E capsules and apply the oil to the affected area.
9. Epsom salt
It is rich in magnesium and sulfate that help to relax the body and relieve pain.
- Dissolve 2 cups of Epsom salt with 3 gallons of water.
- Apply the mixture using cloth or cotton ball on the affected area.
10. Green peas
Besides becoming one of the tasty and healthy vegetables, green peas are also trusted as one of the ways of getting rid of chicken pox as it helps to relieve the rashes and blisters from pain and itchiness.
- Boil 200 gr of green peas with water.
- Grind the boiled green peas until you get the form of paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected area.
Other Natural Treatments to Heal of Chicken Pox
Besides the remedies elaborated above, there are several more natural treatments to get rid of chicken pox. Here are the traditional ways to cure chicken pox:
- Jasmine flower – it helps to give you great relief. Just simply grind some jasmine flower and mix with rice water. Put the mixture in a bathtub of warm water.
- Basil – it is famous of antibacterial and anesthetic properties. Boil some basil leaves, wait until it cools and strain. Apply the basil water to the affected area.
- Herbal tea – drink some herbal tea to boost your immune system and get fast recovery.
- Ginger – it is helpful to ward off many diseases. Soak your body in a tub of warm water mixed with with warm water.
- Marigold flower – it has antibiotic properties that is beneficial to fight chicken pox and make the healing process faster.
- Margosa – it is known as herbal remedies for treating chicken pox. It has antibiotic and anti-fungal properties. Remember not to give direct application to your skin.
- Aloe Vera – it has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help to cure the rashes.
- Sandalwood oil – is known as excellent herbal remedy for treating chicken pox. It gives greater effect when it is combined with turmeric as it will get rid of the disease quickly.
- Chamomile – is known having anti-inflammatory properties that help to relieve itching sensation on the skin. Add it to your bath to experience the effects.
- Lavender oil – it is helpful in reducing the itching sensation on the skin caused by chicken pox.
- Carrots and coriander – these combination helps to aid the process of healing as they are rich in antioxidants. Try to make a soup from carrot and coriander.
- Cocoa butter – it is rich in moisturizing properties that help fading the scars caused by chicken pox.
- Vitamin D – it can be obtained from the sun. Getting a bit of sunshine and vitamin D for your skin can quicken the healing process.
Additional Tips for Getting Rid of Chicken Pox
To make the cure process better and faster, you can follow these tips. By doing so, it will be more effective and help you to recover faster.
- Eat more vitamin C.
- Drink more fresh fruit and vegetable juices.
- Apply some vitamin E oil in the affected area.
- As it is better to prevent than to cure, please do vaccination.
Those remedies can be done at home for you to quicken the healing process of chicken pox. If you are not really sure to try those remedies, you can go visiting a doctor to get more accurate healing remedies. Hopefully one of those can work! If it doesn’t work well, please contact your doctor for further medical treatment. Stay Healthy, People!