25 Natural Ways to Boost Immune System Against Flu
During rainy and wet seasons, you are prone to get flu or cold easily. Your immune system is challenged to fight some diseases exist on your surroundings. When your immune system fails to fight off the diseases, then you will be sick.
Flu is one of the diseases that commonly infects most people during wet and rainy season. Due to this reason, you have to keep your body healthy during this season. There are vitamins and supplements you can buy at the drugstore, but natural ways and prevention are the best way. One of the important ways of fighting flu is by boosting your immune system so that your body can fight off the viruses.
You can also read 10 Causes of Cough During Night Time – Ways to Treat as coughing is one of the symptoms of flu.
Causes of flu
Influenza virus is the main cause of flu. There are three kinds of influenza viruses, they are known as influenza virus A, B and C:
- Influenza virus A – known as common type of flu and it usually attacks annually.
- Influenza virus B – less common one, causing flu in every 3-5 years.
- Influenza virus C – the mildest one, similar to cold symptoms.
Symptoms of flu
When you get flu, there are some symptoms you will experience. But, you have to remember that the symptoms one person experiences might be different. Here are the symptoms of flu.
- sore and dry throat
- ache all over the body
Natural Ways on How to Boost Immune System during Flu or Cold
Let’s check out the natural ways to boost immune system against flu:
Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C that helps to boost your immune system. It is trusted to increase white blood cells production. Citrus fruits are also important key to fight infections. Citrus fruits include grapefruit, oranges, lemons and limes. Just simply eat them directly or add them to your drinks.
2. Red bell peppers
Surprisingly, red bell peppers are very rich in vitamin C, even doubled than in citrus fruits. Besides vitamin C, red bell peppers are also rich in beta carotene that helps to maintain your skin health.
It contains vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A, C, E and antioxidants. It is known as the healthiest vegetables that help you to fight off the viruses and bacteria causing diseases, such as flu.
There are some natural ways to boost immune system against flu. Ginger is beneficial to reduce the inflammation and infection caused by flu, such as sore throat. Ginger can be used in some desserts and decrease nausea caused by flu.
This is one of the key ingredients in How to Treat Cancer with Turmeric #Proven Home Remedy. Besides being used for most cooked food, such as curries, turmeric plays lots of important role in maintaining your health. Turmeric is known for having anti inflammatory properties that are useful for treating inflammation caused by flu.
It has ton of essential nutrients for your body health, such as folate, potassium and vitamin C. Kiwi helps to boost white blood production that can be very beneficial to fight infection caused by flu.
7. Astragalus roots
Astragalus roots have been used in some of traditional Chinese medicine for long time. It is trusted for boosting immune system and fighting diseases, like flu.
It can fight infections and boost immune system. Almost all parts of ginseng plants are beneficial for maintaining immune homeostasis and resistance to diseases.
You might be questioning what the relation of meditation and flu healing process is. Just believe that the root of every disease comes from your mind. When you are doing meditation, you can reduce the risk of stress that can make your immune system weak. You can cut the possibility of catching cold and flu by sitting down relaxed and mindfully.
Probiotic is one of the supplements that are good for your health as it contains useful bacteria for your health. It can reduce the risk of infection happening in your respiratory and gastrointenstinal area.
Garlic is one of the most well-known ingredients in your kitchen that has thousands use for our health. Eating more garlic is helpful to fight off viruses. If you don’t like eating it raw, you can put it in some of your food recipe. Garlic is also useful for treating mosquito bites as stated in Ways to Naturally Relieve Mosquito Bites Easy and Fast.
Other ways to Boost Your Immune System During Flu
Besides using the ingredients elaborated above, you can include the following treatments to boost your immune system during flu. They are natural ways to boost immune system against flu:
- Extra amount of fluids – drink lots of water as when you are getting flu, you will lose some of your body liquids through sweat, mucus and other vital fluids.
- Bath in warm water – use lukewarm water to take a bath instead of cold and ice water as it will help to eliminate the discomfort caused by flu. By breathing in the moist, you can relieve your stuffy nose.
- Tea – 5 cups of black tea served for 2 weeks can fight more viruses in your blood. It is responsible for boosting your immune system.
- Echinacea – it is beneficial for reducing respiratory infections.
- Chicken soup – when it is served hot and steamy, it would help to clear your nasal passages. Moreover, it also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Menthol ointment – it gives cool sensation that is able to relieve the flu symptoms. It also eases sore throat and coughs.
- Red wine – it acts as a very good booster for immune system for your body. It kills bacteria and protects the body from illness like cold and flu. However, remember to consume it in a proper quantity.
- Honey – it is good for immune system as it is rich in antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- Flaxseeds – flaxseeds are rich in omega-3 that plays an important role in boosting your immune system. Besides, it also helps to reduce infections and inflammation.
- Oats – it is beneficial for boosting your immune system.
- Almonds – it is rich in vitamin E that increase the ability of your body to fight off infections. It improves the antibody responses to diseases.
- Gargling with salt – it helps to decrease the infection such as sore throat and nasal congestion and loosen your mucus.
- Olive leaves extract – it is known as a powerful booster for immune system for fighting off flu. It is served in form of capsules, oil and tea.
- Sambrucol – known as elderberry extract. It is beneficial for reducing the symptoms of flu.
How to Prevent from Getting Flu?
There are some ways of preventing yourself from getting flu. Here are the actions you can do for prevention.
- Get vaccinated
- Exercise regularly
- Apply good hygiene habit
- Healthy diet
- Drink enough water
The natural ways to boost immune system against flu commonly used by people who get infected by flu as they are natural, safe and practical. If you find them working well on your body, then you can do it whenever you get infected by flu. However, if none of those treatments are not really working, it is suggested to consult with your doctor. Good luck!