12 Fastest Ways to Get Rid of Calluses on Hands Naturally
Calluses can grow anywhere on your body but they’re most common on the hands and feet. Calluses are the thick skin area which is usually caused by friction or pressure. Calluses may get you to experience some skin issues like ulceration, infection, tenderness, and so on.
The symptoms are thickening of skin without distinct borders, usually has vary in color such as white to gray-yellow, brown, or red. It may form cracks (fissures) that are often painful.
Home Remedy for Treating Hand’s Calluses
Given below are some home remedies that are helpful in treating hands calluses. Ways to get rid of calluses on hands are:
- Epsom Salt Treatment
Epsom salt can softens the hard, callused skin so that removing it is easier and less damaging. How to apply:
- Fill a basin or tub with enough warm water. Add 3 teaspoon of epsom salt.
- Put your hand in the salty water, and soak them for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let your hands dry and then exfoliate the callused area with a pumice stone until the hard spots are gone.
- Wipe your hand with the towel to remove the loosened skin and apply moisturizer on your skin hand.
- Aspirin Paste Treatment
Aspirin contains salicylic acid that acts as an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent that in turn aid in treating the infection and also relieve swelling. How to apply:
- Crumbles the aspirins and add water until it is a smooth paste.
- put the paste over the calluses area and wrap your hand with gauze or roller bandages.
- Place a heated towel around in and cover it for about 20 minutes.
- Take off the bandages and wash the area clean.
- Dry your hand and use a pumice to gently remove the dead skin.
- Baking Soda Treatment
Baking soda is also one of an excellent home remedies for calluses because baking soda contains exfoliant properties. And the crystals in baking soda will help exfoliate the hard skin as well. How to apply:
- Add warm water in a tub and then add baking soda (3 tsp).
- Stir it thoroughly and then soak your hands and toes in it for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse the area with a pumice stone.
- Chamomile Treatment
Chamomile contains anti-inflammatory properties which are able to help in decreasing the discomfort caused by calluses. How to apply:
- Firstly, you shall make 1 or 2 cups of chamomile tea
- Soak your hands in gently
- Then add the tea to it gently
- Soak your hand in there for 10 minutes
- Follow this method once a day before you go to sleep to get the best result.
- Lemon Treatment
Lemon has the source to help to soften the hard skin. Lemon contains high acidity level top make your skin clear. Besides, it also helps to relieve the discomfort caused by calluses. How to apply:
- Firstly, slice a piece of lemon peel and put it on your affected area.
- Then cover it by using the roller bandage, so that it places right in your skin.
- Then, do it gently. Replace it with new lemon peel in the next morning.
- Follow this method twice or thrice a day daily until your hands skin gets clearer and better
- Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment
Apple Cider vinegar have the agents to boost the healing process and soften the hard skin due to its natural acidic. How to apply:
- Use a cotton ball in the vinegar and then tape it to the affected areas before going to bed.
- Stay it on overnight.
- Exfoliate the dry skin area in the next morning gently.
- Also apply some coconut oil or olive oil in order to keep the area moisturized.
Apple Cider Vinegar also useful to get rid warts on hand, read here: Best Way to Get Rid of Warts on Hands at Home
- Bread and Vinegar Treatment
To get a better result you can use bread with apple cider vinegar. How to apply:
- Take a slice of bread and soak it in apple cider or white vinegar.
- Then, take the soaked bread
- and place it over your callus.
- Wrap you hand with gauze.
- Leave it like this overnight or at least for few hours.
- Rub with pumice stone, wash and moisturize.
- Onion Treatment
Onion has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and it is very effective for curing calluses. How to apply:
- Slice a small onion in half and then add it in white vinegar for at least 3 hours.
- Then, rub the vinegar-soaked onion to the affected area and wrap your hands and toes in plastic wrap.
- Leave it stay on overnight.
- The next morning, use a pumice stone to scrape away the dead skin cells.
- Papaya Treatment
Papaya will help slough off dead and dry skin because it contains several enzymes. Besides, papaya also can help reduce any discomfort or pain. How to apply:
- Gauge raw papaya and then extract its juice.
- Dip a cotton ball in the juice, next to put it on the calluses and then protect it with tape.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Gently exfoliate the skin with a pumice stone to in the next morning.
- Oatmeal Treatment
Oatmeal is a great exfoliating agent and can remove calluses and hardened dead skin cells very well. How to apply:
- Mix oatmeal and fresh cream, and add warm water to it.
- Soak the calluses area into this mixture for an hour.
- Rub the calluses with a pumice stone so that the softened skin is effectively removed.
You can also use oatmeal for your dry cracked feet Natural Ways to Heal Dry Cracked Feet with Home Remedies
- Castor Oil Treatment
Castor oil has the sources to moisturize rough, dry skin making it effective in softening calluses. How to apply:
- Soak your hand in warm water for about 10 minutes
- and next to scrub the affected area with a pumice stone.
- Use a cotton ball soaked in castor oil to cover the affected area.
Glycerine is also an excellent home remedy for calluses on hands. Glycerine have the sources to smooth the rough and dried skin and return it to its naturally soft state. How to apply:
- Take some glycerine and then gently massage over the troubled areas for at least 5 minutes.
- Wear soaks and lastly allow it over night to obtain the desirable benefits.
Did you experience having cellulite on your calves, we can help you here as well: Best Ways to Get Rid of Cellulite on Calves (Easy Workout)
How to Prevent Treating Hand’s Calluses
After knowing ways to get rid of calluses on hands, hereby given some tips for you in order to prevent calluses happening again.
- You need to always moisturize your skin. Mostly, moisturize to the affected area that often get calluses like the hands and feet. Moisturize at least twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed. You can use body lotion to get rid your calluses skin and help to prevent more cracking
- Too much water can actually dry out your hands, leading to cracking and chapping and making them more prone to callusing. It is better for you to limit the time you spend in the bath and shower.
- Be gentle. After that, you can treat it daily by using lotion to moisturize you skin.
You may also want to read: