15 Excellent Ways to Get Rid of Black Lips from Smoking
A desire to have soft, rose-colored lips is reasonable for women, but it is a bit hard for those who cannot put aside the smoking habit. Darkened lips could take away a beautiful smile and might reduce confidence. These days, many saloons, beauty products, and clinics offer lips reddening treatment instantly. You may also read about Ways to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Lips
To include this in the budget, you have to dig into your pocket, for sure. Do not worry, apart from the high-cost fund you must invest in getting pinky lips, here are home remedies to help you out with the problem.
Causes of Dark Lips
- Nicotine and tartar in the cigarette— They are the culprit of lips discoloration and blood vessel constriction.
- Exposure to the sun — Melanin deposition from chronic sun exposure can cause the burn off your body parts especially skin and lips.
- Dryness — Lip lickers, smokers, and mouth breathers face drought more than those who aren’t.
- Coffee and tea intake — Excessive drinking coffee and tea stains teeth and darkens your lips also.
- Alcohol — It can cause the black spot on lips.
- Cosmetic products — Low quality, overuse, and longtime usage of lipstick product may leave you a pigmented lips.
- Anemia — People with anemia often have pale lips due to the deficiency iron in the body.
- Bulimia and Anorexia — Bulimia and anorexia sufferers are often vomiting which can increase stomach acid and cause lips discoloration.
- Medication — Some medication like antipsychotic drugs, hydroquinone (skin-lightening agent), and Tetracycline have impacts on pigmented lips.
- Dehydration— Insufficient water causes the dark tones of lips.
- Allergy—Some particulars cosmetics can be the allergen. Throw it away from your makeup kit.
- Hormonal changing— Pregnant women often face hormonal change, and it can cause brownish, dark lips.
Excellent Home Remedies for Dark Lips from Smoking
Good news for the smokers is that the universe provides human with abundant natural resources of remedies, including some for the darkened lips. Keep reading to find how to get a gorgeous pinky rosy lips. Here is ways to get rid of black lips from smoking:
Lemon has bleaching agent that is powerful to lighten the dark lips from smoking. You only have to:
- Slice a fresh lemon.
- Add a sprinkle of sugar on it.
- Rub it to your lips daily.
- Sugar can exfoliate the lips dead skin cell. The combination would result in healthy pinky lips you desire.
Read also: How to Treat Your Stomach After Vomiting
- Rose Petal
To get back your lips’ natural color, the use of rose petal is the best choice. It is an ancient medicine to the soothing and moisturizing skin. For reddening lips treatment, you have to:
- A hand palm of rose petals
- Two to four tablespoons of milk.
- Soak rose petals in a bowl with milk for an hour.
- Make a paste and apply it to your lips.
- Rinse after an hour.
- Repeat daily.
- You can also:
- Mix one drop of rose water with honey and rub your lips with the mixture.
Find out excellent tips on Best Way to Get Rid of Hair at Bikini Line
- Olive Oil
With various medicinal properties, olive oil will help to moisturize your lips and makes them soft and healthy. Just massage your lips gently with olive oil before sleeping time, and wash it next morning.
Alternatively, you can make a scrub. Here’s ways to get rid of black lips from smoking:
- A drop of olive oil.
- A pinch of sugar.
- One drop of honey.
- Mix them and use it for scrubbing your lips.
- Do it once a week. Your lips will shine and lighter within three weeks.
You might read: Ways to Get Rid of Blisters Without Popping Them
It has natural bleaching agent which help to reduce lips discoloration caused by excessive smoking.
You will prepare:
- Two slices of beetroot.
- Two slices of carrot.
- Blend them by adding a drop of honey.
- Apply the paste to your lips.
- It would be better if you do the method before going to bed and rinse your lips the next morning and the natural red color of beetroot provides you with a healthy, red lips right away.
- Repeat the method daily for the best result.
Read also: Ways to Get Rid of Calluses on Hands
Sugar is the best scrub for skin ever, and exfoliating your lips by using it will reduce the dead skin and rejuvenate it.
- Take a teaspoon of sugar.
- A half teaspoon of butter.
- Blend them and apply to lips.
- Leave it fifteen minutes.
- Wipe the paste with a soft cloth.
- Rinse with water.
Pomegranate helps to nourish and nurture your lip health. So, it is useful to treat your darkened lips.
- Blend a teaspoon of pomegranate seed with milk until it becomes a paste.
- Rub your lips using the paste for a few minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Do the method daily.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has antioxidant which is powerful to lighten your dark lips. It also can wipe away the impurity present it. You can apply the aloe gel directly to the lips and leave it dries. Once it dries, rinse with water. Alternatively, smash the gel and mix with honey to make a paste. Use it to massage your lips gently daily.
The more useful information here: Best Way to Get Rid of Infection in Your Mouth
- Coconut Oil
Use coconut oil as a lip balm will help to moisturize your lips due to its fatty acid.
- Just apply the oil directly with your fingertip before going to bed.
- Rinse the next morning.
- Almond Oil
Olive oil has emollient properties help to rejuvenate and smoothen your lips. Here’s ways to get rid of black lips from smoking:
- You can apply the oil right to your lips.
- Do it before sleeping time.
- Repeat daily.
- Cucumber Juice
Cucumber is rich in lightening agent to bring back your pink lips naturally. By applying cucumber slice on your lips daily, it would moisturize the dark and dry lips.
- Grab any berry you have in your refrigerator.
- Blend or crush it to make a paste.
- You can add sugar if you want to scrub, or directly apply the paste and leave an hour before you wash it with clean water.
- Vitamin C in berries will moisturize and help to lighten your pigmented lips.
The use of honey to soften the skin is an ancient yet proven method. That is why it is always included in the various type of cosmetic product. It also has a lightening agent that can help to make your lips pink, soft and looks lively.
Just apply honey directly to your lips.
- Leave it an hour.
- Rinse with water.
- Or you can make a scrub with honey, sugar, and lemon. Rub your lips with the mixture daily and get the excellent result shortly.
Find out more tips on Ways to Get Rid of Feet Swelling
- Orange Peel
Do not throw your orange peel before you use it to rub the lips. Indeed, the Vitamin C in orange also contain in its peel so it is the great source for you to have a rose-colored lips without losing money. Have the flesh for the skin health and body nutrition, and get the benefit from the peel for lips. Kill two birds with one stone, right?
Again, the power of Vitamin C that helps to give you a light lip color and fight the discoloration as well.
- You can apply the juice to your lips directly.
- Leave it an hour.
- Rinse with water and get the elastic, lighter lips within a few weeks.
One of the properties in milk called lactic acid is the weapon to lighten and soften your lips.
Apply directly to your lips. Alternatively, you can also add turmeric to make a paste. Rub gently and wash after fifteen minutes.
Preventive Steps to Avoid Darkened Lips
After knowing the ways to get rid of black lips from smoking, here’s to prevent it:
- You may stop smoking right away
- Never going to bed without washing off your face and remove the lipstick.
- Use lip balms to keep your lip moisturized.
- Do not bite or lick your lips as it a factor in causing a dull and dark lips.
- Stop smoking. Its ingredients turn your lip color and bad for your health.
- Reduce coffee and tea consumption.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
Eating food rich in vitamins and minerals nourishes your skin and makes your lips look beautiful and pink. It is recommended to include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
Drinking lots of water and juices keep your skin soft and moisturize it. Water nourishes the skin and helps in growth of new skin cells. Dry skin and lips indicate that your skin is not adequately hydrated. It is advised to drink eight glasses of water every day to keep your skin and lips healthy.
So, after reading the article, you will be ready to smile again. Treat the dark lips from smoking is not that hard. You can find a lot of home remedies to tackle lip discoloration as mentioned above. Have a try and do not forget to smile!