16 Ways on How to Cure Chapped Lips in 5 Minutes with Home Remedies
Dehydration, allergy, or vitamin deficiency are several signs contribute to the chapped lips or medically known as Cheilitis. It is common to happen, especially if you live in a harsh weather country. A severe dry season or winter take out humidity which will suck out the moisturizer of your lips.
Causes of Chapped Lips/Cheilitis
- The lack of moisturiser
- Drinking and smoking
- Hard kissing
- It sometimes happened accidentally, right? But yes, it is one of the causes of chapped lips you may encounter.
- Breath through the mouth.
- Harsh climate (Winter, Summer)
- Dry heat
- Dehydration (it pulls moisturiser from the lips)
- Excessive of lip-licking (saliva contains acid to process food, but it can crack your lips. Chemical irritation from saliva can dry out the lips
- Allergy to beauty product such as
- Medication (high blood pressure medicine, chemotherapy drugs)
- Severe dryness
- Mouth sores
- Dry patches
- Flaky lips
However, you do not have to worry. Below are several ways to cure chapped lips in 5 minutes with home remedies naturally. Before dive more in-depth to the treatments, you should know the causes of this lip problem.
How to cure chapped lips in 5 minutes? Here is it! Exfoliant agent in brown or white sugar will help the natural removal of dead skin of lips. You only have to:
- Add a teaspoon of sugar, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
- Stir well the mixture.
- Use the mixture as a scrub.
- Rinse with water.
The famous item of natural, functional medicine is fall for honey. Combine honey with any herbs, medicinal properties just as potent as consuming it in raw. For the chapped lips issue, it nourishes the lips and brings back the moisture that sucks out by the heat or dryness environment.
- Just put a little drop of honey on your fingertip.
- Rub it gently over your lips.
- Leave it for minutes.
- Clean with warm water.
You might want to read more about that in Ways on How to Get Rid of Acne with Banana Peel.
- Baking soda
Baking soda helps eliminate the burning sensation of chapped lips. It also has the expoliant agent to keep the skin of lip nourished.
How to get the benefit of baking soda for your painful, cracked lips:
- Combine a teaspoon of baking soda with a couple of spoon of honey.
- Mix it well.
- Apply the paste to your lips.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
The humidifier is one choice to keep your skin and lips moisturized. Just set it up in the bedroom and let the rest of it.
Cucumber has an astringent agent to helps freshen the lips and hydrates with a delightful sensation.
How to cure chapped lips in 5 minutes?
- You just need one to three slices of cucumber.
- Place over your lips.
- Do it while watching TV or reading would be nicer! That’s the ways to cure chapped lips in 5 minutes with home remedies naturally.
- Aloe vera
Aloe vera soothes the pain of the cracked lip; it also acts as a moisturizer for your lips skin. How to cure chapped lips in 5 minutes? It’s effortless, folks!
Apply pure aloe vera gel to your lips two times a day. That’s it!
- Hydrocortisone cream
Hydrocortisone cream helps the healing process of cheilitis. You can directly apply it over the lips at night when you don’t eat and drinking. It helps the healing process of the cracked lips. However, do not overusing, because it will cause perioral dermatitis like a rash.
- Shea butter
Shea butter has emollient and anti-inflammatory properties that locked the moisture and keep your lips elasticity.
- Put it on your fingertip.
- Rub gently on your lips.
- Coconut oil
Coconut oil is one of the best, purest items you can choose for treating the flaky skin lips.
Lubricate your lips with coconut oil right away and let the dead skin of your lips diminished. You can check the other uses of coconut oil in Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath with Home Remedies.
- Green tea
Green tea will re-hydrates your lips as its valued properties help the lips nourished.
Put a wet green tea bag on your lips to re-hydrate it and apply coconut oil afterwards.
- Almond oil, jojoba oil, canola oil.
All of them all have moisturising and protective properties which is vital to your lips. Apply directly over the lips, or you can mix them with any other ingredient such as honey, baking soda, etc., to get the excellent result. Indeed, this is also the Natural Ways to Heal Dry Cracked Feet with Home Remedies.
Milk, especially the fresh one, contains with lactic acid that exfoliates the dead skin from lip surface.
How to Use it:
- Drink your milk.
- Leave the last drop on your lips.
- Let it there for about 2-3 minutes
- Rinse with clean water.
- Petroleum jelly
Petroleum jelly knows as good as honey in curing the cracked lips. By using it as lip balm or chapstick, you’ll get elastic, healthy lips.
- Rose petals
Vitamin E in rose petals helps to nourish the lips and retain lips natural colour.
How to Use it:
- Soak a palm of rose petals in 3-4 spoons of milk for 2-3 hours.
- Mash the petal gently to get the thick solution
- Use this paste to rub your lips.
- Cocoa butter
Its essential fatty acid will moisturize the lips and keep you away from chapped lips.
How to Use it: Apply cocoa butter right away to your lips and do it regularly. Then, you may also want to read about 25 Natural Homemade Ways to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- Food with high vitamin C and Fiber
Broccoli, grapefruit, berries, and guava are rich in Vitamin C which is fantastic for skin and your cure process of the swelling and bleeding cracked lips. That’s great ways to cure chapped lips in 5 minutes with home remedies naturally.
How to Use it: Just add them to your daily diet and get the benefits without any unpleasant effect.
You may also rad about Ways on How to Treat a Black Eye with Home Remedies.
How to Prevent Chapped Lips
- Avoid using lip product with flavour, fragrance, and or colours until the cracked lips heal. It irritates the lip even though it smells good.
- Do not pick up the skin flakes of your lip because of it just like remove away the cell skin of lips forcibly and it will cause bleeding, swelling, and wound.
- Exfoliate your lips with homemade scrub regularly.
- Use a lip balm with emollient and protect agent (waxes) combination when you hang out.
- Use SPF sunscreen when you are in the sun/outdoor
- Drink a lot of water
- Reduce the consumption of drinking coffee, soda, and salty food
- Avoid to consume citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, etc. before the cracked healed, its acid can worsen the cracked lips.
- Stop eating spicy food. It irritates the lips.
- Use lip balm before washing face. Face cleanser is designed to remove oil from your face which dries out the lip, so lip balm acts as a protector of your lips.
- Do not lick your lips.
- Breathe through nose
- See dermatologist when your chapped lips seem never cured or getting worse.
Meanwhile, now you know the tricks about ways on how to cure chapped lips in 5 minutes with home remedies. Thus, you can use it in daily natural treatments to make your lips pinky and healthy.
You may also read: