The Right and Most Effective Boiled Potato Diet in a Week
Boiled potato diet can be a good choice for your diet. Potatoes are a type of plant that originated in South America and was introduced by Spain to Europe in the second half of the 16th century. Since then, potatoes have become an integral part of the food supply for many countries of the world. It is the fourth largest food crop in the world, after corn, wheat, and rice.
Boiled Potato Diet
More than 99% of the types of potatoes that are currently cultivated throughout the world are derived from varieties originating from the lowlands of the south-central part of Chile. This type replaces varieties from the Andes that were previously popular.
Boiled potato diet originated in ancient times in Latin America, where they used potatoes to cleanse the digestive tract and detox the entire body. Certainly, this raises various questions, such as “Is it true that I can reduce weight by just consuming high carbohydrate foods?”, or “How does a potato diet work?” The answer is yes, you can lose weight by eating only potatoes.
How to Boil Potato for Diet
- Prepare 1.5 kilograms of potatoes that have been washed and cleaned.
- Boil the potatoes as a whole without removing the skin by peeling.
- Make sure the potatoes are cooked by sticking a fork. If the inside of the potato is already tender, turn the stove off and remove the potatoes from the pan.
- Cut the potatoes into smaller pieces. Depending on the size, you can divide a potato into 4 parts for medium-sized potatoes and 6 parts for large potatoes.
- Eat these potatoes all day long. Remember you can also add salt, butter, margarine, and various other spices such as garlic and onions. You can also puree the boiled potatoes and add a little water plus a little butter.
- Prepare yourself to eat boiled potatoes for 15 consecutive days. The calorie content in this food is 1,200 calories per day.
Boiled Potato Diet Menu
If you really want to try this boiled potato diet, surely you will also worried that you will feel sick of eating boiled potatoes with such flavors. Do not worry, because we have prepared menus that you can follow so you won’t get tired of eating potatoes. This menu also ensures that your body continues to get the nutrients you need while on a diet so that you will not feel a lack of energy or fatigue.
- Make appetizing foods from boiled potatoes. First, puree the boiled potatoes first. Then, mix plain low-fat yogurt. Add chopped onion along with celery and parsley. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper while stirring slowly until everything is evenly mixed.
- Chop red peppers and artichokes with low-fat barbecue sauce as a complementary food. Then, serve boiled potatoes as the main food.
- Sprinkle boiled potatoes with fresh herbs such as basil and parsley leaves along with spices such as black pepper and cumin powder to strengthen the flavor. Fresh herbs contain many antioxidants that help ward off free radicals. Black pepper has anti-bacterial and cumin effects that help your digestive tract and is also a source of iron.
- Add 3 tablespoons of salsa on top of the boiled potatoes, then sprinkle with grated, low-fat cheese to give the Mexican food a taste of your boiled potatoes
- Cut the boiled potatoes into small cubes and add steamed vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, beans, and peas. Sprinkle with a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little olive oil.
- Potatoes can also be made into salads. Cut the potatoes into small cubes and mix with plain low-fat yogurt. Then, add the chopped garlic, the red peppers, and pickled dill into the yogurt and potato mixture, then sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Make potatoes with inspiration from Italian food. Cut the boiled potatoes into small cubes and mix it with a little of marinara and oregano sauce that has been pounded. Sprinkle this mixture with a little Parmesan cheese.
- Make a boiled potatoes soup. Add boiled vegetables and cut into small pieces such as broccoli, carrots, celery, and garlic along with boiled potatoes. Mix everything with vegetable broth and then sprinkle with a little black pepper and salt.
Those are a number of ways and menus for a diet with boiled potatoes that you can try. A diet with boiled potatoes can help to reduce appetite and prevent you from overeating so it is very useful to maintain your ideal weight.
- Is Sourdough Bread Good for Weight Loss? Natural Diet Tricks
- 15 Easy Ways on How To Make Infused Water For Diet
- 15 Types of Vegetable Salad for Diet – Highly Recommended
Therefore, you are recommended to go on a diet with boiled potatoes regularly. You should do this diet every 3 months. Hopefully, after you know the method and diet menu with boiled potatoes, you will find this helpful and surely you can achieve what you want.