13 Foods Containing Vitamin B12 With Benefits
Vitamin B12 or Cobalamin is one type of vitamin B that has an important role in the body. Nutrients containing vitamin B12 can help the body maintain the nervous system, produce DNA, produce red blood cells and prevent anemia. We can get vitamin B12 from food sources.
Sources of vitamin B12 can only be obtained from animals or animal products. All types of natural vitamin B12 can only be obtained from food products that are sourced from animals or animal products.
We can not use food sources such as fruits and vegetables to meet the needs of vitamin B12. But we can still consume some types of foods fortified with vitamin B12 as in food packaging. But the natural source remains the best for the health of the body.
Here are some food sources that contain vitamin B12 :
1. Haring fish (13.11 mcg / 100 gram)
Foods that contain vitamin B12 highest is herring. Herring is a type of fish that grows in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean. In the Netherlands, this fish is often found and become the main menu daily.
In fact, they consume raw herring which is believed to have high nutrients. You can also find 11, 23 grams of fat, 200 calories and 23, 56 grams of protein per 100 grams of cooked fish. Here are some reasons why fish are good for the health of the body.
Benefits of Haring Fish :
- The herring contains excellent vitamin D to support bone and tooth growth and prevent various bone disorders.
- Fatty acids in a herring are useful for maintaining heart health, supporting brain function and reducing the risk of inflammation in the bone joint.
- The content of iron and vitamin B12 in herrings can be the best source for maintaining the production of red blood cells, maintaining healthy body and nerve function.
- Phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium in herrings are excellent for maintaining healthy bones, even in 100 grams of herrings containing about 140 calcium and 345 milligrams of phosphorus.
2. Tuna (10.3 mcg / 100 gram)
Tuna contains about 30.2 grams of protein, 6.3 grams of fat and 182 calories and this makes tuna can meet the daily nutritional needs. Tuna can we get a fresh fish and packaging products such as canned tuna.
Types of canned tuna usually consist of several different categories such as parts that contain lots of protein, fat or tuna parts that have been formed in the fiber. Tuna that has been packed in a can is usually enriched with herbs and olive oil is very good for the body. Read more about Vitamins for Patients for Mitral Valve Prolapse
Here are the benefits of tuna for the health of the body :
- Tuna has a high protein content so it is very good for maintaining muscle strength and a source of energy for the body.
- Tuna can lower levels of triglycerides or bad cholesterol in the body so it can prevent the risk of heart disease, stroke, and various other heart diseases.
- Vitamin B12 in tuna serves to support the formation of red blood cells, maintain a healthy body, safe immune system and keep the skin, hair, and nails.
3. Crab (9.3 mcg / 100 mg)
Consumption of crab in Indonesia is still very low, this is due to the price of crab is quite expensive. Though crabs contain various types of nutrients such as vitamins, amino acids, calcium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, and have carbohydrates and fats are quite small. Crab meat can be processed into various dishes. The texture of crab meat is famous for its delicious and sweet taste. Read more about Foods with High Vitamin K
The benefits of crab for health include:
- Chromium content in crabs can help the metabolism of insulin and sugar substances in the body so it is very good for diabetics because it can lower blood sugar levels.
- High selenium in crabs can prevent the growth of cancer and tumors caused by free radicals and high levels of carcinogen in the blood.
- Crabs contain high levels of omega 3 and vitamin B12 that can support heart health, lower cholesterol levels and help the production of red blood cells.
4. Sardine (8.72 mcg / 100 gram)
Sardines have a taste that is quite tasty and delicious. Sardines are found in Indonesian waters. The abundant supply of sardines makes many cannabis companies fish sardines in cans. Sardines have very soft meat characteristics and high nutritional content.
Here are the benefits of sardines for the health of the body :
- The content of vitamin B12 in sardines can reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and cancer. In addition sardines contain riboflavin and niacin which help prevent the decline in brain function and memory power.
- Sardines also contain calcium and iron that contribute to strengthening bones and teeth. besides that the potassium found in sardines is very good for maintaining heart health.
5. Caviar (5.54 mcg / 100 gram)
Caviar is another name of fish eggs taken from sturgeon fish. Caviar has black color and contains a variety of good nutrients for the body. Caviar can be found in certain places such as restaurants or seafood restaurants. Although caviar is sold at high prices, but a little caviar is sufficient nutritional needs.
Below are the benefits of caviar for health :
- Caviar contains a lot of vitamin B12 that plays a role to maintain the immune system, maintain muscle function and encourage the production of red blood cells.
- Caviar also contains lots of vitamin A and E are good for maintaining eye health, prevent dehydration, and maintain healthy nails, hair and skin.
- The content of copper in caviar is excellent for producing white blood cells, maintaining healthy body and maintaining the immune system.
- Caviar contains omega 3 substances that can maintain heart health and regulate the body’s inflammatory response system.
6. Shellfish (5.12 mcg / 100 gram)
Do you like to consume shellfish? Mussels are found in many seafood markets. The mussels have a tasty and delicious flavor. Processed shellfish are often made into boiled, steamed or burned foods. The edible portion of edible meat is small, but the shellfish provides many excellent nutrients for the body. Read more about Benefits of Vitamin B5
The benefits of shellfish for interalain health are:
- Shellfish contains omega 3 fatty acids are high enough to be useful for maintaining heart health, lower cholesterol and prevent depression.
- Shellfish contain various types of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3 and vitamin D. In addition in shellfish is also found sources of minerals such as magnesium, iron zar and calcium. All these types of nutrients help the body to control the immune system, accelerate wound healing and prevent Alzheimer’s.
7. Salmon (3.12 mcg / 100 gram)
Efficacy and nutrition of salmon is no doubt. Salmon fish contain various types of nutrients. Salmon fish are found in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Salmon meat has a solid structure, crunchy and savory. Even raw salmon has a very sweet and refreshing taste. The most famous salmon ingredients are from Japan such as sashimi or sushi.
Here are the benefits of salmon for health :
- Salmon contains omega 3 to 2 grams per 2 ounces of omega 3 fatty acids, which is very good for maintaining heart health, lowering cholesterol and reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Vitamin B12 content in salmon is useful for strengthening the immune system, maintaining healthy body, fight bacterial and bacterial infections and strengthen the nervous system and brain.
- Salmon also contains selenium. Selenium is needed by the body to prevent heart disease, reduce the risk of cancer and build a healthy body.
8. Beef (3.75 mcg / 200 gram)
Beef becomes one of the famous foods in Indonesia. Beef can be processed into rendang, meatballs or various other dishes. Although sometimes beef is considered too fatty, but it turns out the beef is very useful for health. Read more about Benefits of Vitamin D3
The following are the benefits of consuming beef :
Beef that does not contain fat is very good to meet the nutritional needs of the body. Even beef can be the main menu for the diet.
Beef contains a very important source of protein for adults and children. All the protein content in beef contains amino acids that play a role to provide a source of energy in the muscles, help balance hormones and to lose weight.
Beef contains all the elements of B vitamins, including vitamin B12 that can support the immune system, maintain the intake of energy sources and maintain the nervous system.
• Iron found in meat can support the production of red blood cells, regulate blood pressure and maintain weight.
9. Goat Meat (2.55 mcg / 100 gram)
Goat or sheep meat is also very good to meet the nutritional needs of the body. In about 100 grams of goat meat can have 22.34 grams of fat, 267 calories and 22.42 proteins. This amount is very high though only in small pieces of mutton. Read more about Effect of Using Lemon Mask Every Day
Here are the benefits of eating goat meat :
- Protein from goat meat can provide a very large source of energy for the body. Proteins help the body to break down carbohydrates into a source of energy.
- The content of vitamin B12 and other types of B vitamins in goat meat can be useful to help the body produce red blood cells, become a source of energy in the body and support nerve function in the brain.
- Goat meat contains good zinc minerals to maintain the immune system, balances testosterone and produces red blood cells.
10. Codfish (1.23 mcg / 100 gram)
Code fish found in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Codfish can be found in the form of processed fresh fish or in canned packaging. This fish has a meat structure that is thick, soft and not too tasteful. Code fish has a variety of nutritional content that can form the body’s health system.
Here are the benefits of consuming coded fish :
- Code fish contain vitamin B12 which is useful for maintaining the nervous system and bone, supporting heart health, preventing blood clotting disease and maintaining the immune system.
- Consuming coded fish into the oil can lower the risk of heart attack, diseases of the heart arteries and lower cholesterol levels.
- Code fish contain certain types of proteins that can help the body in processing power sources, lower cholesterol and build muscle mass.
11. Cheese (0.45 mcg / 200 gram)
Do you like to eat cheese? The use of cheese in Indonesia is still small when compared with western countries. Cheese is just a mixture of food like cakes or other preparations. But it turns out the cheese needed the body to meet the needs of vitamins that are not found in other food types. Read more about Factors Causing Food Poisoning
Here are the benefits of cheese for health :
- Cheese contains vitamin B12 that can regulate homocysteine levels in the blood. This makes cheese a good food to maintain heart health and prevent various heart diseases.
- Calcium found in cheese plays an important role in helping bone and tooth formation and maintaining muscle and nervous system contractions,
- Phosphorus found in cheese can support the formation of bones and teeth, and good to be a source of energy.
12. Egg (0, 92 mcg / 100 gram)
Eggs are foods favored by both children and parents. All types of eggs are very useful to meet the nutritional needs of the body. In addition, eggs can be processed into various types of cuisine.
Benefits of eggs for health, among others are:
- Eggs have a high enough supply of protein that can be used as diet foods. eggs can produce a source of energy for the body and avoid malnutrition.
- Eggs contain vitamin B12 which plays a role to maintain energy intake for the body and also play an important role for the formation of red blood cells.
- Eggs overcome various diseases caused by iron deficiency. Iron content in eggs can help the body to become more immune from bacterial and viral infections.
13. Chicken (0.34 mcg / 100 gram)
Chicken especially on the chest has a very abundant amount of nutrients. Consuming skinless chicken is highly recommended for everyone. In 100 grams of chicken meat can contain about 200 calories, 23.67 grams of protein and 7.21 fat.
The benefits of chicken meat for health include:
- Protein in chicken meat is very useful to control the production of energy, the construction of the body’s muscle tissue system and helps maintain intestinal health.
- The content of vitamin B12, B3 and B6 in chicken meat is beneficial to maintain energy intake, convert carbohydrates into energy and help metabolism process.
- The content of selenium in chicken meat plays a role to reduce cancer risk, prevent heart disease and stroke and prevent various diseases caused by infection.
Vitamin B12 has a very important role in the body. This vitamin can only be obtained from foods processed from animal or animal nutrition. Until now there has been no source of fruits and vegetables that contain natural vitamin B12 and is usually found only in foods fortified with vitamin B12 substances. Read more about How To Prevent Acid Reflux for Stomach Health
So, consuming some kind of food as above is highly recommended. If you are on a diet should also consider the type of food sources of vitamin B12 in order not to experience vitamin B12 deficiency.
Vitamin B12 Formation Process
Vitamin B12 found in foods produced from animal products cannot be processed directly by the body. The body will perform several processes until it can absorb vitamin B12 that goes into the digestive system.
All foods that have entered the stomach organs will be processed into two types of vitamin B12, namely from protein and food. After the process is complete then vitamin B12 is obtained from food will join the protein and absorbed by the body.
Symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that the body can not produce on its own. We must keep the intake of foods containing vitamin B12. Symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency can be found with some of the following signs.
- The body becomes more tired, lethargic and emotionally unstable.
- Usually, the patient will experience a drastic decrease in appetite that often causes weight down in quick time.
- The appearance of nervous disorders characterized by tingling, numbness, and numbness in the feet and hands.
- Some people may experience depressed feelings, depression, confusion, and poor memory.
- If vitamin B12 deficiency is not treated promptly it can cause severe anemia.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency can occur in children with signs of slow growth and the child appears to be weaker.
Benefits of Vitamin B12 for Health
Basically, vitamin B12 has a function to keep the nervous system in the body and help the process of metabolism. But vitamin B12 also has a very complex role to support the health of the body. The following are some of the benefits of vitamin B12 for the body :
- Vitamin B12 has an important role to convert carbohydrates from food into a source of glucose so that the body always feel getting energy from food.
- Vitamin B12 also plays a role to improve the function of the nervous system so that the brain is not easily depressed, reduce symptoms of depression and prevent the depreciation of brain volume.
- Vitamin B12 has a big role in lowering cholesterol, maintaining blood pressure and protecting the body from the symptoms of stroke and heart attack. Read more about Causes of High Blood Pressure at Young Age
- An adequate amount of vitamin B12 in the body can maintain healthy hair, nails, and skin. It also plays a role to support the process of cell replacement and cell reproduction system.
Eating foods containing super high vitamin B12 naturally without processed ingredients is highly recommended